• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In-Game trades quality lowered?

Cruisercard

As good a sPlatinum is it's very noticeable that the in-game trades are not nearly as good as in older games. We used to be able to get one in game trade only Pokemon. Now Its Haunter, Abra and Buizel (or is it Machop)

Alloute

Not Banned
Yes, only like 3 in-game trades.

That is most likely due to wi-fi being added :/

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
Yes, they ought to step it up a notch, g/s/c was awesome when it came to ingame trades, it was a clever way to obtain Aerodactyl.

All of the ingame trades since RBY excluding the Aerodactyl trade in GSC haven't been worth it. Gone are the days of having Pokemon only obtainable by trading. V_V

League

Master Abra Catcher
The IVs on the Chatot I got were something like 15/20/15/25/25/15 or so. That's pretty decent, all the possible relevant stats being higher. As well, the Abra I got in the trade had Hidden Power Ice (it was a weak one I think, but it did pack ridiculous power early in the game). The natures weren't that kind, Lonely and Quiet respectively, but the pokemon were decent at the time you got them. Machop and Buizel were easy to catch.

Does anyone know if their natures are set in stone?

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
Yeah the ingame trades aren't that great these days. The chatot ones okay. Chatot isn't that easy to catch for me. keeps breaking out of balls all the time so the trade made it easier to get one.

As dumb as this is going to sound considering I've had my GSC since they launched but this is the first time I've heard of the aerodactyl trade.^-^;;;;

I'm going to have to boot up my gold and check it out.

victreebel007

They need to have more as not everyone has access to wifi, but also they need to offer better pokemon like fossil pokemon or the rarer pokemon.

Machop for Abra: Abra are hard to catch without the Arena Trap tactic, so a good deal then

Buizel for Chatot: Buizel arn't at all rare, plus you can get Chatot early. But Chatot arn't exactly hard to catch either

Medicham for Haunter: A good deal I think, Haunter was always one of my favs.

Finneon for Magikarp: If nothing else it's an easy way to get a Gyarados

In my opinion, in-games trades have been going downhill since gen 2.

Ammako

The in-game trades from D/P/Pt always have the same IV's, wich are 10, 15 or 20. The ones from R/S/E have IV's of 4 or 5.

I don't really care, as I just don't do the in-game trades anymore, and I bred a Smoochum, Lickitung, Farfetch'd and Mr. Mime in my previous Fire-Red save file to trade them to my current save file, that way I don't have to do the in-game trades. I just trained Smoochum to Lv. 30 to evolve it so I could trade it into Fire-Red.

Volt of Noid

<-- Best Shiny ever
Machop for Abra: Abra are hard to catch without the Arena Trap tactic, so a good deal then

Buizel for Chatot: Buizel arn't at all rare, plus you can get Chatot early. But Chatot arn't exactly hard to catch either

Medicham for Haunter: A good deal I think, Haunter was always one of my favs.

Finneon for Magikarp: If nothing else it's an easy way to get a Gyarados

In my opinion, in-games trades have been going downhill since gen 2.

They are real useless pokemon, plus if you did want them for yourself then wouldn't you rather be the OT? Its not like people can't catch an Abra...Just biff a Dusk ball at night. Gastly and Haunter all through old Chateau. Magikarp? I mean come on... thats useless. The only reason you would do these trades is for different ID numbers for lottery (thats what I did them for) and, obviously not in this gen, breeding.

AlCario

Banned
Abra: Pretty good deal, machop is easy to catch and abra is tricky without any ultra balls

Chatot: Buizel's easy to get, so you've got nothing to lose

Haunter: Not really worth it. Old chateau is flooded with gastly and you can just evolve.

Magikarp: Just take out the old rod, it's not that hard

I agree with most others so far- in-game trades have declined since RBY.

Warlord

Da PKMN Breeder
All the talk of good trades in the G/S/C days make me wonder if the trades will stay the same in HG/SS.

I do agree that the trade are'nt all that good in the 4th Gen....

Is everyone forgetting that the Magikarp trade allows you to fet a foreign dex entry? The fish is German, BTW.

Erienne

Anime high :D
Is everyone forgetting that the Magikarp trade allows you to fet a foreign dex entry? The fish is German, BTW.
And that matters why? You can't even use the Masuda method on it, since it's from your game.