• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In an attempt to stop rule breakers

Emo Saria

Be my Penguin <3
It would be nice to try to get people to read the rules, but i don't think it's gonna work to well, people joins without reading the rules and in return they get yelled at, and maby banned a couple days later, we can't force them to read the rules, only try to convince them.

All you, "it takes too long to read the rules" people are lol at best. Considering that the majority of the rules are based upon lack luster common sense, I fail to see how it is even relevant for that to be said, considering the fact that most of the rules are standard for all forums, unless otherwise stated, or based on aforementioned common sense.

If people lack the capacity to click a link and refresh their common sense directory in their pissing brains then there is seriously something wrong. >_>

Oh and that 'new rule' should've been mandatory anyway, and on top of that, it won't actually stop a whole lot, considering the people it effects don't read the sodding rules/announcements anyway. >_> It's a nice idea in theory, but in practice the target audience pisses all over it, laughs in its face and runs off screaming "I'm new."

-Josh

indigestible_wad

As I stated in the announcements thread relating to this, people should be held responsible for their actions, regardless of whether they are new or not. If the don't read the rules, tough, they should still be came down just as hard. People should have comon sense, regardless of whether they're new or not.

S

ShadowAlakazam

Well the people who break rules do so as there is nothing to "lose". I was just wondering if this site bans IP addresses. Otherwise those rule breakers just make another account to create trouble. They can use another computer, but frankly, at least it can be curbed to a point

Magma Leader Maxie

Non caedor caedo
ShadowAlakazam said:
Well the people who break rules do so as there is nothing to "lose". I was just wondering if this site bans IP addresses. Otherwise those rule breakers just make another account to create trouble. They can use another computer, but frankly, at least it can be curbed to a point

I suppose this site can do that. It should be under vBulletin options/User Banning Options/Banned IP addresses. That's probably why the worst spammers (until I joined I had no idea that people could be so stupid) can't post tons of their trash here, thank goodness.