• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In which generation did you start playing Pokémon?

In which generation did you first get into Pokémon?

• Gen 1 (Kanto)

Votes: 98 54.7%
  • Gen 2 (Johto)

Votes: 30 16.8%
  • Gen 3 (Hoenn)

Votes: 27 15.1%
  • Gen 4 (Sinnoh)

Votes: 19 10.6%
  • Gen 5 (Unova)

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Gen 6 (Kalos)

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Gen 7 (Alola)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gen 8 (Galar)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I started playing Pokemon when Diamond and Pearl first released. One day I was really bored and decided to look at Pokemon on TV even though I knew nothing about it. I got hooked on the D/P series and a few months later I decided to try the game out. Pokemon Diamond was my first game, but I've lost my original game cart when I was a kid. It was my prized possession too...

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
I've been a fan of the series since probably Gen IV/V, but thanks mostly to not owning a DS for a while, the first main series game I played was Alpha Sapphire. I was super-into the series for a while, but I kind of lost interest in the games after completing the story of Ultra Moon. I still love the series, but I'm not as obsessed with it as I used to be.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Gen 3 to be honest. The only generation I've yet to play is II ironically (Since Johto is my favorite region to date)

Chiaki Bunny

Get In The Bag, Nebby!
I actually feel embarrassed to admit it, but I started to play Pokémon around Gen. 7... However, I still kept myself updated with the anime ever since Ash met Pikachu! So, since I loved it so much, I decided to give Pokémon Crystal a try last year for the first time! (What a way to introduce myself to the "gaming world" of Pokémon!) :p

Gen. III/IV are my favorites now, easily.

I used to play D/P with my cousin but my first game was Black and White. I accidentally asked my uncle and mother for one and they both got different versions. I didn't finish it until 2015 so I guess the first game I finished was X and Y

Daizy

I call you honey
I began late in Gen 2 when Crystal was released. I still own that game even though it no longer functions. Man I loved the Gen 2 era so much though. :)

Cool Rafe

Cold & Anti-social
Started as a 9-year old with Red and Blue version back in 1999 and have never missed a single game of the main series since. My favourite would have to be the Hoenn region and Emerald was such an awesome game. Still hooked on ORAS till this day.

Rin-chan

1st played was Platinum but 1st game that was my own would be White and currently I think my favourite region has to be either Sinnoh or Unova but haven't played enough Y or Sun/Ultra Sun to know what I really feel about Kalos and Alola

WalesNote

Red/Blue, one of them, but not sure which I had. Then it was Yellow.

I remember playing Silver while I was in the hospital, and was really excited for the third generation. I was all over the 4th gen as soon as it was announced, and 5th gen, too.

6th not so much, but 7th I loved, though not as much as 4th and 5th.

MewsTruck

Started with red and blue. In 1st grade for my birthday i was 5 and was given 2 gameboy colors, the purple, and both red and blue pokemon. Didn't really play it for a year or little less cause i didnt know what to do, was just stuck in viridian city. I still remember bringing my gameboy to school and watched my friend play his blue version and seeing him get oaks parcel and then catch pokemon. Ever since then, its been on. And then GSC came out and thats when i lost my mind... gen 1 nostalgic but gen 2 best times

Missingno.Fan

I first got into Pokémon when it first came to the US, but I kind of lose interest until a new generation comes out.

Ariki

I started playing with gen 1 in 1998. I fell away for the start of gen 3 because I couldn’t transfer my then living dex into gen 3 and also because I didn’t like the designs of gen 3 Pokemon.

LeafGreen got me back into the series and I continued from there all the way through to gen 5. While waiting for HeartGold to release I went back to gen 3 and played Sapphire and Emerald. I took a break in gen 6 and then came back for gen 7. Once I finished Sun I went back to gen 6 to keep me busy until I got ultrasun.

Now I’m building a new living dex, with 346 Pokemon so far in Pokebank. I’m replaying my gen 3 games atm catching Pokemon to add to my living dex. So far most of
the Pokemon in the Pokebank are from the Kanto and Hoenn regions, sourced mainly from the gen 3 games with a sprinkling of other ‘mons from other generations and regions.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I started in like 2001 or something with a copy of Silver. Dont have it anymore, but I don't mind. Those were the days, though - it wasn't until Alola came around that any games came close to Gen 2 and Gen 3 for me.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Got into the franchise when I was like stupidly young but didn’t play a Pokémon game on my own until LeafGreen. DP then came out and I played Pearl to death while buying a copy of Sapphire. I got Platinum for Christmas and it remains my favorite Pokémon game tied with BW2 to date even though I lost it. ;__;

HGSS came and I hated those installments and BW1 reinvigorated my love for the franchise and at that point Gen IV and V were my favorite generations to date (not including HGSS) and they still are! Gen VI was OK but didn’t live up to the DS games imo and while I personally think Gen VII was a step in the right direction in some ways, they still pale in comparison to the aforementioned generations I mentioned imo.

Echo Nacyl

I got into Pokemon back in 1st gen with the TCG and the TV show. I did not, however, have the ability to play the games. It wasn't until some time later that I got my hands on a Gold Version and a borrowed GBA and finally got to play a game. So, I guess I started playing in Gen 2, but I would've sooner if I could've.

PirateKing

I have a strange history. I was a massive fan since Day 1 Episode 1 of the anime, which got me into the franchise, loved everything about it, from the characters to the humor and especially the original 150, which I took so much time learning about every single detail about....but for some reason it never occurred to little me that "Hey, this is my favorite show, maybe I should try out the games too!" I think for the most part, I never knew what the concept of the games were which is why I never tried them until one day, my friend was talking about Sapphire and the way he described it blew my mind.
"Wait, YOU CAN ACTUALLY CATCH AND TRAIN THE POKEMON YOURSELF, AND TRAVEL TO THE CITIES IN THE SHOW!!!??? HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS!"
That Christmas, I went and got Sapphire and was positively hooked, was everything I ever dreamed about, and stayed with the franchise to this day.

Tl;DR I was a genwunner that started with Gen 3