• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In-Game Team Rate

BCVM22

In-game team, no intentional EV training, everyone's at Lv. 100. I'm just curious as to what the minds here think.

Samurott @ Soft Sand
Torrent
Bold

Surf
Megahorn
Blizzard
Dig

Megahorn over X-Scissor for the power boost; to my thinking, if Megahorn misses and has to be used again, it's no different from having to use X-Scissor twice, and if does hit, it's that much more powerful. X-Scissor can be switched in at a future time via TM if I get tired of missing. Likewise with Blizzard over Ice Beam. Dig isn't Earthquake, but it is still an 80 base power Ground attack augmented by Soft Sand.

Charizard @ Dragon Fang
Blaze
Quiet

Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
Focus Blast
Fly

Focus Blast gets good coverage and aligns with its good Special Attack stat. Fly is there for overworld purposes, though it is the highest base power Flying attack it can learn.

Tyranitar @ Black Belt
Sand Stream
Sassy

Crunch
Brick Break
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Fairly standard, I imagine.

Galvantula @ Miracle Seed
Compoundeyes
Timid

Thunder
Bug Buzz
Energy Ball
Hyper Beam

I am aware that Hyper Beam is, objectively, a poor choice as compared to Sucker Punch or other more useful moves like Toxic, but Galvantula doesn't have a lot of Attack to work with, Psychic-types are already covered by Bug Buzz and the bugger's already fast as hell thanks to being Timid. Hyper Beam is novelty value, pure and simple, and beyond that, does align with Galvantula's decent Special Attack and gets neutral coverage nearly across the board. It's a last resort/"use if bored" attack, nothing more.

Throh @ Stone Plate
Inner Focus
Mild

Body Slam
Brick Break
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Again, pretty standard, I imagine. Brick Break over Superpower because Throh does not need to be losing stats with every attack, Body Slam for neutral coverage and for the Paralysis chance, Stone Edge and Earthquake for wide coverage and to draw on a good Attack stat.

Hydreigon @ Flame Plate
Levitate
Jolly

Dragon Rush
Flamethrower
Crunch
Earthquake

Again, no surprises here. Flamethrower's good for coverage and gets boosted a bit by the Flame Plate, and has a pretty decent Special Attack stat to work from.

Thoughts?

Aurath8

Give Thunder Wave/Volt Switch to Galvantula over Hyper Beam. Thunder, thanks to STAB, is stronger than Hyper Beam against everything except things that resist it. Bug Buzz and Energy Ball handle to of the resistances anyway leaving only Dragon to be of any use.

Samurott
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Megahorn
-Return

Blizzard's miniscule accuracy isn't worth the extra power. Use Ice Beam.
1 Megahorn does less than two X-scissors. Factoring in the misses over 10 turns, Megahorn does have more power than X-scissor.
Dig over the two turns it takes to use it, will do less damage than a resisted Surf even with Soft Sand. None of thetypes that ground is supereffective against resist water either.

Dragon Pulse over Dragon Rush on Hydreigon. Dragon Rush has poor accuracy and Hydreigon's spatk supercedes its attack.

Brick Break on Tyranitar doesn't score many supereffective's because of Stone Edge(should be Rock Slide for accuracy and PP) and Earthquake. Use Rock Polish to rescue its awful speed and make it a frightening sweeper.

As for the items its almost always better to use items such as Muscle Band, Wise Glasses, Expert Belt or Life Orb than to simply use an item that boosts one type, even if it is un-STABed.

BCVM22

Dragon Pulse over Dragon Rush on Hydreigon. Dragon Rush has poor accuracy and Hydreigon's spatk supercedes its attack.

Jolly is +Speed, -Special Attack. My Hydreigon has an Attack stat about 30 points higher than its Special Attack.

I had Dragon Pulse on it until just yesterday when it hit Lv. 100 on the simple basis that for a strictly in-game Pokémon at that level, an attack missing probably isn't the make-or-break point in a battle.

The other suggestions are noted. Thanks.

Aurath8

In that case:
Hydreigon@Muscle Band
Jolly
-Outrage
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

Outrage for more power, and you can switch if they pull in a Steel type. Rock Slide hits Ice types and has more reliable accuracy and PP trhan Stone Edge.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I don't know if you're willing to get the ones with a new Nature or not, but just in case you're willing, I'm listing the better Natures.

I won't comment on hold items since aurawarrior has covered that.

Samurott
Torrent
Hasty/Naive/Mild/Rash/Lonely/Naughty

Surf
Megahorn
Ice Beam
Return

Since there are 2 Physical moves, Bold is not a good choice for its Nature. Not to mention it isn't exactly a defensive Pokemon either.

Charizard
Blaze
Hasty/Naive/Mild/Rash/Lonely/Naughty

Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
Focus Blast
Fly

If Fly is just for traveling purpose then it's fine, but technically it isn't the strongest - due to the two turns thing, it is weaker than Air Slash or Aerial Ace over two turns. Fly is 90 over 2 turns and may miss, Aerial Ace is 120 over 2 turns and cannot miss.
There's another set that you can use, with Modest/Timid as its Nature, Dragon Pulse instead of Dragon Claw, and Air Slash instead of Fly.

Tyranitar
Sand Stream
Adamant

Crunch
Dragon Dance/Rock Polish
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Dragon Dance is also a good option other than Rock Polish.

Galvantula
Compoundeyes
Timid

Thunder
Bug Buzz
Energy Ball
Hidden Power/Toxic/Thunder Wave/Spider Web/Volt Switch

Like what aurawarrior said, Hyper Beam is useless on it (and on all Pokemon that can learn it). Try checking its Hidden Power, but do not teach it Hidden Power if it is Electric/Bug/Grass/Poison/Steel/Psychic, as those types of Hidden Power do not help Galvantula. Electric/Bug/Grass is useless when it has stronger Electric/Bug/Grass move on its arsenal, while Poison, Steel, and Psychic are bad offensive type, and should not be used unless they have STAB.

Throh
Inner Focus
Adamant

Return
Storm Throw
Stone Edge
Payback

Storm Throw is stronger than Brick Break by 5 points due to the critical. Earthquake does not do any good on it, since Fight covers the same thing. Use Payback instead for coverage, while taking advantage of its low Speed. And since you don't want your opponent gets Paralyzed (which hinders Payback), use Return instead of Body Slam, which has 102 base power on max happiness.

I won't comment on Hydreigon since aurawarrior covered it.