• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In The Shadow of Zekrom (660)

AmpharosFanatic

For some reason Ash was acting like a junkie in this episode. He was practically stalking that new trainer. I don't know why but I found it hilarious:D

Crow

liking the new episodes:)

Aegon

What was the opening like? How much of the Japanese opening did they cut? What was the song like? Who was the "Who's That Pokémon"? So many questions. :p

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
I am SO happy, they kept all of the music. This is umprecedented for a season premier. Dogasu's Backpack will be very happy!

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I loved the theme you people complain to much. also I think Trip was Kirbopher

pidove29

What was the opening like? How much of the Japanese opening did they cut? What was the song like? Who was the "Who's That Pokémon"? So many questions. :p -- speed suicune

^^ they cut the scene where pikachu is running, and move everything else, the scene where he meets the bird and fish pokemon is cut. and then the title of the show is in front of the japanese logos. which covers the pokemon. who's that pokemon - pidove the pigeon pokemon.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Pidove and Oshawott for the WTP

Manly Blissey

I thought this was a great start to the Black & White saga. However, the opening sequence was just plain awful; it sounded like a sell-out pop song. The animation was great, though. Of course, it still kept its sense of wonderment in the introduction (i.e. Ash seeing the new region's Pokemon).

I love how the season has already started off with a bang. The ominous cloud of Zekrom created an immediate sense of drama and mystery, and I can't wait to see how it plays into the main storyline. I also love that the show brought back the classic "Who's that Pokemon?" segment before the commercial break. This is a great way for the fans to become more acquainted with the new array of Pokemon.

What I don't like, however, is this Trip kid, which I'm sure is going to be Ash's new rival. He seems like a Paul-esque type of guy - a punk. It pissed me off that he thought defeating Ash and Pikachu was a huge accomplishment, considering Pikachu was having problems. I also found it a bit far-fetched that Snivy even contended with Pikachu - reality should set in a bit more in Pokemon. It's also odd how there was a correlation between Zekrom's cloud and Pikachu's inability to use electricity, as if Pikachu were being punished.

Overall, I found the opening to the new chapter appealing, and I can't wait to see what's in store for the rest of this new journey.

Aegon

Thanks for answering so quickly! One more: what was the theme tune like? I presume there's singing, is it a man or a woman's voice?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Both.

Team Rockets new motto doesn't suck! how cool

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Thanks for answering so quickly! One more: what was the theme tune like? I presume there's singing, is it a man or a woman's voice?

Its a duet. Its short I agree but it doesn't suck. The people who say it sucks are Japanese raw fanboys/girls

pidove29

the theme song is ok, but short, since it's been cut for time and since it also seems the show itself is going practically uncut, i can understand.

Torpoleon

The opening did seem kind of weird, but it doesn't really matter to me. Trip is cool. It is annoying for Ash to have another mean rival, although Trip does seem a little less mean than Paul and he does take photos. Ash losing to Trip isn't surprising since Pikachu seemed to have lost a lot of power and we don't know what prior battles Trip's Snivy might have been in before being obtained by Trip. Professor Oak has bushy eyebrows, wow. "Who's That Pokémon?" was nice to see and it makes sense since Unova is a lot like Kanto.
10/10

Dragonairlover

Was it just me, or was anybody else surprised at the pronunciation of Pidove and Patrat? I thought for sure it was Pih-dove (beggining of Pidgeon and Dove) but it's Pee-dove, and Patrat was Puh-trat and not Pat-rat like I originally thought.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
I love the Tepig. It is so cute. I also like Snivy and its Leaf Tornado attack. I think it is cool to watch.

SmartD

The new adventure in the Unova region begins. We meet Professor Juniper, Trip, and Iris.
And Zekrom appears, zapping Pikachu, I wonder why it did that. And Ash has a rival battle with Trip, but loses. Maybe next time will be better. The episode is really good.

One thing I liked was they brought back the Who's that Pokemon segments, I haven't seen them for very long time. And they used the opening from Japan, I thought they make an opening from episode clips, but they didn't. That's good to know.

Aegon

I found the theme on YouTube: Link.

It's alright, but seems a bit slow and dreary. I'll get used to it. It looks like they're not bothering to leave some Pokémon blacked out, and then revealing them when they're seen in episodes, like the Japanese version. That would have been a lovely touch.

G50

No longer posting
US Version comments -

Opening - Really didn't like it. The way it was formatted made absolutely no sense IMO. They should've kept the "don't show til the Pokemon is aired" feature.

Trip's Voice - Equally good to Shooti's voice.
Iris's Voice - I don't know why, but when she said her name it sounded odd. Other than that I like her voice.
Professor Juniper's Voice - Liked.
Oshawott - sounds like a girl to me... even though it's really a male.
Snivy - Great voice
Tepig (Pokabu) - Sounds like it has a cold... Vocal Cords sound scratchy to me.
Axew (Kibago) - great voice
Animation - I'm really glad they kept it the same, it looks great even without HD.
Music - Sweet! It's the same!
Attacks - The Same! excellent

I'm glad the story wasn't changed 1 bit from what I could tell.

60/100

Last edited:

Grassmen

Novice Breeder
Wow, that opening song is awful. Literally cringed through the entire thing, though the 'black and white' reference was quite nice. Will have to wait for the episode to be uploaded though because I'm from the UK, but it's good to see it's gaining generally positive reviews :)