• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In which saga did you like Ash the best and why ?

Your favourite Ash ?

• Kanto Ash

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • Johto Ash

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Hoenn Ash

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • DP Ash

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • BW Ash

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • XY Ash

Votes: 38 37.6%

• Total voters

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
XY/XYZ Ash. He actually can balance strong, mature and goofy, and he's actually a positive influence to his companions, encouraging them to improve and chase their objectives. I really like that side of him in XY/XYZ. Also:

- Have plots/arcs actually focused on him for a change;
- First final team with no critters aside pikachu;
- His out of the box strategies are in its best, with some of the best battles to date;
- Bond evolution.

DP Ash is my second favorite, because he's hard working and darting, but something bothered me about his rivalry with Paul. Not (only) about Paul overpowered him as hell for the entire saga and Ash win just at the very end, but about Ash's answer to Paul's always best him is searching some common ground instead the obvious (more evolved pokemon and discipline, as hard as it was).

AG Ash was a great improve to his time, but not so much. I'm glad OS Ash is in the past. And almost everyone agree is better think BW Ash never happened.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Has a lot to do with Kanto Ash not being on the TV screen for 16 years. I bet over half this board wasn't even alive when Ash was in Kanto haha

I've been watching since the first episode (dubbed obviously) was on and I still voted xy ash because honestly even though I have nostalgia for OS ash, a lot of what made his character funny was also misty, brock, and TRio's interactions with him and his pokemon and other characters.

I hate saying it but xy ash is honestly the first time it's not embarrassing in any way at all to say I legit like ash as a character.

Shooti

Uber Trainer
It was tight between AG-Ash, DP-Ash and XY-Ash in the beginning but now XY/XYZ-Ash is in the comfortable lead. I really hope people are voting for XY/XYZ Ash for other reasons other than XYZ being the current series.

Has a lot to do with Kanto Ash not being on the TV screen for 16 years. I bet over half this board wasn't even alive when Ash was in Kanto haha

Many people I know who were born later around AG have also watched Original Series (by this I mean first 100-120 episodes, many of them have skipped most of the Johto saga) . I mean c'mon it's the original and has ever powerful nostalgia feels to it. There are multiple places on the internet to watch it.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
I like the OS Ash most. I enjoy the goofy things in life. Serious is boring.

EvanUn0

It's a tie for me. DP Ash and XY Ash. DP Ash had some of the most heart for me. Seeing him with that blend of silliness, kindness, and seriousness (Especially in battle close-ups when the show switched to HD) was amazing. Sure, he made a few silly decisions and judgement calls here and there, but his growth in character certainly made up for it.

XY Ash... Hoo I could be here all day. One thing that makes XY Ash even better for me is how the in-universe characters treat him. It's not just an "I like you" deal. It's an "I want to learn more about you" ordeal, like with Clemont wanting to learn from Ash's confidence.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master

I've been watching since the very beginning. Even went back and rewatched it (as I do with most of my childhood shows) and I really wish I hadn't...He was just incredibly annoying in OS. Like him climbing after that Mankey just to get his hat back was just ridiculous. That kind of goofy is just boring itself in general. And then there was all the bickering he did with nearly everyone. And nostalgia doesn't really do anything for me at all so yeah. Pretty much think all of them are better except BW Ash (and that's mainly because he was reset).

Lionel_B

I feel that Ash has reached the peak of its evolution with Hoenn.

In DP, he has no development, except his relationship with Infernape, everything that defined his personality is only the fallen its Hoenn course.

In BW, they again become a novice to attract young audiences. I can understand the process, but from there, I can not find the character of Ash credible if the writers change his personality radically when they want. So when that Ash will be more silly than in BW ? Otherwise, if there is something I prefer in the BW Ash as the others Ash, it's the clothing.

And XY ... Let's be honest, he's as mature as Hoenn, and I feel that everything we put her to work developpment are just excuses to be able to tell something...

For me, Ash is not the main interest to follow the anime, and that, since 10 years ...

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
I feel that Ash has reached the peak of its evolution with Hoenn.

In DP, he has no development, except his relationship with Infernape, everything that defined his personality is only the fallen its Hoenn course.

In BW, they again become a novice to attract young audiences. I can understand the process, but from there, I can not find the character of Ash credible if the writers change his personality radically when they want. So when that Ash will be more silly than in BW ? Otherwise, if there is something I prefer in the BW Ash as the others Ash, it's the clothing.

And XY ... Let's be honest, he's as mature as Hoenn, and I feel that everything we put her to work developpment are just excuses to be able to tell something...

For me, Ash is not the main interest to follow the anime, and that, since 10 years ...

As a character he's matured the most in XY,as a trainer he's improved the most post-DP.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
I've been watching since the very beginning. Even went back and rewatched it (as I do with most of my childhood shows) and I really wish I hadn't...He was just incredibly annoying in OS. Like him climbing after that Mankey just to get his hat back was just ridiculous. That kind of goofy is just boring itself in general. And then there was all the bickering he did with nearly everyone. And nostalgia doesn't really do anything for me at all so yeah. Pretty much think all of them are better except BW Ash (and that's mainly because he was reset).

Those kind of moments were what made Kanto Ash so great. He had a personality! He was spontaneous! He wasn't the generic anime hero he's been made into in XY. He still shared the same passion, determination, and love for his Pokemon like every incarnation of Ash, but--like what you would expect from a 10-year-old kid--he had flaws and the fruits of these flaws made for some of the show's best moments.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Those kind of moments were what made Kanto Ash so great. He had a personality! He was spontaneous! He wasn't the generic anime hero he's been made into in XY. He still shared the same passion, determination, and love for his Pokemon like every incarnation of Ash, but--like what you would expect from a 10-year-old kid--he had flaws and the fruits of these flaws made for some of the show's best moments.

AG Ash still had a little bit of that while also being a more competent trainer.

Shooti

Uber Trainer
So folks it turned out that XY/XYZ Ash lost the league like all his previous versions did. I really like Ash in XY/XYZ but, he seems too robotic and emotionless at times like his reaction after his defeat to Alain which lacked emotions. It seemed as if he didn't really cared after his loss. It was like ok so I lost great battle and congrats, kk done. What about the promise of winning a league Ash made to his mom ?

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
To me, it is a tie between DP Ash and XY Ash. BW Ash is definitely last in my book.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.

Even if they weren't, so what? From most of what I've seen, most people here are ranged from their mid teens to late 20's. My favorite version of Ash is his AG & BW versions despite his reset. Besides, Kanto Ash is getting more votes than BW Ash now. :\

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
My favourite would have to be DP Ash. I like how he got stronger and was learning off others at the same time as coming up with strategies for the matches. I also enjoyed the development of him in the series.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
DP because Ash actually beat everyone he lost to in the end, and showed how he'd improved over the years being able to take out the Darkrai who swept the entire league and Pikachu tying with a Latios. XY Ash looks like a chump compared to him.

rfpitagoras

ObsesiveAmourshipper
XY:
I LOOOOVE the series. it got so dark so suddenly near the end i LOVED it.
I relly dont dont like the goofier ash, i realy prefer this one