• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In your opinion (no flaming), what is the worst gaming community?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Well I just recently dropped out of this community and it would be the Animal Crossing Community. I mean for a community that is so called "Chill" it still has fans who will still defend their games even if it has flaws that they refuse to admit it. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten attacked for basically giving my honest opinion how I felt about New Horizons when I said how I thought the game was great but still had flaws. Not saying that all AC fans are bad but man I got attacked so much for even sharing flaws that the game had.

I swear some people in that community can be toxic sometimes. Again not saying all AC fans but those others who always say "oh stop complaining about the game" or "oh stop being so negative" are the most toxic I've seen. People are free to express how they feel about the game. If you disagree that fine as long as you respect their opinions. I swear I feel like I get attacked so much for having a different opinion, no matter what I say and how I get treated. I am glad I left that community because it was starting to affect me mentally. I still like Animal Crossing but I don't think I'll be apart of that community again.

I've run into that via a non video game community. The L and O SVU one. There's quite a bit of toxic positivity there. People that don't like when others have their own opinions that counter their own.

The Pokemon community is something, I generally just play the games, but seen enough people who complain and nitpick to high heaven.

Palamon

Silence is Purple

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Sonic. The only fandom worse than Sonic belongs to Steven Universe simply because of what they made an artist do

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Twitter is full of toxic people. You try to have an opinion they will send death threats towards you.
I feel that this statement is slightly reductive. Like, yeah, there are heinous people on twitter, but my experience there has been mostly positive, and that is mostly because I follow people who are, in turn, mostly positive. By "positive", I don't mean singing everything's praises, but not trying to be a drag on other people's opinions and whatnot. Most of Twitter's negativity stems largely by people I don't follow, and I learn to use the block button when needed.

The worst I've experience on twitter was due to the dex cut in mid to late 2019.
However, that's died down, and like I said, I use the block button if need be.

There are sites like k*w*farms that are filled with nothing but hateful people, but twitter is largely what you make out of it.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
The Pokémon fandom's pretty bad. I don't care about the NSFW art of minors, doesn't bother me, but the constant bickering and nitpicking and shouting about tiny issues is running my head over the grass (something that people don't touch often enough).

"OMG Why remove megas? Worst game ever!"
"OMG I can't get every pokemon. Worst game ever!"
"OMG This tree doesn't look right! Worst game ever!"

Like, chill.

You're bothered more by bickering than pedophilia? Your priorities need serious adjustment.

Whenever I see people screaming and ranting about a video game, I always tell them, "There are worse things to be upset about." That is one of them. We should not be turning a blind eye to the sexual depiction of minors, especially within a franchise that has a lot of kid fans. As adults, we should be doing better to ensure the safety of our fandom.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
I feel that this statement is slightly reductive. Like, yeah, there are heinous people on twitter, but my experience there has been mostly positive, and that is mostly because I follow people who are, in turn, mostly positive. By "positive", I don't mean singing everything's praises, but not trying to be a drag on other people's opinions and whatnot. Most of Twitter's negativity stems largely by people I don't follow, and I learn to use the block button when needed.

The worst I've experience on twitter was due to the dex cut in mid to late 2019.
However, that's died down, and like I said, I use the block button if need be.

There are sites like k*w*farms that are filled with nothing but hateful people, but twitter is largely what you make out of it.
There is a difference between seeing people who are always negative and ones who are always positive. Both of them if they are "forced" doesn't make it any better. You try to act all negative people will hate you and if you try to act all positive your mental well being suffers because you're trying not to express how you really feel. I know from experience and I quitted sites who try to force positivity on me because they don't want to hear my honest opinion on certain topics. Maybe you may not see it that way, but I am just speaking from personal experience.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
There is a difference between seeing people who are always negative and ones who are always positive. Both of them if they are "forced" doesn't make it any better. You try to act all negative people will hate you and if you try to act all positive your mental well being suffers because you're trying not to express how you really feel.
I have stated in my earlier post what I meant by positive.

By "positive", I don't mean singing everything's praises, but not trying to be a drag on other people's opinions and whatnot.
So what I really meant was not forcing your opinion on other people.
I know people who weren't the most keen on Xenoblade 2, but I'm not going to fault them on it.

The whole dex cut situation had people tweet "Game Freak lied" and "F*** you Game Freak" that was wholly unneccesary, and I don't think people should assume what goes on behind a closed curtain.

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
That's a pretty suspicious thing to not be bothered by. Not even gonna lie.

Don't have children.
Wasn't planning on it but ok.

Though I think there's a difference between doing this stuff with real children and pictures of fictional characters, I won't press further on the matter.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Wasn't planning on it but ok.

Though I think there's a difference between doing this stuff with real children and pictures of fictional characters, I won't press further on the matter.

I've only ever heard that statement from a particular group of people. Just saying.

This is precisely why I deem the Pokémon fandom the worst. This is what we have to deal with.

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
Getting back to what is the worst community, I do think the Pokémon community is one of the worst, for many things. There are a lot of positives, but also a lot of stupid people randomly hating things without much of a reason behind it.

I see a lot of it on Twitter and Reddit.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Please stop throwing around accusations.

I'm not. You literally said things defenders of p*dophilia say. I strongly suggest you review your statements.

Again, this is a big part of the problem within the Pokémon fandom. Not only do we have people creating and spreading imagery of children in sexual situations, we have people like you who are complacent with it. Those same people who push those images often are abusers. As a survivor of such abuse, I know from experience.

In a sense, I'm glad this altercation occurred. It's forcing the issue to be addressed. It is not okay and it shouldn't be ignored. The Pokémon franchise has enough issues without adding "attracts potential child abusers" to the list.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Ok this thread is getting derailed to the point where it's being shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.