1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

In which generation did you start playing Pokémon?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by NovaBrunswick, Mar 2, 2018.

?

In which generation did you first get into Pokémon?

1. Gen 1 (Kanto)

80 vote(s)
    57.6%
  2. Gen 2 (Johto)

21 vote(s)
    15.1%
  3. Gen 3 (Hoenn)

18 vote(s)
    12.9%
  4. Gen 4 (Sinnoh)

15 vote(s)
    10.8%
  5. Gen 5 (Unova)

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  6. Gen 6 (Kalos)

5 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. Gen 7 (Alola)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

Pretty much self-explanatory - which gen did you first get into Pokémon?

Me, I started with Gen 2, and my first Pokémon game was Silver. (It was actually one of my cousins', but he let me keep it.)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  2. Scammel

Scammel Well-Known Member

My first video game was Gold, but the curious thing about the Gen 1 craze was that the video games played comparatively little part in it - it was much more driven by the show and especially the cards. My bedroom drawers are still covered with stickers from 1999.

MewsTruck and NovaBrunswick like this.
  3. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 The Unbeatable Magician

I started with GenI and my first game was Red. Later though I skipped one generation from the games so I never played the GSC games.

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  4. NovaBrunswick

You did play HG/SS, though?

5. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 The Unbeatable Magician

Yeah I did and it's one of my favourites. I was referring to the original games that came out during the GenII period.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  6. kikaitoplush

kikaitoplush New Member

I started with Gen 1

7. Judge Mandolore Shepard

Judge Mandolore Shepard Spectre Agent

I started with the Gen I games since my first game was Blue

8. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

I started playing right when Diamond and Pearl were released. One of my childhood friends got me into Pokemon, so I started watching the anime series and then got the DP games. It's because of this that I'm overly excited for DP remakes when they happen. I can't wait to relive my first games again.

9. NovaBrunswick

I'd love to see Sinnoh with Gen 6 and 7-style 3D graphics and models. (Preferably the Gen 7 full-size models, since the Gen 6 ones are chibified.) The mountains would look amazing, and we could be able to see the whole region from the summit of Mt. Coronet.

Sinnoh definitely needs more love out of all the regions.

Sceptile Leaf Blade likes this.
  10. Scammel

Scammel Well-Known Member

I remember attending a Comicon when OR/AS were released. A woman with a pair of six-year olds approached the GBAs featuring R/S demo battles: "Look, these were the games your older brother played when he was your age". Damn, that made me feel old.

11. Daniel31

Daniel31 HopingGaryReturns

I started with Gen 1 and Red was my first game. I still remember my friends and I, battling each other, via the link cable. I also remember buying Yellow when it first out, because I just had to have this little electric mouse follow me around throughout the game. What fun that was. :p

12. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

I got into the franchise during Generation 2, but I started playing the games in Generation 3. Pokemon Sapphire was my first game

13. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

My first Pokemon game was FireRed, so I started with Generation III. Then I played through Ruby and got into the franchise.

14. Genos

Genos *sigh* Summertime

Gen I

Where it all began

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  15. GarchompTheAssassin

GarchompTheAssassin Squirtle was Ash's 1st choice

Started with Gen 1 (Yellow) but it was at the time Ruby and Sapphire were out

16. mew 2000

mew 2000 Shiny Celebi

Gen 3 but it was fire red. Chirstmas day 2004 I believe I was 6. Chose Charmander still have that Gameboy and a fire red version but not the same.onr I started with.

17. Weavy

Weavy Usually silent

The first. Pokémon was a big part of my childhood and I still continue to like it to this day (Although back in the day I felt somewhat alienated because I felt I was one of the only females who liked it). I think the first game I got was Blue because it's my favourite colour.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  18. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

I started by playing a bit of Japanese Sapphire on a cousin's GBA and a bit of Green (the first Pokémon games I played were in Japanese) and that happened during Gen 3 so I technically started during the third generation. It wasn't until the fourth generation that I really got into Pokémon.

19. grassfire101

grassfire101 Member

I started playing Pokemon in Generation 3 with Sapphire when my friend gave me his game.

20. pokedigijedi

pokedigijedi Saiyan Jedi

I am older than the hills I started out back in the good old Gen 1