• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

in-game non competitive team advice

LthePanda

So after breeding a million snorlax, i noticed that sassy is a pretty good nature that can substitute careful nature (I have some good careful double IVs also).

Edit:

Ok nevermind so I am sticking with Careful and the IVs I got for it are:
HP - 31
Atk - 23
Def - 17
Sp.A - 3
Sp.D - 31
Spd - 21

I wish it had thick fat but I will stick with immunity.

Last edited:

LthePanda

I greatly apologize for constantly bumping my thread over other people's who probably need more help than I do (As a college student living on my own I do not do much besides school and games lol).

Anyway I am done with the snorlax so all that is left is the Roserade. For roserade I may just follow the smogon set for an offensive type roserade.

Roserade @ black sludge
Modest/Timid
Natural Cure
4 hp/ 252 Sp.A/ 252 Spe
-Energy Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-HP ground/ShadowBall
-Synthesis

So like I said, this is taken from the smogon page, but minor changes (or major) are welcome.

Last edited:

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Energy, Synthesis, Sludge Bomb and HP-Ground + Timid Nature and a Black Sludge is probably your best bet for a ingame set. Leaf Storm hinder her quite a lot. Its drawbacks is not so worth in-game, as you don't want to keep switching and you probably will be attacking with your Grass-STAB more, anyway. Energy ball is used instead. And why EB instead of Giga Drain? There's a whole loop on the set. Synthesis + Black Sludge already recover A LOT of HP. You should be aiming to cause much damage as possible with her. Giga Drain does have a nice BP but EB is superior in that sense of it (power), as she lacks any way to boost her SpAtk and so cause more damage. And again, Black Sludge + Synthesis + Giga Drain is overhelming and Giga Drain secondary effect won't be used as much as you think. Sludge Bomb have the worse coverage but it is a nice STAB. HP-Ground will cover opposite Fire/Steel types that'll wall her. 'Zong is not common in-game, so no need for HP-Fire.

And yes, your 'Lax is perfect the way it is!

LthePanda

Ok perfect! I really like this so I will start breeding for a good roselia now. My only worry is what if she doesn't get HP ground?

LthePanda

So just as I feared, my triple max IV timid roselia ended up with HP dark instead of ground :/
does everstone hinder IV breeding?
Now I got another good roselia but this time it has HP psychic

Last edited:

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I don't think so. I really don't know if Everstone gets in the way of IV.
Anyway, try a more few times. Either HP-Fire, Ground and Fight will have its uses, only thing is that Ground is a bit superior. But try Fire, Ground or Fight, whichever you get will have their uses. If you still can't get them, then, slap a Shadow Ball for some lol neutral coverage. That's the only viable attack for her outside of those already mentioned.

Last edited:

LthePanda

After 200+ eggs I decided to just go with getting shadow ball just like you suggested. I literally checked every timid one I had (even the bad IV ones) and not a single one had ground, fire, or fight lol.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
lol don't worry. It's in-game. You already did quite a lot by breeding for Nature. And again, Shadow Ball is fine, as it hits other types for neutral damage. It's like a Dragon-type attack on her.

LthePanda

Lol guess I'm just a perfectionist sometimes :p I think I will make a new Bold milotic because this timid one is not cutting it, shiny or not lol