• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In game Pokemon X team

Tsutaja1996

Okay so since I just got paid, I decided to buy Pokemon X since I finished Y and just do Wi-Fi battles on it. I needed some advice on an ingame team! ^^

Chesnaught - Brave - Overgrow - Rocky Helmet

Hammer Arm (STAB attack)
Spiky Shield (I like the concept of the attack, and it's his signature move :p )
Stone Edge (to deal with those annoying flying and fire types)
Earthquake (a strong attack, coverage)

Clawitzer - Mild - Mega Launcher

Water Pulse
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere

(A lot of coverage, and might as well make use of the ability!)

Gallade - Adamant - Inner Focus

Psycho Cut (STAB)
Leaf Blade (Water, Rock and Ground coverage)
Close Combat (Powerful STAB)
X-scissor (coverage for psychic and dark)

That is all I have planned so far. Any suggestions for team members? Specifically a pokemon that can fly!

Thank you! ^^

chap196

For Clawitzer
The moveset are good, although I will recommend Assult Vest for its Item, it would be a lot better if you use Modest instead of Mild, the waste of Defense can really effect Clawitzer making it unable to survive Diggersby's Earthquake. Ice Beam might be optional over Dragon Pulse since it can deal 4x damage to Dragon Type Pokemon.

You could also try a Mega Evolution.

Hope this help

Last edited:

Tsutaja1996

For Clawitzer
The moveset are good, although I will recommend Assult Vest for its Item, it would be a lot better if you use Modest instead of Mild, the waste of Defense ca really effect Clawitzer making it unable to survive Diggersby's Earthquake. Ice Beam might be optional over Dragon Pulse since it can deal 4x damage to Dragon Type Pokemon.

You could also try a Mega Evolution.

Hope this help

Hm good idea, I'll use your advice! ^^ as for the mega, I'm thinking Mega Charizard X, as it can also fly :p

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Your Gallade has X scissor to hit Dark and Psychic but there are better options (although don't forget it does hit grass types). Close Combat already hits Dark for SE damage. You could put in Night Slash for Psychics and it hits Ghost for SE damage also. You could also have Earthquake, Stone Edge (or Rock Slide) or even something like Will O Wisp to help with Gallade's low Defense. Your choice really :) Personally I like Night Slash as it has a higher critical hit rate too.

Night Slash hits - Psychic, Ghost (also has higher crits)

Earthquake hits - Fire, Electric, Poison, Rock, Steel

Stone Edge hits - Fire, Ice, Flying, Bug (Inaccurate - Rock Slide hits the same for less damage)

Earthquake looks good hitting 5 types but your other moves already hit 3 of those. I've bolded the types that each move gives you added coverage against. Obviously Will O Wisp can hit nearly anything that isn't Fire.

Expert Belt could be a good item - no drawback and extra power

Last edited:

DarkBishop1811

All I can do is tell you the way I'd run them and hope it helps.

First with Chesnaught I'd avoid using spiky shield unless you're going with a defensive set which while possible is ill advised do to the lack of a recovery move, but if you choose to go that way

Nature: Impish
Item: Leftovers
Moves: Spiky Shield
Protect/Substitute
Pain Split for recovery
Toxic

If you want to run offensive
Nature: Adamant
Item: Life orb if not running wood hammer/ Leftovers if using wood hammer
Moves: Wood Hammer/ Seed Bomb both have 15 pp and 100 percent accuracy just recoil from wood hammer, but leftovers help that
Brick Break, yes he has hammer arm but it costs him what little speed he has Hammer Arm can be used if you are ok losing the speed
Shadow Claw covers your weakness to psychic types
Rock Slide/ Stone Edge, you get better accuracy from rock slide as well as more uses, but stone edge has a higher base damage and higher critical hit chance, but also less uses and less accuracy.

Clawtizer looks good other than the previously mentioned modest over mild nature

Gallade
Nature: Jolly/Adamant (Speed or Attack more of a personal choice)
Item: Muscle Band
Moves: Close Combat
Leaf Blade
Psycho Cut
Night Slash

As for others Florges is a great pokemon, I also like Helioisk and Tyrantrum