• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In The Shadow of Zekrom (660)

Koh

Tamer
I really liked these 2 episodes. They didn't quite play out as I had speculated, but as long as Satoshi still gets a Pokabu, I don't care. If I were in Satoshi's place about to battle Shooti, I'dve said "Put the goddamn camera down, and let's battle already!"

Koh

Tamer
I really liked these 2 episodes. They didn't quite play out as I had speculated, but as long as Satoshi still gets a Pokabu, I don't care. If I were in Satoshi's place about to battle Shooti, I'dve said "Put the goddamn camera down, and let's battle already!"

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
What amuses me about Shooti with his camera is that I'd probably do the same. I love taking photos.

Cobalt_Latios

What amuses me about Shooti with his camera is that I'd probably do the same. I love taking photos.
Shooti = Shoot/Camera. Taking pictures.

Also:

Giovani tells Team Rocket to leave their Pokemon behind (except for Mewoth) and catch new ones native to Issue so as to not call attention to themselves since it seems nothing but Isshu region Pokemon exist here.
So that's what was going on. Huh, so I guess that promotion had some interesting unintended side effects.

Holy crap, this is going to take some getting used to, but I'm very intrigued by what will happen next.

So... basically they went to Isshu for a "summit" of sorts, and Ash decides to partake in the Isshu League... or whatever it's called this time?

Wow, they're really taking the whole "Isshu is a country, not just a different region" to really far lengths.

I'm game :D.

C_L

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Great start to the Best Wishes saga.

That part with Zekrom's shadow was so freaking epic and it's cry was seriously sick. I can't wait to see more of it.

Haha, Mijumaru was so freaking cute. I just love it's face when Shooti picked Smugleaf as his starter. Not to mention, it already seems to like Ash a lot and it's following him already. I can tell you already I'm gonna gonna love the little otter. hehe xDD

I really love this episode and I'm looking forward to watching the next episode. It gets a 4.5/5 from me! :D

I wonder if BW can live up to DP in all its glory.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
The animation of Zekrom pulling Pikachu and everything was real awesome. One question though. What caused Zekrom to return Pikachu's electricity?

pokenutter

Warrior of Time
Yeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhh... Anybody ever see Tuck Everlasting? So this is Ash Everlasting? Maybe a Pikachu's shocks freeze your age? Team Rocket'll live forever!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The only thing I hate about this season so far is that Wobbuffet's gone. I'm hoping that later on in the season, Delibird brings him back from headquarters

Mayfan

Wh-hoo!
This. Owns.

I think it's better than DP. Iris is certainly likeable, as is Shooti.

I was blown away by the cuteness of Mijumaru and Tsutarja. You guys were right about the masculine voice o_O

Man, Shooti's Tsutarja is powerful for a starter, look at the strength of that Grass Mixer!

Um, i like the ship/plane hybrid thingy.

Does anyone else think Iris will get Pokabu?

I reaaaaally hope that Ash isn't back to being a newb again.

Confused tho. Did Delia move to Isshu?

ANYWAYS!
Rating: 9/10

Last edited:

TicoPokemonMaster

^ NOP. Oak wanted them to come along on a pokemon professor summit.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
Haha, that was a very nice start. The ep was very entertaining though I didn't like the fact that Ash just lost his very first battle in Isshu, it wouldn't have been much of a problem if Shooti was a nice guy but the guy was super arrogant and annoying, he won by pure luck, damn him! >.<

And why wasn't Mimie with Delia anyway? :/

Last edited:

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
The only thing I hate about this season so far is that Wobbuffet's gone. I'm hoping that later on in the season, Delibird brings him back from headquarters
Wobbuffet was poorly used in Sinnoh. Often it seemed like a last minute addition to the footage to fit it in. All it really did was pop out of it's Pokeball and yell it's name. In Johto and a bit of Hoenn it bothered Team Rocket and even blew their cover but here it just appears and doesn't really do anything.

I liked Wobbuffet but like Brock it had overstayed it's welcome and it's better it leave leaving fond memories than stay and get annoying for viewers rather than characters.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I think Mijumaru was way too showcased NOT to be owned by Ash... Pokabu kinda dissapeared after Ash left the lab... well thats cos it didn't run off or whatever. Overall.. good start. I'm glad they didn't do the "omg you broke my bike" thing again.. truly shows that its a fresh start.

Ace Trainer Star

The Lazy Trainer
I....Thought this episode was OK. I liked the second one more. Nothing happened here that we didn't know about already...

WAIT,WHAT?!?!
Ash has been confirmed as still 10?!?!
That makes no sense, he should be at least 11, due to there being way more than 365 episodes.
There's only one logical explanation. A year on PokeEarth is much, much longer than a RL year. Like as long as this series lasts >_<.

Speaking of pokeearth... Anyone else notice Isshu on the globe at the beginning?
It's HUGE. No wonder they're acting like it's its own country...

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I just wonder that how they'll bring Hoenn poke'mon to Issuh, considering there are RS remakes. And as for the age problem, we all know that Ash isn't likely to age any time soon. BW did bring hopes that Ash would look older, but all that went down the drain.

dougtrio

- Giovani tells Team Rocket to leave their Pokemon behind (except for Mewoth) and catch new ones native to Issue so as to not call attention to themselves since it seems nothing but Isshu region Pokemon exist here.

OKAY, there are so many things wrong with this explanation that I don't know where to begin with.

1.) What makes Meowth the exception to this? He's not native to the land, what does he bring to the table in Isshu, that others don't besides speaking english(and even then Meowth's english speaking would draw attention to him)?

2.) Using their old pokemon brings attention to themselves but being criminals and commiting criminal activity DOESN'T?

3.) Why should Giovanni care if their old pokemon call attention to them?

This is quite possibly one of the stupidest explanations for taking away J & J's five pokemon, considering the contradictions. Yeah this isn't giving me much faith for this season.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Meowth is an important part of TR, and removing him would be as good as removing either Jessie or James. The trio won't be the same if anyone of them gets removed from the show, so they couldn't have just let Meowth stay with the others.
And I think what Giovanni is talking about the criminal attention stuff, is basically that they can be spotted more easily if they are seen with poke'mon not native to Isshu(although I have to contradict myself that there uniforms work just as well as the poke'mon).

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
OKAY, there are so many things wrong with this explanation that I don't know where to begin with.

1.) What makes Meowth the exception to this? He's not native to the land, what does he bring to the table in Isshu, that others don't besides speaking english(and even then Meowth's english speaking would draw attention to him)?

2.) Using their old pokemon brings attention to themselves but being criminals and commiting criminal activity DOESN'T?

3.) Why should Giovanni care if their old pokemon call attention to them?

This is quite possibly one of the stupidest explanations for taking away J & J's five pokemon, considering the contradictions. Yeah this isn't giving me much faith for this season.

Meowth isn't just another TR capture though... He's a member of the organization, Giovanni couldn't exactly fire him just because his species isn't native to Isshu.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Plus as I said in another thread Meowth spends a fair amount of time dressed as humans or different Pokemon.