• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In Game Moveset Guide (Renewed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazzler

Thunder Wave/Earthquake/Iron Tail/Rock Slide Aggron.

Somebody

Banned
I was bored, so I went over the entire thing:
-Sandslash should have Aerial Ace as an option for the last slot, for killing Breloom/Heracross. I mean, it's not like Brick Break is really going to be doing anything.
-Mr. Mime should have some mention of Encore
-Girafarig should have Reflect/Light Screen/Thunder Wave/Aglity/Wish as other options
-Steelix should have Screech as an option
-Swalot should have Encore as an option

PatTar

yee.
you seem to have forgotten Mix Nidoqueen.

Nidoqueen @ Lefties
Brave/Quiet Nature (+Atk/Sp. Atk, -Spd)
Trait: Posion Point
- T-Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb/Superpower

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
Here's a suggestions for Metagross move-set form Metagross master/lover ;D :
Metagross@Leftovers[for staying longer] Or Lum berry [to heal status problems and with clear body, it's stats won't get lowered, so what will you do to annoy him XD]
Trait: Clear Body[there isn't any other options, and even if there was this is the best]
Nature: Adamant [+ATK, -SP.ATK]
Meteor Mash [a strong steel move that also gains a STAB bonus]
Earthquake[to cover fire, and many other types]
RockSlide [for Charizard/Ho-Oh/Skarmory [yea it has good def, but Metagross has goos attack, so one or two RS will KO skarm]
Aerial Ace[for earthquaking fighting types]

Last edited:

PatTar

yee.
Here's a suggestions for Metagross move-set form Metagross master/lover ;D :
Metagross@Leftovers[for staying longer] Or Lum berry [to heal status problems and with clear body, it's stats won't get lowered, so what will you do to annoy him XD]
Trait: Clear Body[there isn't any other options, and even if there was this is the best]
Nature: Adamant [+ATK, -SP.ATK]
Meteor Mash [a strong steel move that also gains a STAB bonus]
Earthquake[to cover fire, and many other types]
RockSlide [for Charizard/Ho-Oh/Skarmory [yea it has good def, but Metagross has goos attack, so one or two RS will KO skarm]
Aerial Ace[for earthquaking fighting types]

to tell you the truth, this isn't a very good set. if your gonna put all attacking moves on him, at least give him a choice band. AA isn't needed as STABed MM does more damage to fighters. RS isn't that good in-game because it's mainly for Zapdos.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
to tell you the truth, this isn't a very good set. if your gonna put all attacking moves on him, at least give him a choice band. AA isn't needed as STABed MM does more damage to fighters. RS isn't that good in-game because it's mainly for Zapdos.
Well it's good for me, and it didn't fail me, anyways there are other sets like the one above but insted of RS agility for it's speed problem, also there is this:
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Shadow Ball/Sludge Bomb/Explosion
Agility
this is the set I use if I want speed AND KOing ghosts/hiting foes with the powerful SB that might poisen/ and explosion is a rare option but I use if I feel that i'm running out a stroong oppenet like Houndoom with Flamethrower after a sunny day.
And it'd be holding the same either Lum berry OR Leftovers.

I am sure that the Gross' that Airlock listed are fine.
._.

Stalkchamp is needed, yeah.

Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 32 Def / 88 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Slide
- Rest
- Cross Chop
- Sleep Talk

Somebody

Banned
Some more things:
-Selfdestruct Mewtwo
-Counter Politoed
-Counter Quagsire
-Seldestruct Qwilfish
-Sludge Bomb>Crunch on physical Houndoom. Crunch+Shadow Ball is really redundant and Howl should be boosting something other than Shadow Ball.

Last edited:

Bitsy

Sneasel Fanboy
I advise this Sneasel moveset:
Sneasel Moveset
Item: Shell Bell/Leftovers
Nature: Adamant

Attacks:
Brick Break
Aerial Ace/Double Team
Swords Dance
Slash

EVS:
Max out EVS in attack and defense

Strategy using Sneasel:
Start with swords dance a couple of times. If your sneasel knows double team throw in a couple of those too. Then attack with slash or brick break. Use Aerial Ace if it is strong against the pokemon you're fighting. If not I advise the other ones. I do not advise using special attacks with sneasel.

Bitsy

Sneasel Fanboy
triple post due to lag, and my set so far has not lost

GameFreak hates Sneasel. =(

Breloom @ Leftovers
-Spore
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Focus Punch/Sky Uppercut

Generally a fun alternative. Sky Uppercut if your opponent keeps breaking your Subs.

Heracross @ Leftovers
-Megahorn
-Rock Slide
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Hariyama @ Leftovers
-Cross Chop
-Rock Slide
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Some nice Guts sleep Talkers.

Why isn't Swords Dance mentioned on the first Rhydon set?

Anyway, I think Boah deserves a mention since it can rip through (stallish) teams, even though you need a 31 HP IV and it's a bit overspecalized ingame.

Tazzler

Tbh, I'd rather use a different mix set with Rock Slide and three Special moves.

Gweedo

Skarmory Rider
I use this Cradily all the time and it's great for me. It's the big healer of the team in my Sapphire:

Cradily@Leftovers
Trait: Suction Cups
Impish Nature (+Def, -Spd)
-Ingrain
-Recover
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.