• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In Game Moveset Guide (Renewed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
i'm trying to think of a moveset and nature for a Pre E4 Dragonite. I last used one with

Adamant nature

Wing attack
Surf
Brick Break
Cant remember last move

Can someone please help me with a moveset and Nature and also note my Earthquake has been used up for Nidoqueen.

K-os

Bullet Punch
@ The above.

Without Earthquake or Dragon Dance, Adamant might not be the best nature on a pre-E4 'nite. If you could get one with a Mild, Rash, Lonely, or Naughty Nature, you'd be better off.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Rash Nature
Trait: Inner Focus
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Punch / Brick Break
- Wing Attack / Surf / Substitute / Thunder Wave

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Thanks i'll go with the moveset

- Ice beam
- Thunderbolt
- Brick Break
- Wing attack for STAB

Now for soft resetting

mattman324

aka Shiny_Feraligatr
No, this is the best Dragonite. EQ or no EQ, this is best.

Return.
Wing Attack
Brick Break
Fire Blast/Ice Beam/Dragon Claw.

K-os

Bullet Punch
No, this is the best Dragonite. EQ or no EQ, this is best.

Return.
Wing Attack
Brick Break
Fire Blast/Ice Beam/Dragon Claw.
Sorry, but no. I can assume from your stubborn tone that you've never bothered to wander onto smogon, perhaps not even the Serebii potw. Return is a horrible move on Dragonite. Wing Attack achieves 90 Base Power with Stab, and hits 2 types for super effective damage. If you want to use Ice Beam on Dragonite, you have to invest plenty of EVs into Special Attack. Therefore, it is wise to run at least 2 special moves, and Thunderbolt goes great with Ice beam, hitting every pokemon except Lanturn and Magneton for neutral damage. Fire Blast will be completely useless with the in-game accuracy hax.

If you're even going to bother replying, please give my a solid reason as to why you would pick Return over Thunderbolt.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Could someone help me with an ingame sweeper set for Weezing?

I don't want to mess with Pain Split and Memenro and whatnot.

Quinn

Emeraldfan

Hey, I just checked some pokemon, and as far as I could see, this bat was not posted yet:

Crobat @ Choice Band
Jolly (-SpAtt, +Spd)
252 Att, 252 Spd, 6 HP

- Sludge Bomb
- Aerial Ace
- Shadow Ball
- Steel Wing

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
I need help with my aerodactyl. Here's his moveset now(I havnt beat the e4)

pressure
Jolly
rock slide
ancient power
fly/aerial ace?
Take down

I'm going to give him earthquake when I get it but I don't know what his last move will be.
I'm hoping for this:
rock slide
fly/aerial ace
earthquake
?

I'd give him double edge but he has pressure so I can't do that

Kodama木魂

∩( ・ω・)∩
Could someone help me with an ingame sweeper set for Weezing?

I don't want to mess with Pain Split and Memenro and whatnot.

Weezing @ Leftovers
Naughty (+Atk, -SpDef)
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Return
- Flamethrower/Thunderbolt

or...

Weezing @ Leftovers
Rash (+SpAtk, -SpDef)
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball

The first set is apparently more physical offensive oriented, while the other set is more special/physical offensive oriented. Leftovers is standard and probably the best item for Weezing (unless you wanna try a CB all-out physical offensive Weezing... and you'd want Adamant for that). The natures listed boost the specific prime offensive orientation of the set, while decreasing SpDef. The reason is, as a (mixed-)sweeper, Weezing's going to want more offense and speed, not caring as much about defense... Weezing's defense is undeniably great, though, so it's not generally recommended to lower it. Instead, decreasing SpDef, Weezing's lowest stat after HP, becomes the best option when applying a (mixed-)sweeper Weezing.

Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball/Return/Flamethrower hits everything 3rd gen. for at least neutral damage except Ttar, while with Thunderbolt instead of Flamethrower, you hit everything 3rd gen. for neutral except Steelix. Make sure you have max happiness on Weezing if you go with Return.

Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball hits everything for neutral 3rd gen., no exceptions that I can recall.

I need help with my aerodactyl. Here's his moveset now(I havnt beat the e4)

pressure
Jolly
rock slide
ancient power
fly/aerial ace?
Take down

I'm going to give him earthquake when I get it but I don't know what his last move will be.
I'm hoping for this:
rock slide
fly/aerial ace
earthquake
?

I'd give him double edge but he has pressure so I can't do that

Return maxed out (102 BP) is probably the best replacement for Aero. If its happiness is negative and you don't feel like boosting it, Strength (as bad as it sounds) is your best normal-type attacking bet with Pressure. You could also try and quick test your Aero's Hidden Power.

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Return maxed out (102 BP) is probably the best replacement for Aero. If its happiness is negative and you don't feel like boosting it, Strength (as bad as it sounds) is your best normal-type attacking bet with Pressure. You could also try and quick test your Aero's Hidden Power.
What about fly? im not sure who i should give aerial ace because i have 3 flying types(i know stupid) charizard, dragonite, and aero so only one can have that.

Kodama木魂

∩( ・ω・)∩
What about fly? im not sure who i should give aerial ace because i have 3 flying types(i know stupid) charizard, dragonite, and aero so only one can have that.

Oh yes, sorry I forgot to address that! Fly would actually be better than Aerial Ace on Aero since it works in correlation with his Pressure ability; not to mention you get more power with Fly, just lower accuracy.

I'd give Aerial Ace to Dragonite. It's coming off of (generally) higher Atk with Dragonite vs. Charizard. Another way you can decide between the two is:

- Who has the less accurate movepool?
- Which has the more physical oriented movepool?

But anywho, just take concepts like that into account and you should be golden.

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Oh yes, sorry I forgot to address that! Fly would actually be better than Aerial Ace on Aero since it works in correlation with his Pressure ability; not to mention you get more power with Fly, just lower accuracy.

I'd give Aerial Ace to Dragonite. It's coming off of (generally) higher Atk with Dragonite vs. Charizard. Another way you can decide between the two is:

- Who has the less accurate movepool?
- Which has the more physical oriented movepool?

But anywho, just take concepts like that into account and you should be golden.
Thanks that should really help me put the finishing touches on my team.

Kodama木魂

∩( ・ω・)∩
Exeggutor@Leftovers
Modest
252HP 4Def 252SpA
-Psychic
-Giga Drain
-Leech Seed
-Sleep Powder

Tell me if this will work.

For an in-game Poké that should be more than good enough. Sunny Day over Leech Seed and Solar Beam over Giga Drain is always an option if you want to go SunnyBeam(er) w/Chlorophyll boost, but I'd say your current set makes for an excellent sturdy, yet offensively powerful Exeggutor.

SCBoogie

i$e CreMe Man
Hey, I'm looking for a 6th pokemon for my Emerald team. RSE is the only series I never got heavy into, and usually I have a well thought out team, and I try to have at least 12 types of moves on my team (my SS team has all 17). But I've just made it to Elite Four, and I only have 5 pokes, one of which is Raquaza (whom i dont want to use)

If anyone knows good suggestions to round out my team, changes to the guys im using now, please let me know. Moves with *'s next to them are ones that I'm looking to replace (and equipment suggestions)

Sceptile - Leaf Blade, Dig, Toxic, Fury Cutter*
Sableye - Faint Attack, Shadow Ball, Fake Out*, Mean Look*
Azumarill - Bubblebeam, Surf, Rollout, Blizzard (May replace with Walrein or Milotic)
Spinda - Metronome, Dizzy Punch, DynamicPunch, Teeter Dance (I really like this)

and Rayquaza - Fly, Thunderbolt, Outrage (maybe Dragon Claw)

I feel so lame, I havent had trouble with a pokemon game since I was like ten (ten years ago)

KROsus

Hoenn & Kanto Champ
My choice for an adamant Metagross is:
ITEM: Metal Coat
ATTACKS: Meteor Mash to have a correct match-up physical attack
Psychic to have a correct match-up ranged attack
Light Screen to maximize the defensive stats
Hyper Beam for a final attack if I'm about to die

KROsus

Hoenn & Kanto Champ
Hey, I'm looking for a 6th pokemon for my Emerald team. RSE is the only series I never got heavy into, and usually I have a well thought out team, and I try to have at least 12 types of moves on my team (my SS team has all 17). But I've just made it to Elite Four, and I only have 5 pokes, one of which is Raquaza (whom i dont want to use)

If anyone knows good suggestions to round out my team, changes to the guys im using now, please let me know. Moves with *'s next to them are ones that I'm looking to replace (and equipment suggestions)

Sceptile - Leaf Blade, Dig, Toxic, Fury Cutter*
Sableye - Faint Attack, Shadow Ball, Fake Out*, Mean Look*
Azumarill - Bubblebeam, Surf, Rollout, Blizzard (May replace with Walrein or Milotic)
Spinda - Metronome, Dizzy Punch, DynamicPunch, Teeter Dance (I really like this)

and Rayquaza - Fly, Thunderbolt, Outrage (maybe Dragon Claw)

I feel so lame, I havent had trouble with a pokemon game since I was like ten (ten years ago)
Replace Azumarill with Milotic. Add Metagross with Meteor Mash, Psychic, Hyper Beam and Light screen. Also, replace Sableye with a Ninetales with Iron Tail, Flamethrower, Hyper Beam and Return/Fire Spin OR a Torkoal with Overheat/Fire Blast, Heat Wave/Flamethrower, Body Slam and Earthquake. Otherwise your team is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.