• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

In your opinion (no flaming), what is the worst gaming community?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delibird

If you were to pick any gaming series out there with the most awkward fandom backing it up, what would it be for yourself?

For myself personally, it's definitely Resident Evil.

RE4 is so overrated. Yet people like it as it's instantly good to get to grips with. However, there's so many arguments floating around about if it belongs, or doesn't belong. But I don't think it's just RE fanboys that are spiteful and hard to please. There's others too online. So, can you name these franchises? At least according to your personal opinion.

trentsuki

Trent
For me it would definitely be the Persona community. Especially when it comes to Persona 3-5 fans, the Persona series, in my opinion, is very overrated and people will defend it blindly and for what? Of course not all Persona fans are bad, but I've come across a lot of them that just want to start arguments with everyone. I distanced myself from that community a while back and I've been much happier, I still like Persona but I don't think I will be going back to that community anytime soon.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
Well I just recently dropped out of this community and it would be the Animal Crossing Community. I mean for a community that is so called "Chill" it still has fans who will still defend their games even if it has flaws that they refuse to admit it. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten attacked for basically giving my honest opinion how I felt about New Horizons when I said how I thought the game was great but still had flaws. Not saying that all AC fans are bad but man I got attacked so much for even sharing flaws that the game had.

I swear some people in that community can be toxic sometimes. Again not saying all AC fans but those others who always say "oh stop complaining about the game" or "oh stop being so negative" are the most toxic I've seen. People are free to express how they feel about the game. If you disagree that fine as long as you respect their opinions. I swear I feel like I get attacked so much for having a different opinion, no matter what I say and how I get treated. I am glad I left that community because it was starting to affect me mentally. I still like Animal Crossing but I don't think I'll be apart of that community again.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
My opinion is how harshly the Mass Effect community over the ME3 ending. Those choices you make only mostly affect what allies you have for the last push. It too difficult to determine everything into a more unique paths than 3.

But i did hate the fact that in the Destroy ending which is the most common choice, it kills all technology indiscriminately meaning you can't save the Geth...Which isn't fair if you gained peace between them and Quarians. Along with the implants Cerberus spent reviving Shepard in ME2 he dies as well. And only if you had really high hidden score you get a final breath instead of a hero returning alive after a really long game.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Well I just recently dropped out of this community and it would be the Animal Crossing Community. I mean for a community that is so called "Chill" it still has fans who will still defend their games even if it has flaws that they refuse to admit it. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten attacked for basically giving my honest opinion how I felt about New Horizons when I said how I thought the game was great but still had flaws. Not saying that all AC fans are bad but man I got attacked so much for even sharing flaws that the game had.

I swear some people in that community can be toxic sometimes. Again not saying all AC fans but those others who always say "oh stop complaining about the game" or "oh stop being so negative" are the most toxic I've seen. People are free to express how they feel about the game. If you disagree that fine as long as you respect their opinions. I swear I feel like I get attacked so much for having a different opinion, no matter what I say and how I get treated. I am glad I left that community because it was starting to affect me mentally. I still like Animal Crossing but I don't think I'll be apart of that community again.
On the opposite end, one of the main people who worked on New Horizons was harassed off social media.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Pokémon, hands down.

There is a particular reason why I deem the Pokémon fandom the absolute worst, but given its contents, I will leave it in spoilers.

Being a Pokémon fan who frequents Twitter, I am constantly coming across - and thus having to report - fanart featuring child characters in highly explicit situations. I've even had make a wide statement on Twitter informing everyone that I will be reporting all accounts who post or share explicit imagery of Nemona, following her reveal in the June trailer for Scarlet & Violet. It was that bad.

In addition, I often see fans making explicit statements about child characters, which is very disturbing. Whenever I confront someone, they always give the excuse of, "They're not real," as if that somehow makes it better. Thankfully, I have not seen such behavior here on Serebii Forums.

I am sometimes ashamed to say I'm part of Pokémon fandom, as it would mean I share the fandom with people like them. I've never seen p*dophilic behavior in any other community as badly as it is in Pokémon. I really wish Twitter would crack down on the imagery. It is simply not okay.

Last edited:

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
I just need to express this in general every single Gaming Community I've been apart of has turned toxic (Not all of them). Its everytime I point out flaws in a game and try to give my honest opinion I end up getting attacked. Its SO annoying. No matter how hard I try to ignore them it just gets worse mentally for me.

Xuxuba

The pokémon fandom for constantly posting nsfw art (often of underaged characters aswell) on social media without using tags that are different from the general ones, knowing damn well that kids make up for a huge part of the fanbase. Honestly, i am not even a kid myself and i am tired of seeing those on twitter without being able to blacklist it somehow...

Also, the ACNH community for the unnecessary meddling on how other people play the game, the extreme toxic positivity that doesn't allow any criticism/feedback to exist even if it helps the developers to take notice on how to improve the experience (if it weren't for it, Bunny day would remain much worse than it's today and a lot of the more inclusive additions wouldn't have existed), the unwillingness to help each other without asking for something absurd in return especially when the game just launched...

I didn't have as many bad experiences with the online community of the previous AC games (such as WW and NL). Often i felt really welcomed and helped by them (which also made me want to give back the support i received in some way), but i did have a few rude visitors that trampled my flowers/refused to leave and i did hear about hackers on the Tortimer Club creating problems, so i do understand when some people don't feel the same way about those community.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Genshin fandom. It's just full of entitled people, often young kids who have clearly never been in fandom before.

As well as people who just won't separate fiction from reality, harass artists over Kaeya being even one pigment too light if he's dark in the artwork. Or harassing people over any ship, of any kind. Making non issues issues, and etcetera.

I love Genshin, but I hate the fandom.

Delibird

Konami's fans are more sympathetic. That's probably because so many people miss Konami making great games.

Sanron228

I don't even know what could be worse than online games and the toxic players who play them. I don't like Dota 2 and CS GO. I think those are my least favorite games. I wish all games did some good. Not just sit around and waste my time playing something. And that it's something you can benefit from. I like betting on sports. It's always been interesting to me. And after I found a good app here, it makes me want to win and bet even more.

Last edited:

Delibird

I think overall, the Resident Evil community is the worst. It's pointless talking to those fanboys. They support just about everything Capcom makes, even if it's lousy as hell...

Morax

King of heroes
Genshin fandom. It's just full of entitled people, often young kids who have clearly never been in fandom before.

As well as people who just won't separate fiction from reality, harass artists over Kaeya being even one pigment too light if he's dark in the artwork. Or harassing people over any ship, of any kind. Making non issues issues, and etcetera.

I love Genshin, but I hate the fandom.
What? Lol i wonder where you encounter these people.

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
The Pokémon fandom's pretty bad. I don't care about the NSFW art of minors, doesn't bother me, but the constant bickering and nitpicking and shouting about tiny issues is running my head over the grass (something that people don't touch often enough).

"OMG Why remove megas? Worst game ever!"
"OMG I can't get every pokemon. Worst game ever!"
"OMG This tree doesn't look right! Worst game ever!"

Like, chill.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
The Pokémon fandom's pretty bad. I don't care about the NSFW art of minors, doesn't bother me, but the constant bickering and nitpicking and shouting about tiny issues is running my head over the grass (something that people don't touch often enough).

"OMG Why remove megas? Worst game ever!"
"OMG I can't get every pokemon. Worst game ever!"
"OMG This tree doesn't look right! Worst game ever!"

Like, chill.

So, uh, just to get this straight, you're saying you consider criticizing a video game to be worse than simulated CSAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.