1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

In-Game Ruby Team Help

Discussion in '3rd Gen RMT' started by RJA00000, Jun 5, 2013.

1. RJA00000

RJA00000 New Member

Okay, so I've been wanting to play through Ruby again as I wait for the release of X&Y, and decided to go all out on this in-game team. I don't have access to trading or events, and don't want to use legendaries, but I'm willing to take the time to get natures, decent IVs, Hidden Powers, egg moves, and train for EVs. Might be a little overkill with this only really in use against the AI, Battle Tower, and casually against friends, but hey.

I'm still just planning this team, so feel free to suggest anything. This is on Ruby though, so I can't do move tutor stuff.

Gardevoir ♀ @ ???
    Ability: Trace
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 88 SpA / 84 SpD
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt
    - Will-o-wisp

She seems pretty cool. Modest should be obvious. The EVs... I really don't know. I wanted to spread things out across defenses, but it doesn't have much of a reason. Typical CM / Psychic / TBolt. I'd probably prefer WoW over Toxic or much else, but I'm open to suggestions.

Aggron ♂ @ ???
    Ability: Rock Head
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Double-Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Iron Tail
    - Iron Defense

Not sure how far Jolly and max speed would be going, I just want to outrun pretty most of the AI trainers, being overleveled a bit. Not sure how much I'll like IT with its accuracy, but I don't know what else there is. It might be his best STAB, since I can't get RS. ID is filler.

Sceptile ♂ @ ???
    Ability: Overgrow
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    - Leech Seed
    - Leaf Blade
    - Dragon Claw
    - Hidden Power [Electric]

I can't get Substitute, and as far as I know you can't get Leech Seed and Crunch, so this may have to do. HP Elec in place of Thunderpunch, but I'm not sure. I thought about Blaziken instead, but I wanted more Water coverage than just Gard's TBolt.

Milotic ♀ @ ???
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Hypnosis

Pretty self-explanatory. Surf n' Ice Beam, Recover for health, and a sleep inducing move. Modest over bold for power.

Salamence ♂ @ ???
    Ability: Intimidate
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Blast
    - Crunch
    - Aerial Ace

I can't breed EQ onto him(and still no Rock Slide), so I went Special. My only Fire and Dark moves on the team, and Aerial Ace for accuracy and extra STAB.

Slaking ♂ @ ???
    Ability: Truant
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Hyper Beam
    - Earthquake
    - Shadow Ball
    - Slack Off

Big boy Slaking. I thought about Return, but since in-game you get the option to switch after a KO, I'm not too worried. The PP might make me rethink things, but EQ can handle the rest. Shadow Ball for coverage, and Slack Off for filler and healing, since I hate using up items. Focus Punch would be too hard to pull off in-game.

So yeah, I'd like to know what I could do to improve these guys. This is my first attempt at this kinda stuff, but I don't have any attatchment to any of these members. If you've got someone you think I should replace, just speak up.

Go crazeh.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I've got no clue on the items. Lefties on someone, but I can't clone, so I'll have to resort to some crappy hax items, I guess.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  2. InfernapeFan

InfernapeFan Pokemon Master

For Gardevoir I would disagree with your EVs; I would go 252/252 spa and spe because you need the extra speed.
    For Aggron I would teach it body slam over Iron defence, it's defence doesn't need boosting. Also in the long run, put EVs into its spD as it is quite low. Keep the 252 atk and put 132 in spD and the rest in def.
    For Sceptile I would put crunch above leech seed as it doesn't have the bulk to fully utilise leech seed.
    For Milotic I would go with bold and EVs into HP as it isn't meant for sweeping.
    For Salamance hydro pump and crunch for coverage.
    Get return on Slaking.
    Think that's it.

3. kankoon11

kankoon11 Member

What about skill swap for slaking

4. Wolfram74

Wolfram74 Shiny Feebas

Aggron: Aerial Ace over Iron Defense. IMO Armaldo probably is a better choice, less defense but bulkier and higher attack.

Milotic: Toxic over Hypnosis. 252 HP EV, 128 SpAtt and 128 Def. I use mine with Modest too, but Toxic + Recover stall is the best combo when you're fighting something you can't easily heal off.

Gardevoir: 252 Sp.Att 252 Spd 4 HP.

That Salamence is a good idea, better than Houndoom for Fire/Dark since Intimidate + Dragon typing. I would suggest Hydro Pump over Aerial Ace since you already covered Grass/Bug with Fire Blast, but accuracy from it is good too.