• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In need of a new (or fix) Pokemon Leaf Green competitive team

Status
Not open for further replies.

remixmaster5000

Ok back when my friends and I had a casual tournament i beat them all with the team of
Gengar
Thunderbolt
Ice Punch
shadow ball
Hypnosis

Charizard
Fly(yes i know)
Flamethrower
Dragon Rage
Fire Blast

Lapras
Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Perish Song

Jolteon
Thunderbolt
Thunder
Bite
Body Slam

Arcanine
Extreme Speed
Flamethrower
Crunch
Flamewheel

Snorlax
Rest
Sleeptalk
Body Slam
Hyper Beam

The team had 0 focus besides just throwing out powerful moves and making the enemy team faint. Now we are having another tournament and since then my friends have gotten somewhat into the competitive scene of Pokemon and i don't want to get decimated. Can you guys give me a new team or even fix up the one i have already. I am willing to catch, get specific nature, ev train new ones, as well as go item hunting. Even willing to start over for a new starter. Please no legendaries

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Gengar needs Timid Nature, and Sludge Bomb instead of Ice Punch. If you have the Sludge Wave event one, go with Sludge Wave instead of Sludge Bomb.
Hypnosis might needs replacing, though I'm not sure with what.

Charizard - it depends, are you going to make it your Mega? If so, which one? X or Y?

Jolteon......Timid Nature, with Shadow Ball and Hyper Voice instead of Bite and Body Slam. Also, Thunder Wave instead of one of the Electric STAB.

Arcanine, go with Hasty/Naive Nature, and Close Combat/Dragon Pulse instead of Flame Wheel.

Snorlax would be better with Earthquake instead of Hyper Beam, along with Adamant Nature.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Gengar needs Timid Nature, and Sludge Bomb instead of Ice Punch. If you have the Sludge Wave event one, go with Sludge Wave instead of Sludge Bomb.

Charizard - it depends, are you going to make it your Mega? If so, which one? X or Y?

Jolteon......Timid Nature, with Shadow Ball and Hyper Voice instead of Bite and Body Slam. Also, Thunder Wave instead of one of the Electric STAB.

Arcanine, go with Hasty/Naive Nature, and Close Combat/Dragon Pulse instead of Flame Wheel.

Snorlax would be better with Earthquake instead of Hyper Beam, along with Adamant Nature.

I thought he was using a Leaf Green cartridge or is he using the team from LG in the most recent games?

Winter Breeze

formely joseph.

He's talking about leafgreen not 6 gen :rolleyes:.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Sorry, my first thought was that it was a Gen 6 team that was the same as his LG team xD

Changes and explanations in red :)

Ok back when my friends and I had a casual tournament i beat them all with the team of
Gengar
Thunderbolt
Ice Punch
Taunt/Explosion/Fire Punch/Substitute (I recommend Explosion or Substitute)
Hypnosis

Gengar is a fast special attacker, so timid nature would be optimal (Naive/Hasty with Explosion). But a nature that increases Sp Atk would work too if it doesn't lower speed (or Atk if using Explosion)

Charizard
Aerial Ace
Earthquake
Swords Dance

Fire Blast

Swords Dance boosts attack, so you want a nature that improves your speed. Hasty/Naive would be preferred here. (Neutral nature would work too, as you kind of use all your stats)

Lapras
Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Perish Song

Good, Sing is an option over Perish Song

Jolteon
Thunderbolt
Baton Pass
Substitute
Agility

Jolteon doesn't have very good offensive moves, so you're better off supporting the rest of the team with Baton Pass. If it has Hidden Power Ice or Grass with high power, use that instead of Agility. You want a Modest or Timid nature.

Arcanine
Extreme Speed
Flamethrower
Crunch
Iron Tail

I wouldn't recommend using another fire type. Consider switching out either Arcanine or Charizard (Better to keep Charizard imo)

Snorlax
Rest
Sleeptalk
Body Slam
Curse

Curselax is very good, can win you games :p

If you need more help, pm me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.