• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In The Shadow of Zekrom (660)

IndigoVanity

Coordinator
Ash's eye color and hat were something else I want to talk/rant about; why the eye color change? I get the new hat but his eyes were great before this change. Totally out of left field I think.

they didn't change his eye color. they were always brown all they did was make his iris' (the color part of your eyes) bigger. since they were smaller before you was never able to notice it. now that they are bigger you notice the color of them.

i liked the episode it was different since no one ever mentioned isshu to ash before hand until they got there.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Ash's eye color and hat were something else I want to talk/rant about; why the eye color change? I get the new hat but his eyes were great before this change. Totally out of left field I think.
Ash's eyes have been brown since episode 1 of the first series. Here is a shot I took from that first episode of his eyes which you can see are brown.
AshsEyesEpisode1.png

All that was changed was the art style and I love this change. For one thing people will stop thinking Ash has black eyes or when drawing him in a different style getting his eye colour wrong (I once drew him with blue eyes before being corrected).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ash's eyes have been brown since episode 1 of the first series. Here is a shot I took from that first episode of his eyes which you can see are brown.
AshsEyesEpisode1.png

All that was changed was the art style and I love this change. For one thing people will stop thinking Ash has black eyes or when drawing him in a different style getting his eye colour wrong (I once drew him with blue eyes before being corrected).

Oh. Well I commented on this image before I think, and I said something along the lines of Ash's eyes only being brown-colored in certain close-ups at certain times in the anime. At every other time, his eyes appeared black-colored. Now they look to be hazel-colored, all the time and not just when it's convenient for the animators or whatever. To me, it's a major change I don't feel too happy about. To me, there's a difference between brown, black, and hazel eyes that's just too noticeable to ignore.

Last edited:

Battra

I'm digging the artistic opening they got for the series. I liked how they opened this instead of Ash preparing to leave on his own for a new region, he's taking a vacation with his mom & Oak. So Shooti, he's the Isshu version of Todd but with a personality akin to Gary & Paul. Also it look's as if Ash got a makeover in the design department, he's looking abit thinner than in previous seasons. Looking forward to see what develops as the series progresses.

Krizor

Evil Genius
This episode was OK.

I didn't really like the pacing and felt like everything was moving way too fast.

I also didn't like the battle with Shooti. I know Pikachu wasn't at 100%, but it shouldn't be getting KO'd so quickly by a brand new starter after it just tied with a Latios.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I also didn't like the battle with Shooti. I know Pikachu wasn't at 100%, but it shouldn't be getting KO'd so quickly by a brand new starter after it just tied with a Latios.

I couldn't agree more. I liked the episode overall, but the first battle between Ash and Shooti was real disappointing. The one against Paul was much better.

Gold Altaria

Um I'm a bit confused. It looks like it's a new series. Cause normally they show Ash coming back home and stuff. And it looks like he's really short. In the show even mentioned he was still 10 years old.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Um I'm a bit confused. It looks like it's a new series. Cause normally they show Ash coming back home and stuff. And it looks like he's really short. In the show even mentioned he was still 10 years old.

Well you can call it as an unofficial reboot, with the continuity still intact though.

raz1337

Miju Miju!
I'm wondering at which point in the episode was Ash's only Pokemon Pikachu. We saw in DP191 that it was pretty evident with Staraptor and Torterra being there that he had the whole Sinnoh team with him. Does that mean he had Torterra, Infernape, Staraptor, Buizel, and Gible/Gliscor when he landed in Isshu? Or did he ditch them at the lab before he left for Isshu.

Ultimate Glalie

Just noticed something in the episode:

"Flight #151 which departed from Kanto will be arriving shortly."

A nice little reference.
I know it's not very important. Just felt like throwing it out there.

Last edited:

ELECTIVIRE196

i agree with golden altaria.It shows ash getting of his home getting a plane and landing in Unova.With out living his pokemon at the lab or seeing his old ones.he also looks much shorter and younger.And how could picachu who defeated a latios at the sinnoh league being defeated by that shivy that battled for the first time.And i also believe that the absent os Brock is going to make the anime worst

AceTrainerKira

Unbeatable Trainer
UltimateGlalie, nice catch! Also, the Sinnoh team was left in Kanto, he wanted to start fresh, like he always does (He doesn't always succeed, though like in Sinnoh), except for when he started Johto. And Orange, I think. Anyway, Electivire196, I think it was the fact that, at that point, pikachu could not use any of it's electric attacks, and Ash just didn't realize it. And Dent will provide a change from the constant "let's hit on Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny" scenes.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I have a feeling that the new opening may be a remix of the original theme.

Anyway, can't wait for the dub of this and the next episode tomorrow.

AceTrainerKira

Unbeatable Trainer
hol123, I personally hope for a translation of the Japanese theme. Have you heard it? It's good. We'll probably get the *sarcasm alert* WONDERFUL style of songs we get from the dub like last season's. Wasn't that great?*end sarcasm*

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
hol123, I personally hope for a translation of the Japanese theme. Have you heard it? It's good. We'll probably get the *sarcasm alert* WONDERFUL style of songs we get from the dub like last season's. Wasn't that great?*end sarcasm*

I love the japanese theme. It would be cool if it was kept the same.

AceTrainerKira

Unbeatable Trainer
I know, and I hope they do the whole turning the pokemon that have been seen in the show turning from a silohette (really misspelled, lol) into color thing that was really cool in the original.

has anyone noticed in the trailer, at the end when Jessie sends out Woobat, you can VERY briefly hear the music from the Japanese version. another clue that they will be using the same music in the dub? i really hope so, BW has some awesome music.

G50

No longer posting
Japanese Subbed Version comments - Ash's new hat was really cool. Professor Oak's tropical shirt was cool. Zekrom's Thunder hitting Pikachu was epic with the music and sound effects. The Starters looked really cute when released from their Pokeballs. Mijumaru's reaction to Ash saying he was cute was great.

The battle between Ash and Tsutarja was ok... Too bad with Pikachu without electricity he clearly was going to lose. Grass Mixer looked like a really cool attack. Shooti is really a jerk, not as bad as Paul though. The opening before the episode starts was really cool.

Last edited: