• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In which generation did you start playing Pokémon?

In which generation did you first get into Pokémon?

• Gen 1 (Kanto)

Votes: 98 54.7%
  • Gen 2 (Johto)

Votes: 30 16.8%
  • Gen 3 (Hoenn)

Votes: 27 15.1%
  • Gen 4 (Sinnoh)

Votes: 19 10.6%
  • Gen 5 (Unova)

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Gen 6 (Kalos)

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Gen 7 (Alola)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gen 8 (Galar)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Pretty much self-explanatory - which gen did you first get into Pokémon?

Me, I started with Gen 2, and my first Pokémon game was Silver. (It was actually one of my cousins', but he let me keep it.)

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I started with GenI and my first game was Red. Later though I skipped one generation from the games so I never played the GSC games.

You did play HG/SS, though?

I started playing right when Diamond and Pearl were released. One of my childhood friends got me into Pokemon, so I started watching the anime series and then got the DP games. It's because of this that I'm overly excited for DP remakes when they happen. I can't wait to relive my first games again.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I started playing right when Diamond and Pearl were released. One of my childhood friends got me into Pokemon, so I started watching the anime series and then got the DP games. It's because of this that I'm overly excited for DP remakes when they happen. I can't wait to relive my first games again.

I'd love to see Sinnoh with Gen 6 and 7-style 3D graphics and models. (Preferably the Gen 7 full-size models, since the Gen 6 ones are chibified.) The mountains would look amazing, and we could be able to see the whole region from the summit of Mt. Coronet.

Sinnoh definitely needs more love out of all the regions.

Scammel

I remember attending a Comicon when OR/AS were released. A woman with a pair of six-year olds approached the GBAs featuring R/S demo battles: "Look, these were the games your older brother played when he was your age". Damn, that made me feel old.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I started with Gen 1 and Red was my first game. I still remember my friends and I, battling each other, via the link cable. I also remember buying Yellow when it first out, because I just had to have this little electric mouse follow me around throughout the game. What fun that was. :p

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I got into the franchise during Generation 2, but I started playing the games in Generation 3. Pokemon Sapphire was my first game

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
Gen 3 but it was fire red. Chirstmas day 2004 I believe I was 6. Chose Charmander still have that Gameboy and a fire red version but not the same.onr I started with.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
The first. Pokémon was a big part of my childhood and I still continue to like it to this day (Although back in the day I felt somewhat alienated because I felt I was one of the only females who liked it). I think the first game I got was Blue because it's my favourite colour.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I started by playing a bit of Japanese Sapphire on a cousin's GBA and a bit of Green (the first Pokémon games I played were in Japanese) and that happened during Gen 3 so I technically started during the third generation. It wasn't until the fourth generation that I really got into Pokémon.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I am older than the hills I started out back in the good old Gen 1