• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In The Shadow of Zekrom (660)

AceTrainerKira

Unbeatable Trainer
In my head, Ash is at least thirteen. He went through Kanto and Orange in the same year and started Johto. He turned 11 around the halfway point of Johto, and then got to the fifth Hoenn gym before he turned 12. He's thirteen about the time he's fighting Fantina in Sinnoh, and he's still 13.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
yet they still call the league a yearly event
Ash hasn't competed in the same league twice. Why would all these leagues be happening at the exact same time?

In my head, Ash is at least thirteen. He went through Kanto and Orange in the same year and started Johto. He turned 11 around the halfway point of Johto, and then got to the fifth Hoenn gym before he turned 12. He's thirteen about the time he's fighting Fantina in Sinnoh, and he's still 13.
Don't try and think of it logically Spock. Think of the timeline like the Simpsons.

Weezing110

Disney Master
I thought the new series was really good, except I didn't like how they made Ash seems all stupid again starting a new journey. For example how he threw his pokeball with out weakening the Pokemon first! Come on he should of already known that! Other then that I like the series so far. All good voices, better theme song then Sinnoh League Victors, brought back "who's that Pokemon?", and Iris is a lot better then Dawn or May! Can't wait to see the more of the series!

Cobalt_Latios

I thought the new series was really good, except I didn't like how they made Ash seems all stupid again starting a new journey. For example how he threw his pokeball with out weakening the Pokemon first! Come on he should of already known that!
He's just very excited. C'mon, don't tell you'd forget basic things while being overly excited for new stuff.

/CL

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy

All this against the announcer saying Ash is 10, I think I will go for the announcer of the show and say he is 10.

Vipsoccermaster

Just watched this. It was a fine episode, but the opening was sort of bland. As for the episode itself, it was nice to see the starters. Too bad Ash lost to Trip, thanks to Pikachu's lack of electricity.

SneaselClaw

Just watched this. It was a fine episode, but the opening was sort of bland. As for the episode itself, it was nice to see the starters. Too bad Ash lost to Trip, thanks to Pikachu's lack of electricity.

Well there needed to be some way of making Pikachu weaker again. By any standards Pikachu should be near enough to level 100 by now, but at the beginning of each region (bar Johto) Pikachu's had something happen that makes her about the same strength as the region starters.
That's how I've always seen it at least.

I found it strange how Ash is acting like a complete novice to Pokemon, but it really drives home the "fresh start" feeling the writers are going for. It was a good episode, and I'm really liking the nostalgia feeling from "Who's that Pokemon?"

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
After all this time, The dub is as perfect as it's going to be. (Can't expect them to keep the japanese opening)

All the voices were terrific (Yes, even professor Oak grew on me)

And the best thing about the episode, Every single piece of BGM was kept.

10/10

Btw, Did TCPi's Delia always sound that good?

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Well there needed to be some way of making Pikachu weaker again. By any standards Pikachu should be near enough to level 100 by now, but at the beginning of each region (bar Johto) Pikachu's had something happen that makes her about the same strength as the region starters.
That's how I've always seen it at least.

Pikachu is male.

Shadow XD001

This episode was great! The designs look very cool, and I liked the BGM. Nice to see Ash starting with some new clothes (liked them better than Sinnoh, imo), and in a new region! I know Pikachu lost its electricity thanks to Zekrom, but I was surprised when Iron Tail missed Snivy. I don't think Professors train the starters that much. I'm not surprised Trip won, the writers will always make the main rival beat Ash in a one-on-one battle against him with their starters. Anyway, I didn't like the theme song, because it just seemed pointless due to the length.

Episode Rating: 9/10

matt0044

I haven't been this pleasantly surprised since Vegeta yelled the OVER 9000 line on the tv dub of Kai.

That's it! I haven't enjoyed a dub this good since Dragon Ball Z Kai.

And that's really saying something.

Rebeccag

Good start love the new starters think I would have picked either Snivy or tepig but thats just me knew Ash would lose even though Pikachus much stronger even with loss of electrity loved Delia and profsesor oak in the episode again and love Professor Junpier as well.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
There are two things I noticed after a rewatch of the episode (this may also apply for episode two).

Is it just me, but is there suddenly a thing where almost everything has to end in 'Ya know?' if it continues I think it will annoy me, but I hope its just something that happened.

Also, in this episode I found there was a few areas where I was expecting Brock to pop up and say what he says and he didn't show. Like with the battle with Trip when Pikachu couldn't use his electric type moves he would have stopped the match and told Ash to get straight to Professor Juniper and if not then this would have occured straight after the battle because Brock would have been concerned. I miss him already :(.