• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In Tapu Fini's Mist (1051)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1051.jpg

In Tapu Fini's Mist

The Island Guardian of Poni Island has got a special power which lets people see loved ones that have long since passed from this world. When Mallow hears this, she gets really upset. As the group visit Hapu at her house, a mysterious mist soon comes from the Ruins of Hope. As they try to make their way through it, they all encounter someone important to them. Hapu, unhappy with this, goes to the Ruins of Hope to get Tapu Fini to stop. Will she be able to?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Mallow meets her mother (as expected), and Stoutland starts teaching Torracat 'Fire Blast'.

Also, as Mallow and her mother starts showing gratitude towards each other, many Gracidea flowers starts blooming around them. After her mother fades away, a Shaymin appears.

Mallow is carrying around the Shaymin in her arms at the end of the episode.

Lillie and Gladion figure out that their father is probably alive.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

Mallow meets her mother (as expected), and Stoutland starts teaching Torracat 'Fire Blast'.

Also, as Mallow and her mother starts showing gratitude towards each other, many Gracidea flowers starts blooming around them. After her mother fades away, a Shaymin appears.

Mallow is carrying around the Shaymin in her arms at the end of the episode.

Lillie and Gladion figure out that their father is probably alive.
Was expecting a new move for Terrocat. How about Hapu?

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Finally torracat llearne something new fire type move it was getting old with him, and i always anyone of ash's fire types to learn fire blast glad finally someone learned it.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Finally torracat llearne something new fire type move it was getting old with him, and i always anyone of ash's fire types to learn fire blast glad finally someone learned it.

Yeah, its nice it learned a move, but bad as well because Torracat now knows 3 Fire type moves and 1 Fighting type move (really bad balance, which is quite common for Ash's teams across the various Saga's though).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Good episode but I do wish Mallow's mother looked.... a bit more unique? She looks like a generic background character

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Did... Did they just give Mao an actual Mythical Pokémon out of nowhere?! I mean it sounded like it's not gonna be a permanent member of the group or anything but...
JJWiYi5.png

...I mean, they added it to the ending sequence...

On another note entirely, this episode featured a more effective use of "Ho-Oh Descends" from I Choose You than that movie did.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Well if this Shaymin doesn't fly away until the series ends, then Mallow might as well have it "caught". I hope it gets more screentime now!

DatsRight

This was entertaining enough, expectedly emotional (if another compressed Poni episode), though as I predicted, it relied mostly on 'sad feels'. It's easy to feel bad for Mallow, and it was nice we got some more backstory, especially with her catching Bounsweet, but I still think I'd be WAY more invested in her if they'd spent as much effort giving her a personality. It's still external forces in play here, tragic ones, but still, they're not really expanding her. Having her take care of Shaymin might be a potential opening for this I suppose, though even with this decent episode, I don't expect Mallow to become my favourite character anytime soon.

For obvious reasons, not a lot of slapstick, but the farming slice of life was at least a little funnier this time round, with everyone struggling to hold the weighty equipment.

It was odd seeing Tsareena so expressive, even giving off puppy dog eyes and slipping into her Steenee voice.

Torracat was expectedly the most gripping side plot to me, the freaking cat has a more complex dynamic, and it was cute seeing it eager to show Stoutland everything it had learned.

Lillie and Gladion didn't get much screentime at all, though for the obvious reason their still alive father wouldn't be there.

NeoDude-5000

I cannot believe they actually did it... they gave a fire type of Ash's Fire Blast. You can finally tick the last OP Gen 1 move from the list along with Thunder, Solar Beam, Hydro Pump, and Hyper Beam.

OK seriously, pretty sad episode. Never knew Mallow's mother passed away. Sun and Moon really does like to balance the overall light hearted nature aspect with some dark places

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Writer 1: Hey, remember that time we mentioned that Mallow caught Bounsweet near where Ash caught Rowlet?

Writer 2: Yeah.Why?

Writer 1: Wanna take that mostly irrelevant dialogue from a hundred episodes ago and turn it into something heart-breaking?

Writer 2: Boy, do I!

Yay. Torracat replaced Ember, just like I asked it to last week. Unfortunately, it was for another Fire-type move. Eh, better than just keeping Ember. And it's a move none of Ash's Fire-types have had? Really? ...Huh. You'd think a move that's been around since day one would've popped up on Ash's team at least once. They sure like overusing Flamethrower and Flame Charge enough, though.

I'm just so happy seeing the best Alola Starter (don't @ me) get such a touching story. Almost makes up for the best Unova (Samurott) and Kalos (Chesnaught) lines getting snubbed. I love how even in the afterlife, Stoutland still has things to teach his cat son.

God, the animation with Mallow and her mother was beautiful. Didn't expect Shaymin to stay, even if temporarily. Though I guess it counts towards the "everyone gets something" thing this arc is doing. Sophocles and Lana get evolutions. Kiawe gets a Z-Crystal. Mallow gets a new friend. Lillie gets a new story arc (later). What will Ash get? See you next time for Mudsdale vs Torra-...oh, he's just using Pikachu again.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Welp, now I've completely given up on Mallow as a trainer tbh. Not only did she not catch her own only pokemon, but it spent YEARS being a glorified waiter. Good lord the writers really hate her having to do much with actual pokemon. And now she has a Shaymin which she'll hold for a few episodes until it flies away from being bored to death lol.

Ultra Beast Lover

Wait, hold up. Mallow got a good episode and it involved explaining why the travel companion doesn't have both parents? That doesn't normally happen with this show. Normally it's just a fact that the companion only has one or no parents and we're left to theorize (my personal theory is that most of the parents died in a war when everyone was a baby. That's also my theory for the games) Good on the writers to tackle this more than once this region.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Did... Did they just give Mao an actual Mythical Pokémon out of nowhere?! I mean it sounded like it's not gonna be a permanent member of the group or anything but...
JJWiYi5.png

...I mean, they added it to the ending sequence...

On another note entirely, this episode featured a more effective use of "Ho-Oh Descends" from I Choose You than that movie did.

I hope so. She is almost my favorite character from SM pokegirls, and she deserves it. I do not care if it is a Mythical, Mallow deserved something for so long and Shaymin makes up for it perfectly.