• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In Tapu Fini's Mist (1051)

Ultra Beast Lover

Yeah I mean I get not catching the legendaries because they're so powerful, rare, and important to the world. And if that one special was truthful there's a risk of some legendaries dying. Heck perhaps Poipole being captured and eventually sent to the lab would've damaged the endangered the environment and/or eventually made it sick, or if it got sick no one could treat it because maybe some plant would hurt it. But Shaymin isn't shown to be any more rare than your average starter at least in the anime, it's not exceptionally powerful, and they aren't shown to do anything special for any location besides helping flowers grow. Sure Shaymin's in danger of poachers but according to every poacher we meet all Pokemon they find are rare and valuable, besides Shaymin would be in danger of poachers anyways even with other Shaymin. And yeah they migrate but so do many other Pokemon the group has, besides Alola is always warm so the way I see it Shaymin would be smart to stay in this region.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Well, not exactly sure what was being said, but I still ended up crying through half of that episode.

Shaymin, yes! Did not expect it to stay on the main cast, but I am so happy. As my favorite mythical pokemon, pairing up with my favorite character of Sun and Moon (rightfully so) feels so good. I really really hope we get to see it battle, but I don't expect much out of it in that category. I can see it making Tsareena appear more motherly like in the end.

Also really did not expect Fire Blast... stoutland was basically a Fire type delta stoutland or whatever they're called lol.

Overall quite happy with this episode, even if Hapu didn't really get to battle Tapu-Fini. I enjoyed the feels.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Hoo boy. One has to wonder how TPCI will handle this...

It's a good thing the 4Kids people aren't here to see this. They'd lose it at seeing this episode!
I can just imagine a 4Kids censor watching this...*shudder*

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Welp, now I've completely given up on Mallow as a trainer tbh. Not only did she not catch her own only pokemon, but it spent YEARS being a glorified waiter. Good lord the writers really hate her having to do much with actual pokemon. And now she has a Shaymin which she'll hold for a few episodes until it flies away from being bored to death lol.
She was a child. Lana, Kiawe, Sophocles, and Ash never owned a Pokemon when they were that young. It's not like she couldn't physically do it, but she just wasn't a Trainer yet. Cut her some slack.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Mallow is glad to see her mother again, even though she's now a spirit caused by Tapu Fini's foggy effect, which she would eventually disappear. As for her design, she does like generic with a short, none of the "anime" red/blue/green oddly shaped hair color and a casual dress. Mallow got Shaymin too, but befriended it instead of a capture, kinda like Bonnie & Squishy back in XYZ.

Torracat is glad to see its Stoutland master. It managed to learn FIre Blast, even thought it actually make its movesets more redundant wuth Fire-type moves. And unlike Mallow who was all teary towards her mother, Torracat wants to make its master proud about its growth even after the latter disappeared at the end as a spirit.

Lillie got to see his brother Gladion again, when they reunited after both being lost by the fog. They were just looking their way out of the fog, when they suddenly meet Ash after the fog dissipates. Nothing depth happened between the two in this episode, until Hapu told them about their father possibly being alive.

The rest of the cast didn't do much during the fog other than sticking together with Hapu, while the latter was looking for Tapu Fini. I like the carrying heavy buckets part of the episode, especially seeing Mallow & Lillie struggles to carry them.

Good episode, keep up the streak of good episodes going.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Geez, this episode is trying to prove a lot of stuff:

1) That this saga really, really wants to drive the point home about character deaths...a bit too much, unlike how it was practically nonexistent in previous sagas. (Sorry, Clemont. You never had a mother. But that's okay. You have Batman for a father...for...some...reason... Yup.)

2) That Mythical Pokemon are looking for the main group to babysit them in droves.

3) That Mallow had more development in the past than in the present. Gotta go back. Back to the past. Samurai Mallow.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Hoo boy. One has to wonder how TPCI will handle this...

It's a good thing the 4Kids people aren't here to see this. They'd lose it at seeing this episode!
I can just imagine a 4Kids censor watching this...*shudder*
well, 4kids did kill off brock's mom for some reason (making the episode where she shows up kinda awkward)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Geez, this episode is trying to prove a lot of stuff:

1) That this saga really, really wants to drive the point home about character deaths...a bit too much, unlike how it was practically nonexistent in previous sagas. (Sorry, Clemont. You never had a mother. But that's okay. You have Batman for a father...for...some...reason... Yup.)

2) That Mythical Pokemon are looking for the main group to babysit them in droves.

3) That Mallow had more development in the past than in the present. Gotta go back. Back to the past. Samurai Mallow.
At least this wasn’t about a dead robot that got repaired only some hours later. How can I feel for something that went like this:

Clemont: ;__; My precious Clembot...no

-a few hours later-

*repairs Clembot back to normal* =)

p96822

Evolve me please
At least this wasn’t about a dead robot that got repaired only some hours later. How can I feel for something that went like this:

-a few hours later-

Robots can be repaired, humans not so much. Also Clembot doesn't have the same memories so it a different robot from before.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi

-a few hours later-

They probably wanna give Clemont some drama for an otherwise comic relief character most of his time during XY.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
So to any translators/mods

what did Lillie and Gladion say about not seeing their dad in the mist.

I can tell by their facial expressions they conveyed shock, but not much else.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Robots can be repaired, humans not so much. Also Clembot doesn't have the same memories so it a different robot from before.
Clemont may be geeky enough to care about all those meaningful moments with Clembot we hardly saw ourselves, but Clembot was just incredibly expendable, really. I couldn't care any less if Clembot was reduced to a soda can by accident. (...Okay, I'd laugh instead of feeling any sort of sad.)

xEryChan

Demon Child
Curse you, Pokemon! This is the second time they’ve had an episode that brought me to tears. Why do they do this to me?

This episode was really good, I loved it! It is about time my girl Mallow got some focus and the scenes with her and her mother are the ones that really got me going. It shows how tough losing her mother was on her. She also ends up with a Shaymin as well, which I found very interesting. We saw the Torracat’s mentor, Stoutland, again and Torracat ended up learning Fire Blast, which I loved. I think Lillie and Gladion got the confirmation that their father is actually alive somewhere and Gladion just decides to run off, though I watched the episode without subtitles so I have no idea what was being said. Oh yeah, Hapu become the Kahuna of Poni Island as well.

Overall, really good episode. I loved it. Only reason why I’m not giving it a perfect score is because of thr fact that they made me cry. But really good episode and I couldn’t recommend it more. Solid 9.5/10.

p96822

Evolve me please
Clemont may be geeky enough to care about all those meaningful moments with Clembot we hardly saw ourselves, but Clembot was just incredibly expendable, really. I couldn't care any less if Clembot was reduced to a soda can by accident. (...Okay, I'd laugh instead of feeling any sort of sad.)

I didn't even say that. I mean that Clemont couldn't fix his memories, so he is different from before. The Clemontbot memories are dead not the robot. Also I was gonna for that Human can't be repaired like Robot can.

There something else that bother me in this episode and the last. Doing a little bit of research on Tapu Fini. Tapu Fini doesn't have the power to bring back the dead.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Also I’m glad they didn’t make Mallow’s mom (or both parents for that matter) LOOK exactly like her. That’s been a trend in Sun and Moon I haven’t exactly been found of.

p96822

Evolve me please
If this was Tapu Fini from the games, it would have been more messed up because it has the power to mess with peoples minds