• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Impractical Jokers Discussion thread

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Have you guys heard about the show Impractical Jokers?It is a comedy show on TruTV if you guys watch it what do you think of it?

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Oh my gosh, yes. I've seen that show.

I admit I didn't like it at first. But I watched a couple more episodes and ended up really liking it. The stuff they do is crazy and hilarious. And though some of the stuff can seem pretty mean, on the other hand it just shows how close friends they are...that they can mess with each other and not let that ruin their friendship. Take that as you will.

One of my favorite moments is this challenge where, in a supermarket, two of the friends have to put a balloon on a person without that person noticing them doing it and whoever gets noticed first loses. But in the middle of one of guys, I think it was Murr, trying to do that on their target, a random passerby noticed what they were doing...and joined in on it by managing to put a balloon on someone without them noticing. I just loved that.

In general, I like most of the challenges/pranks, as well as the punishments and running gags. Like...

Punishments:
  • Sal's VR punishment where he plays a VR game...but when he gets out of it, the set he's in looks exactly like the game, complete with two creepy sisters...and Benjamen Cat
  • Sal going through a Haunted House
  • The inside of Joe's home completely wrapped in present wrappers, including the furniture and fruits
  • Q "selling" his "stuff" that's not actually his in an aunction only to ask to not sell it...and then the tires of his actual jeep getting sold
  • Murr's eyebrows getting shaved off, as much as that is equally pitying
  • Sal's sister getting "married" to Murr
  • Sal having to jump off a helicopter into a lake
  • Sal being strapped to the ground and being surrounded by one of his worse fears...cats

Running Gag:
  • Joe shouting "LAAAAAARRYYYYY!"
  • Murr saying "I am not a furret!" whenever the rest call him one
  • Benjamen Cat, whenever they don't use a real cat to scare Sal
Though I haven't watched much recently and even then, I actually haven't seen a lot of their episodes, especially the older ones. But I do love the ones I've seen. So many moments that are just so funny.

Also Q pronouncing "shiitake mushrooms" as well... shit-take mushrooms because he legitamately didn't know.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I’m really glad I found someone else likes the show as much as me.Loking forward to the movie for sure

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Well I certainly didn't expect to see anyone in here who knows of it and likes it in here either.

Wait, there's a movie?! -Googles it- Wow. Congrats to them. Now that I know it exists, I'm interested to see it. And maybe see some episodes again. Except I have a ton of backlog in anime and games I wanna go through so it'll be a long while.

Oh, another thing I like is their intro, at least the ones I've seen, the episodes/series/seasons that have trivia on the side, and punishments that follow up on either previous challenges or previous punishments. For the former, the "punishment" that comes to mind in where the crew trick Sal into thinking he just ended the show through breaking the law in the form of "getting" the nose of a somewhat important statue after having a hearing about it...only to show, no, the show's not over and the "laywer" he talked to was just an actress in on it.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Not fond of prank shows, but if you like it, more power to you.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Well I certainly didn't expect to see anyone in here who knows of it and likes it in here either.

Wait, there's a movie?! -Googles it- Wow. Congrats to them. Now that I know it exists, I'm interested to see it. And maybe see some episodes again. Except I have a ton of backlog in anime and games I wanna go through so it'll be a long while.

Oh, another thing I like is their intro, at least the ones I've seen, the episodes/series/seasons that have trivia on the side, and punishments that follow up on either previous challenges or previous punishments. For the former, the "punishment" that comes to mind in where the crew trick Sal into thinking he just ended the show through breaking the law in the form of "getting" the nose of a somewhat important statue after having a hearing about it...only to show, no, the show's not over and the "laywer" he talked to was just an actress in on it.

Wonder if they will ever find Larry?