• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Improving the GTS

Waters spirit

Knight of Starmie
Right surely by now you will have noticed the GTS is a double edged sword yes? On one hand it's a brillo way to get pokemon you've seen but can't catch yet, or indeed at all. It's a disaster however for people being really dumb on it. For example people often offer things like Cascoons and expect lv. 100 pokemon or ledgendaries in return. Also some of the pokemon wanted in retrn are impossible to obtain legitimately E.G Lv. 20 Rapidash. Anyone else think thier should be some rules regarding the GTS in terms of what can be traded and in exchange for what? Example: The level of the pokemon offered should not be more than 10 levels higher or lower than the level of the pokemon requested. In addition only final stage evolution pokemon should be offered if a ledgendary is wanted in return, but not if a ledgendary is being offered. Any other ideas you guys have on this?

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
I agree, but I'm not sure how they'd change it. I hate searching for a simple pokemon like a Turtwig, and only getting crappy results. I am NOT going to give a Legendary or lv 10 and under Mew for your Turtwig. I get frustrated a lot on the GTS and I'm sure everyone will relate.

You made some pretty good rule suggestions actually, I'm bad with computers so I dunno how capable they are of reprogramming it.

Surging_Chaos

The Blissey Killer!
Best way to improve the GTS:

Reject ANY hacked pokemon.

It's just plain stupid seeing people offer up lvl 1 Arceus, Mewtwo, Darkrai, 999 stat Magikarp, you get the idea.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Allow us to see the Stats of the Pokemon, as well as their attacks :X

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
No Bidoofs. Also, a way to search by rareity.

Hitsugaya

Lone Wolf
Allow to see OT, ID no., Stats, location found, movepool. Yeah, that would be awesome.

larvitar005

I'm just myself...
I agree with you Waters spirit...

One more thing: Asking for a legendary pokemon should offer an equivalent pokemon in return to avoid offering useless pokemon for any legendaries...

Allow to see OT, ID no., Stats, location found, movepool. Yeah, that would be awesome.

Agreed.

Also, I wish you could search based on what other people are looking for. For example, let's say I have a Pokemon I want to trade but don't really want something specific, I just want to see what I could get for it. I wish I could enter that Pokemon and see who wants it.

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
All I ask is they ban asking for impossible to get Pokémon. Nintendo/Game Freak programmed the game, so it's not like they don't know what is impossible to get. If they don't update the GTS hopefully the next game the GTS is in will ban impossible Pokémon.

Ace T

I have to agree with all of you so far but doesnt serebii have a wifi chat trading thing were you can chat to people and have succsessful
trades without having people trade weak pokemon for ubers

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

don't allow people to request impossible pokemon

PiNgU

What the GTS needs is the following :

1-No hacked pokemon allowed and ban the player from using the GTS
2-As well regards to hacked pokemon things such as level10 empoleon shouldnt be able to work
3-You should be able to view the details of the pokemon like you do when you trade with another player

Westy

Lord of the magikarp
you keep mentioning people putting up crap pokemon and asking for high level ubers or impossible pokemon, but you fail to realise their probably cloning, they put an un-reasonable requests down because they dont want people to take what they're cloning.

as for removing hacked pokemon, nintendo should do that ! but at the same time they should make it easier to get the event pokemon and other starters so people dont have to hack for them

Last edited:

Shiun

The Nicknamer
Hmm...Maybe they should make it that certain pokemon can only trade for a certain list. Of course this makes the GTS pretty limited so that probably doesn't work. I like being able to see the ID and OT, Stats and movepool. Maybe they should make it no trading legendaries, that would stop about 1/10th of the GTS idiots (very bad calculation)

Glitch Mew

Gts seriousley needed rethinking over, 'Oh Nintendo banned darkrai aceus and shaymin' shame they didn't ban hacks.

Why is it that you need to have seen the Pokemon to search for it? If your searching for it wouldn't that be because you don't have one?
Also why can't Pokemon below there Obtainable level be banned, and Pokemon that were caught in the wrong area a no-no, and why can't you see the pokemons profile, if I has seen that my Jirachi was OT Ash Caught in a Master ball I would not have traded for it.

Even now there are pokemon on GTS that say they are a mew but there sprite is a Torterra? when I saw that I was just WTF???, why are they on the GTS.

Overall the GTS sucks unless your cloning on it.

Igloo

PinsirUsedGroundTime
Yup, the GTS is a waste of time, what with all the poor trades on it.
It'd take a lot of programming and should have been done early in DP development, but Pokémon should be assigned rarity ratings based on their species, shiny status, and evolutionary tier; using this system, after offering a Pokémon up, a list of Pokémon that have rarity rating equal to or less than the offered Pokémon should be used as the only requests.