• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In-Game White Team, boyos

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Here's my proposed White in-game team, with items 'n' stuff omitted because I'm just gonna use what I find along the way.

Reuniclus
~Psychic
~Focus Blast (Can you get this pre-E4?)/Shadow Ball
~Calm Mind
~Recover

Scrafty
~Ice Punch
~Hi Jump Kick/Drain Punch
~Crunch
~Rest

Cofagrigus
~Hex
~Will-o-Wisp
~Disable
~Psychic/Grass Knot/Energy Ball

Gigalith
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake
~Strength
~Return?

Vanilluxe
~Ice Beam
~Ice Shard
~Flash Cannon
~Acid Armor/Mirror Coat

Escavalier
~Megahorn
~Iron Head
~Screech
~Pursuit/Rock Smash/Reversal

Suggestions/critiques would be great. I'm not switching any members out, so advice with what I already have would be preferred. Still unsure about the Scrafty set, as I hear that even a resisted HJK is more powerful than either Ice or ThunderPunch. If it's recommended against, I'm considering HJK/Crunch/Rest/x (with Shed Skin), where the last move could be Fake Out, Bulk Up or Dragon Tail.

Thanks in advance.

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
According to Serebii, Focus Blast is in The Opening of an Underground Water Vein.
It may require an HM, though, so probably in later stages of the game you'll be able to get it.

Scrafty
Ability: Shed Skin
-Drain Punch
-Bulk Up
-Payback/Crunch
-Rest

This is one of the better sets of Scrafty and can be obtained in-game. It requires breeding with a Meinshao, though, I'm afraid.

Cofagrigus looks good.

Only one HM is required to progress in the game, and it is Cut. Maybe curse could act as a replacement for Strength. I dunno what should be in place of return, though.

YES! You're using the Ice Cream! It doesn't matter which of those moves you use, but i think Acid Armor will work slightly better.

Excavalier should use Swords Dance in place of Screech, seeing its bulk. Pursuit is probably the best of your three choices.

Pretty great team, all in all.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Keep Return on Gigalith, it's one of the most powerful move in the game without any drawback, with its max power being 2 points higher than EQ.

Replace Strength on Gigalith with Curse after you have pushed all the Strength rocks in the game down into the hole, as they'll permanently remains in the hole anyway.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Thanks much to both of you. Anyone have any suggestions for Cofagrigus's final move?

And I'm considering Hi Jump Kick over Drain Punch simply because if I get Rest + Shed Skin and Leftovers, I can spare Drain Punch's healing for twice the power. Is that a good idea?

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Fair enough. Shine, Curse is an egg move on Gigalith, unfortunately. But I'll see if I can get one bred with Curse.