1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

In hindsight, what are your final thoughts & opinions on the Let’s Go games?

Discussion in 'Let's Go, Pikachu & Eevee' started by Carrick2097, Dec 28, 2019.

1. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Don't mess with the bull. You'll get the horns. Staff Member Moderator

Yea and as for the latter meaning the wanting to work for the evolution and not wanting to play Go, guess they'd be out of luck then. Since it doesn't seem like Game Freak will be making another evolution method any time soon.

2. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

I’m hoping by the Crown Tundra release at the latest that there will be another way to evolve Meltan and also catch some. I don’t mean that there should be an area where you can’t stop running into Meltan but more of a percentage of finding a Wild Meltan to be similar to finding a Stonjourner or Eiscue. And I’m sure that Nosepass and Magneton will evolve using the Thunder Stone and Crabrawler with the Ice Stone. The Evolutions caused by being certain areas never made much sense after DPPt or Crabrawler.

OshyHikari and Leonhart like this.
  3. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Don't mess with the bull. You'll get the horns. Staff Member Moderator

It would be nice to have both options available. The latter could help those who couldn't afford online and/or the DLC.

OshyHikari likes this.
  4. Italianbaptist

Italianbaptist Informed Casual

So I finally got all my Let’s Go Pokemon into Sword. And as it turns out, I’m probably not going to use them that much.

I caved and paid for a month of Premium service in Home to get the best of the best from the previous gens into Gen 8. Which means a lot of VC Kanto mons with their hidden abilities as opposed to the normies in Let’s Go. Melmetal will see some use though - thanks again to the dude on the forums that traded me for it :)

I still maintain that Let’s Go is my favorite game in the series for shiny hunting though. It’s much more interactive/hands-on to me than anything that came before it, and I don’t particularly care for leaving a trail of bodies in my wake to increase my odds in SwSh.

Ubermuk and jaden767 like this.
  5. The whole trading thing is your preference then, but if you're willing to go the point of saying you're too broke to afford NSO, you might want to get your thoughts in order especially if you're paying for a $60 Switch game - with a year of NSO being 1/3rd of the price of a Switch game @ $20 a year.

Heck, a SINGLE MONTH is $4 - less than $5 a year of Bank and WAY less than the $15 a year Premium of Home.

Point being is this is how GameFreak's doing this. As much as I'd like Melmetal to be available in a way outside Go, I'm going to have to go with how the rules go.

Or you can wait until they eventually do some sort of promotion for Melmetal with its Gigantamax form, which I feel will likely be a retailer thing.

Leonhart likes this.
  6. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

There are people who are actually too broke to afford NSO, the ones who live in poverty or paycheck-to-paycheck who can only afford one game a year. Please show more respect for those who are on restricted budgets.

jaden767 likes this.
  7. Ignition

Ignition Smug Smasher

Don’t hate them but they’re my third least favorite Pokémon games only beaten by Gen 1 & 2.

First off, I hate everything involving Go. I like Go but it’s really annoying seeing how much was altered to fit Go’s aesthetics. The catching especially is terrible (hate motion controls).

I feel like Go made these games suffer from extreme oversimplification to the point where I got bored after only 30 minutes into it. The removal l of so many staples (abilities, held items etc.) of the franchise hurts more than it helps. Would it have killed them to add at least cross generation evolutions? Also laughably easy to the point where my preschooler nephew wanted to play something else when he felt bored for how easy it was to win.

I don’t like Kanto so I was probably destined to not like these games. But FRLG made me appreciate it. That’s my main issue: aside from obvious improvements in graphics and QoL, FRLG has so much more to offer: more Pokémon, higher difficulty, more to do, adds on content instead of taking it away, and so much more. There is no excuse for a game to have less content that one from over a decade ago.

There’s a few good things, though; I like how it serves as an alternate in between for RBY & GSC. Trace is surprisingly a fun rival (I’d argue more than Blue). Overworld Shinies were great even if I’m not a Shiny Hunter. Same thing for following Pokémon. Having access to your box at almost all times is cool. However these positives don’t outweigh the negatives for me.

TL;DR: Lackluster. Once I’m down with this run through with all of Ash’s OS Pokémon and getting Meltan/Melmetal; I’ll 99% never touch this game again as FRLG exists.

OshyHikari likes this.
  8. CAN1F

CAN1F Well-Known Member

Wasn’t for me , I just got to the importing part & stayed there.

my kid loved it though & that’s all what matters.

people complain about the price of it , you take your kid to the zoo or a science museum your paying the same price admission fee for less time lol

Ubermuk and jaden767 like this.
  9. Sonnas

Sonnas Well-Known Member

It's alright though catching mechanics are very annoying as I keep using more balls than usual and when I do get an Excellent and it'll still not catch the pokemon.
    Also not like how the only way to level up your pokemon by catching considering battles give very little exp.

Ubermuk and CAN1F like this.
  10. CAN1F

CAN1F Well-Known Member

Yes yet you get a nice on 1800 mewtwo on a std ball & he caught first time

Ubermuk likes this.
  11. Tbh I regret buying it. It was soooooo boring and easy.

Ubermuk likes this.