• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In game team for Black 2 (give me some tips please)

VVeiland

Hey guys, first time user of serebii :)
just going to post my team and see what help and response i get back from it, just beat the elite four, and was pretty cruisy but i havent really looked into whats the best movesets for my pokes.

Hydreigon- 68
Nature-Impish
Moves-
Crunch
Dragon Pulse
Dragon Rush
Hyper Voice

Mienshoo- 67
Nature-Bold
Moves-
Hi Jump Kick
Reversal
Jump Kick
Drain Punch

Blastiose- 69
Nature- Brave
Moves-
Waterfall
Scald
Surf
Hydro Pump

Beartic- 67
Nature- Bashful
Moves-
Hail
Ice Beam
Sheer Cold
Blizzard

Archeops-66
Nature- Quiet
Moves-
Ancient Power
Dragon Claw
Rock Slide
Fly

Mew-64
Nature-Sassy
Moves-
Psychic
Mega Punch
Aua Sphere
Ice Beam

Alright so i know my team moves need a lot of work, so please help we all your knowledge :)
and any tips you can give me, Thanks alot

Last edited:

DGatrz Master

Trainer of Legends.
For Hydreigon, I'm not sure what it's better with, so I'd do a mixed set with Outrage, Crunch, Surf, and Flamethrower. For Mienshao, I'd have Poison Jab, Aerial Ace/Rock Slide, U-Turn, High Jump Kick/Brick Break. Blastoise would probably do best with Waterfall, Earthquake, Signal Beam, Flash Cannon. As for Beartic, I've never trained one, so this set may not be the best, but how 'bout Icicle Crash, Shadow Claw, Superpower/Brick Break, Dive? Archeops is fine, just take Shadow Claw>Ancientpower. Lastly, Mew can learn basically every move, so you could use it to cover everything else your team doesn't. I'd do Psychic, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse/Aura Sphere, Ice Beam/Flamethrower.

KillerDraco

Most natures you have aren't really great for the Pokemon, but considering you'd have to breed new ones to change that, I'll just list the best case scenarios. Also, rather than adding on, these are directly in opposition to most things DGatrz has said.

Hydreigon @Expert Belt
Rash Nature
-Dragon Pulse
-Superpower
-Flamethrower
-Dark Pulse

This pretty much ensures Hydreigon can hit anything and everything in the game for at least neutral damage. Hydreigon definitely doesn't want an Impish nature, as it lowers its beastly special attack. As such it's primarily geared towards being a special attacker, but with its usable attack, a surprise Superpower can deal with a lot of things that would normally counter it. Plus, the attack drop from Superpower is largely inconsequential since you can continue to spam Special Attacks after it. Expert Belt is a decent option for an item (in-game) since it complements Hydreigon's great coverage with no drawbacks.

Mienshao @Life Orb
Adamant/Jolly Nature
Regenerator
-Hi Jump Kick
-U-Turn
-Rock Slide
-Fake Out

Poison Jab is a terrible choice for any non-poison type (and even then it's still not great on poison types themselves even with STAB) due to poor coverage. Fake Out may seem unconventional for in-game, but it has the niche of breaking through Sturdy, which proves to be a fairly common annoyance in Gen 5. The rest are just there for obvious coverage, and U-Turn works well with Regenerator. Life Orb may not be popular in-game due to the recoil, but Mienshao abuses it quite well due to regenerator; when it switches out it easily recovers the lost HP.

Blastoise @Leftovers
Modest Nature
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Toxic
-Protect

Blastoise isn't the best offensive Pokemon, with only average offenses, but stellar defenses. It doesn't make good use of a mixed set due to said offenses. Scald/Ice Beam offer great coverage with one another; Ice Beam hits the Grass and Dragon types that resist water pretty hard, and Scald's chance for a burn makes it great on more defensive Pokemon like Blastoise. Toxic and Protect make use of Blastoise's combination of bulk and leftovers, allowing it to stall out stronger opponents that you might not be able to KO outright. Waterfall/Ice Punch instead of Scald/Ice Beam can be an alternative since your Blastoise has a +Attack nature.

Beartic @Muscle Band
Adamant Nature
-Icicle Crash
-Stone Edge
-Superpower
-Hone Claws

The Ice/Rock/Fighting coverage is pretty obvious, but Hone Claws is there not only for an attack boost, but due to the fact that it helps patch up the imperfect accuracy of both Icicle Crash and Stone Edge. Muscle Band is an obvious item that boosts all your physical moves with no drawbacks; it's great in-game.

Archeops @Flying Gem
Naive Nature
-Acrobatics
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide
-U-Turn
-Earth Power

Flying Gem Acrobatics can and will 1HKO anything that doesn't resist it; even if you can't continuously replace the flying gem, you still have a 110 power STAB to spam. Stone Edge vs. Rock Slide is all about whether you prefer power or accuracy. Earth Power is there because it completely destroys things that would otherwise wall Archeops to hell and back; namely, Rock and Steel types. Given most are physically defensive, and Archeops has a very usable special attack, it can make great use of Earth Power.

Mew @Wise Glasses
Modest Nature
-Nasty Plot
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Aura Sphere

Mew is one of the few Pokemon to learn Nasty Plot, and it makes fantastic use of it. It has the bulk to ensure it'll be able to use said Nasty Plot, and the Psychic/Ghost/Fighting trio of moves ensures pretty flawless coverage. Boost, and proceed to use the appropriate move on whatever comes in on you. Wise Glasses are the special equivalent of Muscle Band, and again, an obvious no-drawback choice for in-game.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Adding onto the previous rates, personally I think Superpower works against Hone Claws since it undoes the Attack boost that Hone Claws provides. I'd probably just run Brick Break; it's still a powerful move (especially after a Hone Claws boost or two) and gets good coverage, and although it's less powerful than Superpower, at least it doesn't undo the Attack boosts from Hone Claws.

I'd also keep Crunch > Dark Pulse if you're going to go with KillerDraco's Hydreigon set since Pokemon that are weak to Dark-type moves have a lower Defence than SpD, on average. It shouldn't be too much of a problem running both Crunch and Superpower on the one set (although Superpower lowers your Attack) since you likely won't be using Superpower much anyway. Focus Blast is an option > Superpower on KillerDraco's set; it ultimately depends on whether you're more interested in hitting Rock-, Steel- and Dark-types (who statistically have a lower SpD, so Focus Blast would be the better choice) or Ice- and Normal-types (who on average have a lower Defence, so Superpower would be better for them).

VVeiland

Thanks so much on all this feedback and support i really appreciate it :)
Is there any where on this site that i can find the best natures for each pokemon and such?
Because im going to be starting white 2 fresh and want to see how i can go with everything right, because with this black 2 set i kinda just rushed at it and didn't take much thought, but now that you guys have told me and i can post up a team that i may do for white 2 that you guys could help me with.

And again thanks for helping me and taking some time into this, i really appreciate it

DGatrz Master

Trainer of Legends.
I don't know much about natures, but I could give you some help in choosing the pokemon for your team if you want.

KillerDraco

Is there any where on this site that i can find the best natures for each pokemon and such?

It's more of a best judgment sort of thing based on what you want to get out of the Pokemon. There's no set "best nature" for each Pokemon, but rather, the best nature for the set they're running. For instance, a Bold Blastoise makes a better physical wall, while a Calm one tanks special hits better. Conversely, you can use a Modest nature to make him a better special attacker (which works in-game)... the common theme is that all of these lower his attack stat.

In general, you want a nature that raises a stat a Pokemon uses the most, while lowering one they don't use. An obvious example is Adamant/Jolly on a fully physical Mienshao (there are some mixed variants of Mienshao, though, which you wouldn't want either of these natures on). If it's only using physical attacks, then you go for a nature that's increasing its attack or its speed, at the cost of lowering its special attack. On the opposite side of the spectrum, special attackers who don't use their attack go for Modest/Timid.

For a Pokemon that goes mixed (aka, using both special attacks and physical attacks), you typically lower one of its defenses, since most mixed attackers tend to be frail already, so they won't miss that little bit of defense/special defense. So you'd go for a +Speed nature that lowers Defense or Special Defense, such as Hasty or Naive. Boosting one of the two attacking stats can also be viable, making Mild, Rash, Lonely, and Naughty situationally useful.

The same goes for defensive Pokemon; if you want to boost one of their defensive stats, then pick an attacking stat they typically don't use. As mentioned earlier, Bold and Calm work for specially oriented Pokemon, while Careful and Impish are better for physically inclined defensive Pokemon.

It all depends on the Pokemon and the set they're using.

VVeiland

Ah alright, that helps a lot because i havent looked into natures much, i found a useful thread last night about it but this helps!

So for my white 2 team im thinking of these pokes, could you possible suggest what natures i should go for? and move set? i can breed them if i have to.

Gengar (should i go with hypnosis, dream eater, physic or shadow ball and ??)

Machamp or Conkeldurr or possibly even a poliwrath??

Bravairy or Mandibuzz?

Haxorus

Arcanine?

and then Eelectross?

but i would really like a tyranitar in the team because he is bad ***, i am just not sure if its necessary to have Arcanine or even Eelectross in the team?
and what natures should i go for move sets, oh and please suggest other pokemon if you think.

Last edited:

DGatrz Master

Trainer of Legends.
Ah, Gengar, your going to get different opinions for that little guy! He has a pretty big movepool, so you could do a lot of different things with him. Let me name a few... There are of course more, but you get the idea.

Shadow Ball (STAB)
Sludge Bomb/Psychic (STAB/coverage)
Thunderbolt/Energy Ball (coverage, one for flying types, one for water/ground, whichever you prefer)
Dark Pulse/Focus Blast (coverage, kinda power vs. accuracy here)

I'd either go with Machamp or Poliwrath for the fighting types, they're both good.

Machamp
Ability:No Guard
Dynamicpunch (abuses No Guard/STAB)
Stone Edge (abuses No Guard/flying coverage)
Poison Jab? (not sure)
Payback/Earthquake? (not sure)

Poliwrath
Waterfall(STAB)
Brick Break (STAB)
Earthquake/Ice Punch (coverage)
Poison Jab/Psychic (cause they're cool XD)

I'd go with Braviary over Mandibuzz, Braviary just seems to have a better movepool.

Braviary
Superpower (coverage)
Fly (assuming you have it for that purpose)
Shadow Claw (for psychic/ghost types with Thunderbolt)
U-Turn/Rock Slide (if you need a switchout/coverage)

Haxorus could have a few different movesets, but I'm just gonna do ones most people do while giving it my own "flair"

Dragon Claw/Outrage (STAB)
Earthquake (coverage)
Rock Slide (coverage)
Aqua Tail (if you don't use Poliwrath)

Your going to have to be careful with Arcanine, it can learn it's best moves by breeding and/or pre-evolution.

Flare Blitz (pre-evolution move)
Crunch (pre-evolution)
Aerial Ace/Outrage (coverage)
Dig/Extremespeed/Wild Charge (coverage)

If you don't want to deal with pre-evolution moves, I'd replace it with Tyranitar. (either Arcanine or Eelektross, though I think Eelektross's ability is more handy.)

Tyranitar
Earthquake (coverage)
Rock Slide/Stone Edge (STAB, power vs. accuracy)
Crunch (STAB)
Aerial Ace (for fighting types)

If you keep Eelektross, I'd do:

Crunch (coverage)
Wild Charge (STAB)
Brick Break/Flamethrower (coverage)
Dragon Claw (coverage)

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Next time, for another team give it a different thread.

Gengar
Modest/Timid Nature
~Shadow Ball
~Thunderbolt/Giga Drain
~Focus Blast
~Sludge Bomb

Dark & Ghost shares similar coverage, so DGatrz was wrong about the coverage thing for Dark Pulse.

Also, Poison is a bad offensive type, Fight-Types generally do not need Poison and Ground move because Rock (Rock Slide/Stone Edge) + Fight already takes care of most of the things.