• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In terms of animal-like Pokemon, which do you prefer?

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
A lot of Pokemon are based on species in the animal kingdom, both vertebrates and invertebrates (the latter inspiring many Bug-types).

Some people prefer one type of animals to another.

So, I am asking you, which portion of the animal kingdom do you think has the best Pokemon inspired by them?

I prefer those based on mammals, in line with my view of mammals being superior beings to other living creatures (a view based in part on the fact that we ourselves are mammals).

Now let's hear your opinions.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I think dinosaurs/ancient species have been pretty well represented. With Aerodactyl, Kabuto/Kabutops, Omanyte/Omastar and others down the line, it's been pretty varying.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
As a lover of animals in general, I've always preferred diversity rather than focusing on any one particular group. That said, the sheer number of species in many real world groups means that pokemon has in some cases barely scratched the surface of the diversity within even a single animal group.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I like how with the fossil Pokemon, they rarely stick with the obvious examples. The Omanyte, Tyrunt and Aerodacytl family are the exclusions

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Insects is kinda too big of a category. In real life, 80% of species on earth are insects. That's not including spiders and Myriapoda. The amount of biodiversity there is staggering. So it would feel wrong to group them all together.

In real life my favourite animals are dogs, and I love all the dog pokemon. But I have to admit that their dinos are all fairly brilliantly designed.

Last edited:

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Honestly I prefer Pokemon that are based off animals instead of inanimate objects. I'm mostly drawn to mammalian, reptilian, and avians species. When it comes to Water types I prefer Pokemon that are semi-aquatic, able to move on land and sea. Pokemon based off fish just dont appeal to me.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Honestly I prefer Pokemon that are based off animals instead of inanimate objects.

From what I understand, most do. Though I like it when they're based off both. Like the Stufful line, which is both a bear and a teddy bear

Leonhart

Imagineer
I prefer mammalian Pokemon like canines and felines. I think that some of the cutest and best-looking Pokemon in the franchise have been Pokemon based on cats in particular like Nyasu (Meowth), Eneco (Skitty), Shishiko (Litleo), and many others.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
For me, reptilian Pokemon usually have the coolest designs