• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In an unlikely event Netflix shuts down, Where would Pokemon go to?

if Netflix did shut down, where would Pokemon go to?

• Disney Channel (Or Disney Plus)

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Nickelodeon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cartoon Network

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RetroPokeFan

Probably to another streaming service. Disney + focuses mostly on their own productions (in the US anyway, we have The Walking Dead over here which is an AMC series and distributed by Entertainment One) Disney hasn't aired any anime on the main channel for years and to be honest I don't see XD lasting long either.

Certainly not Nickelodeon, in fact they can quite frankly stay away from ANY anime period after doing such an awful job with Yu-Gi-Oh.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Hopefully canceled and picked up by a better dubbing company like VIZ and streamed on their own website

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
No one mentioned HBOmax.

HBOmax, as the Warner Bros. streaming service, is where I want most of the TV expansions of the Pokemon Cinematic Universe to land.

WB and Legendary could also acquire the actual distribution rights to the anime, and distribute first-run episodes via HBOmax.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Crunchyroll!

Points to the laugh track in the background

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I would guess Hulu. They have several of the same tv shows as Netflix plus some that Netflix doesn’t or used to have. Case in point My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic which is missing its final season on Netflix but Hulu has all of them plus the movie and spin off Equestria Girls movies and specials.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It'd probably go whatever streaming service TPCi thinks has the most chance of profit.

HBO Max kind of has a chance since they kind of have a story with Warner but I wouldn't doubt they just give the show to whoever is the best bidder.

My only fear is the show going to Disney as I want Pokémon, nintendo's IPs and anime VERY far from the rat but it's possible. I just don't like the idea

nickdt

It'd probably go whatever streaming service TPCi thinks has the most chance of profit.

HBO Max kind of has a chance since they kind of have a story with Warner but I wouldn't doubt they just give the show to whoever is the best bidder.

My only fear is the show going to Disney as I want Pokémon, nintendo's IPs and anime VERY far from the rat but it's possible. I just don't like the idea

Disney can't afford Nintendo or Pokemon. They have to go bankrupt for that.

Fair enough.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Disney can't afford Nintendo or Pokemon. They have to go bankrupt for that.
I think they could.

But if I recall Japan has some sort of law that prevents a japanese company from being owned by an overseas one or something like that