• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In hindsight, what are your final thoughts & opinions on the Let’s Go games?

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Pokemon Home will be coming out soon and I'll be able to take some of my favorite teammates from Kanto into Galar so I'm looking forward to that. In this respect they will probably serve as supplementary to Sword and Shield the same way the VC games were to Sun and Moon. I'll just keep catching new mons with better stats and transferring them over. It helps that Let's Go is my favorite in the series for shiny hunting :)

I definitely have some regret about picking up both versions of the game; Pikachu alone would have served me just fine. But at least I got one of them on sale and not full price - for a digital code even! (Target.com)

KahunaLagoonaEX

I played the VC releases of RBY & GSC more than Let's Go - That kinda tells you the extent of how I 'Enjoyed' it.

That being said, call me part of the problem. I literally expected there to be more content Let's Go was going to provide to Gen 8, even though I was going to wait for the announcement of the 3rd versions of Sword/Shield before dipping in, not just a Pikachu and an Eevee that don't evolve with poor stat spreads.

I only play Let's Go for literally three reasons: So I can catch more Meltan in Go, Shiny hunt, and bring in Pokemon from Go to the Go Park for "themed" parks. (Have a Park entirely dedicated to Raichu and Alolan Raichu, another with Tauros, another with both Nidoran)

It's literally the only reason why I kinda still keep Kanto Pokemon in Go even if their IVs stink.

Last edited:

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
The games were good for a trip down memory lane if you loved generation one and all things Kanto but not all of us care for that. I didn't like the Pokemon GO references or the fact that a lot of team rosters got changed around. I also think the Pikachu and Eevee customization crap was pointless.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
I didn't really feel they were all that necessary. The lack of post-game content and no Pokemon outside of the small Kanto dex (barring the Meltan line) was just a disappointment. I actually enjoyed playing through FireRed/LeafGreen despite the lack of Fairy type and no physical/special split.

These games actually made me want to replay LG/FR. And although those games are out of date and kind of slow compared to these games, I think that Game Freak should've taken a few pointers from LG/FR when they decided to create these other Kanto remakes, instead of them basing a lot of the new features on Pokemon Go.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I loved it. It was a different approach, but kept me entertained until Sword and Shield came out. The absolute problem for me however, was the incompatible Pro Controller. Both the Joy-Con and Poké Ball peripheral cramped my hand in long-run use. The fact that Pokémon Candies couldn't be fed more than one at a time was also a horrible grind while preparing for Master Trainers.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I liked the games. I thought it was a good fresh take on the Kanto games as a whole and while the catching mechanics could have been better, it still felt natural in the game. Plus flying on Pokémon to avoid ledges and move faster through routes was genius. Now getting to Cinnabar Island is literally a breeze since you don’t have to deal with all of those pesky Tentacool and Tentacruel anymore.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
honestly I had more fun with it than I did with USUM... I loved the colourful cute graphics, the remastered soundtrack, the catching style and the follow pokemon+partner pokemon. Seeing all the artwork made for LGPE also makes me super happy. I also like the new characters and extra scenes added to flesh out existing characters (like Lorelei).

Seeing a new game, even just like... An Orange Island-esque adventure in a new or previously unexplored region would be my idea of a perfect Let's Go game even if it didn't introduce any new Pokemon.

A quite mediocre side-game. No matter how much Gamefreak claims it is a main game, it just doesn't feel like one. It's quite barebones and didn't even add the Sevii Islands or anything new post-game into it.

While not necessarily a bad game, I did enjoy it for the time it played, it's weaker than any of the main games and than quite some spinoffs.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I love the Let's Go games. I see a lot of people crap on them for being Kanto remakes, but they're actually really fun to play.

I thought I would HATE the catching mechanism but I ended up liking it. I honestly enjoyed playing Lets Go Pikachu more than SwSh. Yes, the Pokemon are limited but I couldnt catch the majority of my fav mons in SwSh so I didn't care either way. I do wish they would have expanded more on the Kanto region since Lets Go is set years later than the original games.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The one thing I wish the Let’s Go games did is give us another way to evolve Meltan. Something a tad bit easier and manageable to do but not so easy that having a Melmetal doesn’t feel special anymore. Something like a new evolution item that you can get multiples of but is extremely rare and hard to find. I am only half way getting 400 Meltan Candy and it’s been two years since I started to catch Meltan every week when I can open that stupid Mysterious Box.

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
The one thing I wish the Let’s Go games did is give us another way to evolve Meltan. Something a tad bit easier and manageable to do but not so easy that having a Melmetal doesn’t feel special anymore. Something like a new evolution item that you can get multiples of but is extremely rare and hard to find. I am only half way getting 400 Meltan Candy and it’s been two years since I started to catch Meltan every week when I can open that stupid Mysterious Box.

Amen!

KahunaLagoonaEX

You'd think with Pokemon Home and Sword/Shield they might do something to let Meltan evolve in those games - as a sort of 'screw you' to those that wanted to evolve Melmetal for Let's Go as you can't transfer Mons back into Let's Go after they've gone to Sword/Shield.

But hey, most I can give you as far as a tip in terms of Candy grinding, although this should be obvious, is to use Pinap berries and definitely be sure to do that when Niantic does their stupid 2x Candy events, where you get 12 instead of 6 each catch. Says the idiot who has a 98% Melmetal, seven Melmetal in total, two of them with extra attacks that cost 100 candy each, etc.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
They were fun games that did something different than the normal formula.

Oddly enough, their main feature is probably my least favorite. Sometimes, the balls don't connect, and having Pokemon flee in battle can be a bit annoying. Having said that, the feature is fine, but they should have included a disability option when in docked mode.

What I did like was the different take on Kanto. I also liked how they essentially remade Yellow (as well as Red/Blue) to make an interesting title. The mechanics were thinned down to represent the older titles without the jank of the Gen 1 games, and they included proper balance with the newer games (Pyshical/attack split for example). The connection to GO was great, but I really liked the Alolan trades you can do in most places. That was perhaps my favorite new feature, as minor as it was.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
To my surprise, I REALLY enjoyed these games. And It was really fun for me catching pokemon this way, more than the normal way.
My only concern with these games is that they are really short and don't offer any kind of post game areas/facilities

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
You'd think with Pokemon Home and Sword/Shield they might do something to let Meltan evolve in those games - as a sort of 'screw you' to those that wanted to evolve Melmetal for Let's Go as you can't transfer Mons back into Let's Go after they've gone to Sword/Shield.

And they end up still making the evolution method be GO-exclusive. They literally don’t want you to not play that shoddy mobile spinoff.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
And they end up still making the evolution method be GO-exclusive. They literally don’t want you to not play that shoddy mobile spinoff.
There is a way around it. Try asking in the trade section for a Meltan and Melmetal. Got one of the latter via this method before.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
There is a way around it. Try asking in the trade section for a Meltan and Melmetal. Got one of the latter via this method before.

Not everyone likes trading, or some may be too broke to afford NSO. They may want to actually work for evolving a Meltan, but don't like the idea of its evolution method being GO-exclusive.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Not everyone likes trading, or some may be too broke to afford NSO. They may want to actually work for evolving a Meltan, but don't like the idea of its evolution method being GO-exclusive.
Yea and as for the latter meaning the wanting to work for the evolution and not wanting to play Go, guess they'd be out of luck then. Since it doesn't seem like Game Freak will be making another evolution method any time soon.