• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Impossible Mistakes in Pokemon

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
kennychan007 said:
Judi Yuki said:
Team Rocket should be dead taking thunderbolts over 400 time wtf thats crazy
Yes, I argee. Team Rocket must die when they are electric shocked over many time. In real world, they must die just 1 time for 20 seconds.
ED said:
First of all, anyone mentioning quotes from the dub as mistakes outta know most of those mistakes are NOT in the original version. 4Kids has been dubbing the series for nearly 7 years and STILL doesn't know anything about the show they're working on.

Second, DO NOT BRING REAL LIFE PHYSICS INTO AN ANIMATED SHOW. If a Water Gun can cause a FIREY EXPLOSION just by hitting the ground, then obviously the show's not going to be as realistic as possible.

"lolz ash survived flamthrowr how?!11"

And for the whole "show stopping while person thinks," this is not just in Pokémon. This sorta thing occurs in other shows.
Read these-don't expect me to 4kids-fied them either :/

P

pikachu000

in the episold were a trianer's maovile (this) ---> ;303; is in love with brocks lambrai(this)------> ;271;

at first lombrai don't like maovile at all but when it evolved it loves maovile why is that??
and how did lombrai konw that the trianer had a water stone in her bag?

and how did ash servive pikachu's shocks in the start of kento??

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
pikachu000 said:
at first lombrai don't like maovile at all but when it evolved it loves maovile why is that??
Oh, I don't know, maybe it developed an affection for it? ¬¬ It's personality changed when it evolve, which was stated in the actual episode.
and how did lombrai konw that the trianer had a water stone in her bag?
It didn't, it was just digging into it randomly. -_-;
and how did ash servive pikachu's shocks in the start of kento??
Seriously, it's an animated cartoon, you can't expect everything to make sense. You can't expect a show, that has creatures with amazing powers and abilities in it, to actually "make sense". ¬¬

(BTW, it's Lombre, not lambrai or lombrai, and it's Kanto, not kento. Now THOSE are impossible mistakes, along with other words you misspelled. Spell Checker, plz. ¬¬)

Last edited:

Zoy_Herotic

Charizard Trainer
One thing that bothers me about the dubbed Anime is when TR dress up and manage to fool Ash and co! Like seriously, how could you not tell it was them?!

S

sephiroth follower

heres one from the people who ban episodes. they banned the legend of dragonair for gunshot yet alot of the time team rocket's shooting missiles (which is more deadly) there's something wrong with that

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
sephiroth follower said:
heres one from the people who ban episodes. they banned the legend of dragonair for gunshot yet alot of the time team rocket's shooting missiles (which is more deadly) there's something wrong with that
That's because guns are much more obtainable than missiles. Plus, they never actually hit anybody, they missed every damn time.

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
Zoy_Herotic said:
One thing that bothers me about the dubbed Anime is when TR dress up and manage to fool Ash and co! Like seriously, how could you not tell it was them?!
Same reason Lois Lane doesn't suspect that Superman is Clark Kent without glasses. It's easy for the viewers to tell, but not for the characters.

Those missiles you speak of usually are just nets. There haven't been any ACTUAL missiles. And as I've said before, they banned it because the warden FIRED his gun at the kids. He didn't threaten them first. He FIRED and pointed his gun at the group several times. Then you have the Rocket Gang, who tied up the warden and held guns to his head.

Adzieboy

Master Trainer
But team Rocket threw bombs at Ash and co, when they were eating. Just sat there merrily and suddenly HOLY POO ITS A BOMB! ...Wow, there goes my lunch.

Chris

Old Coot
Those were dubbed as "blaster balls" in the dub. And even then, they only blew up parts of the ground and completely missed the characters.

S

sephiroth follower

the missles did in explode quite a few episodes and I don't have time to find the episodes

Fatal

Banned
Also, as I mentioned in a different thread, when Victreebell is released out of Team Rocket's balloon, then shown swooping down on Ash and friends 20 feet away, but the next second, it is on top of James' head...

Chris

Old Coot
It's not a mistake. ¬¬; It's an anime thing. They can abuse the fact that the characters are cartoon characters and can do things you can't do in real life. The laws of physics do not apply to Pokémon.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Edward Elric said:
Those were dubbed as "blaster balls" in the dub. And even then, they only blew up parts of the ground and completely missed the characters.
Though the bombs used in the first Tooru episode were a lot more menacing as they were only barely missing Satoshi.

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
This probably wasn't a mistake, but we all know about May's... infamous Shroomish.

Weren't guns pointed at Ash in "Here Comes the Squirtle Squad", after he ran inside that general store?

Heracross

Custom User Title
Flygon Prince said:
Weren't guns pointed at Ash in "Here Comes the Squirtle Squad", after he ran inside that general store?
And by Junsa in episode 34 when Satoshi was caught poaching in what he mistook for the Safari Zone. The difference with these examples is that they were all rifles or shotguns and they were never fired, they were just there to look menacing. Since the warden had hand guns, people saw them as more of a threat regarding children. Especially since he fired them at the Rocket-dan, and they received no injuries.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
one thing i never got was how bulbasaur was so amazingly strong and muscular that its ultra thin vines could hold up a human being falling off a cliff at a high velocity

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

cl@mmysh@z@m! said:
Also, as I mentioned in a different thread, when Victreebell is released out of Team Rocket's balloon, then shown swooping down on Ash and friends 20 feet away, but the next second, it is on top of James' head...
well once when James released Cacnea and Cacnea is in midair and then just 'flies' up to James, so why can't Victreebell do the same?

Chris

Old Coot
Heracross said:
And by Junsa in episode 34 when Satoshi was caught poaching in what he mistook for the Safari Zone. The difference with these examples is that they were all rifles or shotguns and they were never fired, they were just there to look menacing. Since the warden had hand guns, people saw them as more of a threat regarding children. Especially since he fired them at the Rocket-dan, and they received no injuries.
Not to mention they couldn't go around those scenes since they developed the story further along. Had Junsa never gotten in the way and had Satoshi go with her, they could have easily cut the scene.

The whole Charizard burning Ash and everything being cool is what bothers me. You see, I burnt my hand with hot grease and I got third degree burns all over my right hand, and the tiny bit of hair on my knuckles totally charred off.
ONCE AGAIN. THIS IS A CARTOON. Obviously things will happen in it that cannot happen in real life. How about pointing a rifle in front of you while saying "No more buwwets." and firing it off at your head? Pretty damn sure you won't be lucky like Elmer Fudd. Comedic violence usually never causes an injury that lasts an entire episode.