• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In-Game Rituals

Status
Not open for further replies.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
This thread is specifically for those of us who have certain in game quirks that we always do, example I try to never train two of the same type, and I also tend to only use native region teams and only bring in old pokemon after the Elite 4

what are some of your quirks?

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
I always train at least one native pokemon to level 100 before I transfer even ONE older pokemon over from another game.

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
In any pokemon game, my main team must be at the same level or higher than the gym leaders highest level pokemon. I also train my starter to at least level 8 before even walking into the next city.
~RaichuArcanine~​

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I always like to keep my starter relatively high and I always train so I'm 5 or 6 levels above Gym Leaders' strongest Pokemon.

DrasticPhase

Half ded
Before i go to the next city, my starter has to be level 10
and my starter has to be the strongest in my.team

toge5556

Like a cosmic condom
i try to not stick to rituals. my biggest ritual would be i use the same team (the first 6 pokemon i get) up till the elite 4

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
My team must be equal in level, except for my starter (which I used to always use up until Gen 5 btw) which has to be 2 levels higher. That's about it really.

Aquarelle

Staff member
~I ALWAYS have to have a Water type on my team. It's mostly for Surf, but Water's also my favourite type.

~My party is always organized according to my Pokemon's levels, going from lowest to highest (unless I'm training a certain Pokemon). If I have any HM slaves with me, they always have to be in the last spot(s).

~Before I turn the game off, I have to save it at *least* twice. You know, to make sure it really did save.

Victory

Banned
I must have 3 special attacking pokemon and 3 physical attacking pokemon, or it will be 2 of each then 2 mixed sweepers
Oh and I never like using starters...

McIntyre

Novice Breeder
~Before I turn the game off, I have to save it at *least* twice. You know, to make sure it really did save.

This makes me so happy to know I'm not the only one.

As for my quirks, my entire team that I catch must be level 10 before I even think of entering the first gym city.

My starter must be at least level 20 before I go against gym 2.

When I face a new gym, I always take out Pokemon who are weak against it and then train new party members to the levels of my other Pokemon. Or if the new party members happen to be higher, I train the rest of my team to match it.

When I save, it must be two steps in front of the Pokemon center door or inside in the middle of the Pokeball.

I always use the native bird to at least gym three.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
I always beat the game on my own merits before transferring any pokemon forward(way more fun that way, especially playing black where i entered the game knowing absolutely nothing about what happened next. even getting given a panpour was a surprise to me.)

Also before 5th gen, i used to train my starter near exclusively. This time round i had 3 pokemon all on the same levels(i just rotated the lucky egg, never used exp share.)

Oh, and before the important stuff i save twice too. i'm paranoid in that way.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
I always try to beat leaders and E4 with the same amount of Pokemon they use.

Meowth City

Staff member
I have a lot of quirks. For example, I always keep my team members at roughly the same level - never two or more. Same as the OP, I also try to never train two of the same type, even dual typings, and I tend to use only teams that are native to the region I'm in (The only exception was SS).

Memo

I make it my goal to only capture a six-pokémon team for use. Of course I might keep capturing more Pokémon, but I don't use them outside of HM-duties. I also usually won't trade from other games to build a team, but I most likely will for my future reruns of HGSS, DP and White. I try not to use legendaries. I might have at some point in my life, but that's in the past. Regular Pokés are the way to go.

I always keep my Pokémon the same level. When someone gains a level I dump it at the bottom of the list, so that when all the others have gained a level as well it's its turn again. Sometimes the Pokémon might gain odd levels from more difficult battles, so that mixes up the order a bit.

I don't level up my Pokés intentionally. I just go forth at a normal pace, I won't stop to grind at any spot. The only thing that has ever become a problem through this practise are the numerous Elite 4's, but I like the challenge. Beating the champion with seriously underleveled Pokémon is just cool.

I might use the starters on my first few playthrougs, but eventually I will be wanting a breath of fresh air and will build my team without them. For example, I just recently began playing Ruby again, picked Torchic as my starter, caught Seedot and Raltz before Petalburg, ditched Torchic once the two were able to survive on their own (Raltz learning Confusion).

I always try to have a team with equal amounts of genders as well. Three males and three females, or some genderless ones. I wouldn't take a team with three males, one females and two genderless Pokémon, as it would have to be with two males and two females. Stupid? Yes.

Also, this might be a bit off-topic, but I never EV-train. Never have, never will. Saying that a Pokémon with an undesirable nature makes it weak is bullcrap. The only thing I worry about is it's ability, so that I get the one that I want. Nature doesn't matter one bit, as the game is easily beatable even with "weak" Pokémon.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
There are a couple of things I do.

For the most part, I keep my starter. I also like to use a different Pokeball on each Pokemon I catch (TRY). I try to keep to using only Pokemon that can be found in-game (there are exceptions, but I try to avoid them). I organize my Pokemon on the menu in the order they were caught. I also try to keep the date and time when I win badges somewhat believable (hence, I try take a month and a half to beat the game. doesn't always work though). I also try to use Pokemon that I haven't used every new game I start (this will change with Grey. I will use my White version team and restart it with an Oshawott). I try to stock up on Super Repels, Escape Ropes, and all the Potions/healers. I also keep my bag VERY organized. I've started EV training my in-game party (I know, overkill, but I don't differentiate my in-game team with my competitive team).

And the list goes on.

11DBHK

Banned
forgot about this. i do this too. old habit i picked up from playing my yellow version. i would always play until the batteries ran dry until switching batteries. i would often be playing with almost no battery left.
as a result i feel like i have ot save every couple minutes.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I always beat the Elite 4 again with the very same team I used to defeat them in the previous version.

For example; Seeing as I used Feraligatr, Scizor, Blaziken, and Crobat, then that's who i'd use to get through the E4 again. Of course, after my REAL in-game team does so. -w

Just 2 let them know I didn't forget about them, and they still got what it takes to mow down errything in any Pokemon game!

Status
Not open for further replies.