• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In which generation did you start playing Pokémon?

In which generation did you first get into Pokémon?

• Gen 1 (Kanto)

Votes: 98 54.7%
  • Gen 2 (Johto)

Votes: 30 16.8%
  • Gen 3 (Hoenn)

Votes: 27 15.1%
  • Gen 4 (Sinnoh)

Votes: 19 10.6%
  • Gen 5 (Unova)

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Gen 6 (Kalos)

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Gen 7 (Alola)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gen 8 (Galar)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

M.E.R.255

Triangle Face
The first Pokémon game I played was Pokémon Blue - Generation 1. ^^
I saw no commercials or advertisements about the game, I just thought "Ooh! That's a cool box with a bit turtle on it!" and that's how I got into playing it. XDDD

Lost the game and my Game Boy 2x at Burger King (no clue how I accomplished that one), so I had to replay it 3x in order to beat it... (I was a dumb child)

I’m a rare case of Gen 6 here. I bought Omega Ruby in early 2016 after seeing someone play it on YouTube and going “that looks cute as hell”. Cue the obsession with it I still have to this day.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Gen 1. My older brother was the first to get a Gameboy Color, with Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow. I didn't really get to play much, until one day, he told me to finish the Rocket hideout and beat Giovanni in Yellow, which I did. After that, I loved it so much that I used to play the Gameboy majority of the time. And the rest is history after that, as I've been a lifelong fan of the franchise since then.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Gen 2 with Pokemon Silver. I didn't have a Pokemon game, and I played my older sister's game once and choose Squirtle and beat Brock.

I didn't get Pokemon Silver at first, but I got it soon after and loved it.

DR.gonzo

Gen 1. With Pokémon blue been my first game

M.P.

Retired
Gen IV with Diamond and Pearl. Had been a Pokemon fan even before that, through anime and TCG.

oshawott7

cat burgler
Gen I.
I remember thinking I had to faint the Pokemon to catch them because that's what they do in the anime. I was so frustrated because I didn't understand what I was doing wrong lol my cousin had to help me...

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I started with a used Sapphire. Third gen is still my favorite generation to this day, as it was my first. :)

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I started with a used Sapphire. Third gen is still my favorite generation to this day, as it was my first. :)

It's one of my favourite gens too, tied with Gen 2 and along with Gens 4 and 7.

Feraligatr239

Ah, fond memories. The first game I played was Gold. And my starter was Totodile. But the generation that really got me into the game was Gen 4. My best friend and I bought Diamond and Pearl, and Heartgold is by far one of my favorites. I'm so excited about D/P remakes for the switch.

The first game I played was Pokémon Blue, for my 7th birthday back in 1999. It was in the middle of the pokémon craze here so basically everyone who had a gameboy had Red or Blue. I got Red later that year for Christmas including a link cable and other GBC accessories.

c1234

Trainer Since '98
Generation 1. I got my first game (Red version) when it came out in 1998. I haven't stopped playing!