• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In The Shadow of Zekrom (660)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Seems like Ash is still angry when he loses to a main rival, just like with Paul. It never ends, but this time this loss in the battle wasn't his fault at all.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Here it is! The start of a new Era! 2-3 more years of Isshu, Isshu, and more Isshu!!!

Let's go over the basics, shall we?

Opening: An all CGI opening. That's a first! Is it any good? Well, it's certainly different. One thing you may notice going into the second episode is that, while here all the Pokemon are silhouetted in black, they slowly start to reveal themselves. As the show progresses, I'm betting it continuously gets updated to show all the new Isshu Pokemon. Pretty creative! Let's hope the dub does that.

The song was definitely pretty cool, if a bit tame. It'll need more disection as we move along. Tons of "Daijoubus!" though.

The episode: Pretty much the definition of a clean slate if you ask me. Ash, Delia, and Oak are the only characters we see returning (besides the villains) for the whole episode. We don't see or hear from any previous characters, which I think is a good stage to set. And it looks like the whole family will be chillin' in Isshu for now.

Rockets and Giovanni are back! Followed by mysterious secretary lady. Team Rocket may still be up to their old tricks, but they sure aren't making the same mistakes (not yet anyway).

The whole "Electrile Dysfunction" of Pikachu which I thought was going to be a major plot point in the series.... fixes itself pretty much just as quick (in the 2nd eppy). Soooo much for that!

All in all, the episode was setting the ground work for the rest of the series, so it may not be as exciting as some of the future ones. Though seeing Shuuti pick his Tsutarja over Mijumaru was probably the highlight.

Chimchar15

Here it is! The start of a new Era! 2-3 more years of Isshu, Isshu, and more Isshu!!!

Let's go over the basics, shall we?

Opening: An all CGI opening. That's a first! Is it any good? Well, it's certainly different. One thing you may notice going into the second episode is that, while here all the Pokemon are silhouetted in black, they slowly start to reveal themselves. As the show progresses, I'm betting it continuously gets updated to show all the new Isshu Pokemon. Pretty creative! Let's hope the dub does that.

The song was definitely pretty cool, if a bit tame. It'll need more dissection as we move along. Tons of "Daijoubus!" though.

The episode: Pretty much the definition of a clean slate if you ask me. Ash, Delia, and Oak are the only characters we see returning (besides the villains) for the whole episode. We don't see or hear from any previous characters, which I think is a good stage to set. And it looks like the whole family will be chillin' in Isshu for now.

Rockets and Giovanni are back! Followed by mysterious secretary lady. Team Rocket may still be up to their old tricks, but they sure aren't making the same mistakes (not yet anyway).

The whole "Electrile Dysfunction" of Pikachu which I thought was going to be a major plot point in the series.... fixes itself pretty much just as quick (in the 2nd eppy). Soooo much for that!

All in all, the episode was setting the ground work for the rest of the series, so it may not be as exciting as some of the future ones. Though seeing Shuuti pick his Tsutarja over Mijumaru was probably the highlight.

I lol at Mijuamru's expression when it wasn't picked as Shooti's starter Pokemon.

Last edited:

naughtynun

Did Oak and Delia really move to Isshu!?

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Pikachu lost to a starter! It just tied with a legendary a few episodes back, I am so surprised by this!
Not really :)
So Pikachu got zapped before the battle, then the loss is forgivable. Otherwise, it'll be a shame that Pikachu lost before the power reset.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
gimme link or ill kill cybercubed

Whats up with that stupid spam comment in all your posts...? you're getting reported soon if you dont stop it.

Anyway I liked the episodes, the TR pokemons situation is a little strange indeed was it explained?

The opening was strange yeah but diferent lol.

naughtynun

Does it explicitly state ash is still 10 or are you assuming it from his childishness?

Satoshi 91

Probably not allowed to ask this, but does anyone know if you can watch it online yet, and if not when will it be available? Thanks

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Love the episode, great start to B/W.

MIJUMARU IS ADORABLE! I love it already, can't wait to see it when Ash captures it! Shooti was a weirdo, with his camera. Tsutarja is just as badass as I knew he would be. Iris is pretty cool, can't wait to see episode 2!

gliscor&yanmega

Awesome episode. The new Opening is nice. I don't think anyone but Pokemon were in it, which is a first isn't it?

Ash meets Shooti, they battle but it doesn't look like they battle that was shown in the preview, odd.

I remember people saying Shooti is confirmed to be like Paul...I didn't see anything Paul like in the episode.

Jessie, James, and Meowth had such a change in their character from the looks of things. Much more serious, I hope there is still some Team Rocket humor though.

Chimchar15

I don't get why they're using characters from the last 13 years, but making a bad transition to the new season without explanations for things for the transitions, like going to Isshu, etc. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Well it's possible that at the beginning Oak was explain everything but I can't understand Japanese. Either way I love how the show is actually faster paced. Really good not to fast not to slow. Let's hope they keep this up and this might actually become my favorite saga. I just hope the gym battles are more like AG as most of the DP gym battles were a little lackluster. The hearthome one was great though.