1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

In which generation did you start playing Pokémon?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by NovaBrunswick, Mar 2, 2018.

?

In which generation did you first get into Pokémon?

1. Gen 1 (Kanto)

98 vote(s)
    54.7%
  2. Gen 2 (Johto)

30 vote(s)
    16.8%
  3. Gen 3 (Hoenn)

27 vote(s)
    15.1%
  4. Gen 4 (Sinnoh)

19 vote(s)
    10.6%
  5. Gen 5 (Unova)

4 vote(s)
    2.2%
  6. Gen 6 (Kalos)

5 vote(s)
    2.8%
  7. Gen 7 (Alola)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Gen 8 (Galar)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tiger21820

Tiger21820 Master of Fire & Ice

I started playing Pokémon a few years after red & blue came out.

The version I got was the blue version.

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  2. Kung Fu Ferret

Kung Fu Ferret The Usurper

My first Pokemon game was snap, but Yellow was my first main game experience.

3. M.E.R.255

M.E.R.255 Triangle Face

The first Pokémon game I played was Pokémon Blue - Generation 1. ^^
    I saw no commercials or advertisements about the game, I just thought "Ooh! That's a cool box with a bit turtle on it!" and that's how I got into playing it. XDDD

Lost the game and my Game Boy 2x at Burger King (no clue how I accomplished that one), so I had to replay it 3x in order to beat it... (I was a dumb child)

4. raichu27

raichu27 Well-Known Member

Gen 1 sometime after it came out. Those were some good times.

5. I’m a rare case of Gen 6 here. I bought Omega Ruby in early 2016 after seeing someone play it on YouTube and going “that looks cute as hell”. Cue the obsession with it I still have to this day.

6. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi Gold Experience

Gen 1. My older brother was the first to get a Gameboy Color, with Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow. I didn't really get to play much, until one day, he told me to finish the Rocket hideout and beat Giovanni in Yellow, which I did. After that, I loved it so much that I used to play the Gameboy majority of the time. And the rest is history after that, as I've been a lifelong fan of the franchise since then.

7. Auraninja

Auraninja Try to understand.

Gen 2 with Pokemon Silver. I didn't have a Pokemon game, and I played my older sister's game once and choose Squirtle and beat Brock.

I didn't get Pokemon Silver at first, but I got it soon after and loved it.

8. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

Silver was my first game, (just narrowly beating out Sapphire by about two months), so Gen II for me. :3

9. DR.gonzo

DR.gonzo Well-Known Member

Gen 1. With Pokémon blue been my first game

10. M.P.

M.P. Retired

Gen IV with Diamond and Pearl. Had been a Pokemon fan even before that, through anime and TCG.

11. oshawott7

oshawott7 cat burgler

Gen I.
    I remember thinking I had to faint the Pokemon to catch them because that's what they do in the anime. I was so frustrated because I didn't understand what I was doing wrong lol my cousin had to help me...

12. LusoTrainer

LusoTrainer Retro Trainer

Started with Pokémon Red, Christmas of 1999.

13. WildHennaCharizard

WildHennaCharizard Well-Known Member

I started playing from the very beginning, gen 1; Pokemon blue my starter charmander.

14. LiepardTrainer

LiepardTrainer *grooming n' purring*

The first Pokemon game I played was Fire Red, not sure what happened to it, lost it long ago along with Ruby when my family moved homes

15. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

I started with a used Sapphire. Third gen is still my favorite generation to this day, as it was my first. :)

16. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

It's one of my favourite gens too, tied with Gen 2 and along with Gens 4 and 7.

17. Feraligatr239

Feraligatr239 New Member

Ah, fond memories. The first game I played was Gold. And my starter was Totodile. But the generation that really got me into the game was Gen 4. My best friend and I bought Diamond and Pearl, and Heartgold is by far one of my favorites. I'm so excited about D/P remakes for the switch.

18. The first game I played was Pokémon Blue, for my 7th birthday back in 1999. It was in the middle of the pokémon craze here so basically everyone who had a gameboy had Red or Blue. I got Red later that year for Christmas including a link cable and other GBC accessories.

19. c1234

c1234 Trainer Since '98

Generation 1. I got my first game (Red version) when it came out in 1998. I haven't stopped playing!

20. MayTrainer

MayTrainer Demon Buster Trainee

Started with gen 1 (got Red) when it was released in Europe... after that I played every generation came out!