• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In which saga did you like Ash the best and why ?

Your favourite Ash ?

• Kanto Ash

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • Johto Ash

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Hoenn Ash

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • DP Ash

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • BW Ash

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • XY Ash

Votes: 38 37.6%

• Total voters

Shooti

Uber Trainer
Out of all the 6 regions Ash travelled in, at what point did you like him the best and why ?

My pick would be XY Ash. My reasons :

-I prefer serious Ash to a goofy one.
-He seems to be more strategic than ever to me full of confidence using unorthodox plans to emerge victorious in many of his gym battles.
-Favourite regional pokemon team.
-His interactions with Serena and Clemont.
-Synchronisation bond with Greninja.
-Favourite outfit.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
I think I like DP Ash the most:
- He is always thriving to get better (probably because he wants to catch up to Paul)
- He learns from his past mistake and improves upon it
- Recurring strategies and movement to aid him in battle
- Learns from others and implements it into his own battle
- Interaction with Dawn
- His bitter but respectable rivalry with Paul

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Hoenn Ash because him as a character was balanced out,being mature,serious,and still glimpses of his old self is a great combination.This is also where I think he showed the most passion for battling.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Sinnoh because Ash has been made to be a strong trainer but not too strong. Kalos unfortunately made him a bit too OP when Ash-Greninja and league came into the picture.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Battle Frontier and DP Ash because they were steadily progressing and not reset like BW Ash or randomly overpowered and almost gary stu-like like XY Ash.

kaitlynbrannan

shiny hunter <3
either dp ash or xy ash. i really like how mature he is in xy, but i do miss his goofy character back in kanto

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Kanto Ash was great because he was a flawed hero. He had his imperfections; he was cocky, hasty, and headstrong. These characteristics were contrasted by his passion, courage, and unparalleled love for his Pokemon. His character actually had depth and he definitely matured over the course of the saga. Additionally, he was extremely entertaining. I feel Ash's character gets more and more plastic with every saga. I do like that XY Ash is like an awesome action hero, but outside of action he has about as much personality as a plank of wood.

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I picked Hoenn. I loved Ash in all the series but the most I loved him (personality wise) was Hoenn & BW.

Hoenn, because of the perfect mix between his maturity/wise side and his adventurous & childish side.

BW, because I couldn't bear seeing Ash being so depressed, angry, & serious. Sure he was an amazing battler and learned from his mistakes, thus progrerssively getting better but personality wise, he was a stoic, boring person. That's why I loved seeing him happy, carefree, trying new things and being excited, acting like his age, and showing off his wacky side like back in his OS days. The only bad part was that he was horrible at battling & his Pokémon suffered under developed development but at least he was catching em' all! :D

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

I enjoy every version of Ash, I think I like mature bad *** Ash the best so it'd be a tie Ash AG - Ash DP - Ash XY.

I hope they keep XY Ash to the next region too.

Navin

MALDREAD
AG/BF and DP Ash were my favorite incarnations.

That being said, I liked the character progression and growth from OS-DP-(ignore BW)-XY (I could see XY Ash a possible post-DP). I wouldn't want the writers to make him go backwards just for what's liked the most. Sun&Moon Ash should be like post-DP/XY Ash.

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
Why is DP AND XY ash so overrated, I'll never understand. DP he had little personally, and XY, his personality transformed into typical main shonnen guy who is less uniqe than goku & naruto combined.

My opinion: OS > hoenn > DP = XY > BW

BW ash had no personality beyond stupid. Iris's catch phrase should have been 'your such a moron!' He acted like a brain-damaged idiot, not a kid. Making mistakes he learned about in kanto & has been using skills throughout his travels =\= him being childish.

Hoenn one could say he's in a good middle of 'matured' and still being a bit like his 10 yr old self. That's good and all, but he still lost some of his personality walking onto hoenn. Luckily, it wasn't too harsh of a blow on his personality like later on.

Kanto: yes he was whinny. Yes he was self-centered. Yes he was overconfident. And yes he was a 'stupid' (HE WAS A NEWB THEN THERE WAS NO EXCUSE FOR BW ASH). But there is no time beyond OS ash that made me relate, laugh, & cry. Ash is no where near BA like he was in 'Snow Way Out!' He was going to sacrifice his life for more than just pikachu!

DP & XY(Z) ash is kinda tied. They show little personality at least without too much reliance on destroying his past learnings like BW ash. DP at least have ash get irratated and (take of this next part as you will) had ash wanting to be friendly with Paul dispite his disagreements with his tactics. XY(Z) is little flawed, only one time has he really done anything 'wrong,' or negatively looked upon by show, and rarely shows his childlike side & when he does, it's more of him being stupid ex: him trying to run on water. And like I pointed out, he's just a lazy copy of a typical shonnen male character with nothing interesting of his own what so ever.

I don't care if ash wins an entire leauge, catches all the legands of the world, or gets a gf. If he's bland, I honestly don't like his character.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
DP Ash and XY Ash in the lead as they should be.

But anyway, it's DP Ash. I like his more mature side being dominant but still having that naive and book dumb side creep up every now and then. He is much more interesting that way. I also liked how he took things more seriously when he was struggling with something. I will never forget that Lake Acuity battle and the depression that occurred after it. In XY it's pretty much just the mature side, in AG it's more evenly balanced, and in OS, he was just a flat out annoying moron. Much like Team Rocket...And also like Team Rocket, it got stale and boring really quickly. And I'd prefer not to even speak on BW.

Ominous Wind

As a kid, OS Ash was funny. But right now, I wouldn't like him.

I'll have to agree that DP is where Ash feels more balanced in his character traits.

Soniman

Break the Limit
AG Ash is pretty much that perfect blend of all the characteristics that make an optimal ash. Mature, loving and wise but still prone to arrogance, ignorance, saying silly/stupid things, kinda competitve, rash and has a bit of a temper.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
BW ash had no personality beyond stupid. Iris's catch phrase should have been 'your such a moron!' He acted like a brain-damaged idiot, not a kid. Making mistakes he learned about in kanto & has been using skills throughout his travels =\= him being childish.
What?! :O B-but what about C-C-Cameron-chan.

Shooti

Uber Trainer
XY/XYZ Ash getting more votes is no surprise to me, but I expected Kato Ash or Original Series Ash to get more votes. Even BW Ash has more votes than Original Series Ash as of now.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
XY/XYZ Ash getting more votes is no surprise to me, but I expected Kato Ash or Original Series Ash to get more votes. Even BW Ash has more votes than Original Series Ash as of now.

Has a lot to do with Kanto Ash not being on the TV screen for 16 years. I bet over half this board wasn't even alive when Ash was in Kanto haha