• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Incest

Like I said, it doesn't concern me. If they want to mess up their baby then let them. Even if you say it's wrong to the end of the Earth someone will still do it.

This is pretty much my view on it. I do find incest nasty, but don't care really if someone else does it, because whatever results from it won't be my problem. I am glad that there's some laws(though they do vary) prohibiting incest up to certain closeness in relation though.

Vaporeon4evr

Cyndakill
The thing is, Profesco, we can't just rely only on our intrinsic instincts. I find homosexuality extremely disgusting but I'm not going to say nobody absolutely should do it.

Same thing with incest. I go by this policy that if two parties are consent and avoid having any non-consenting relations involved (i guess this would be the result of it or doing it in public, etc), then I see no problem with it from a neutral standpoint. We're not going to do anything about it, anyway. I just find it dumb to patrol people's bedrooms. You're not going to find out about it, but the least you could do is tell them to be safe with it.

Besides, there is worse out there than incest. What about BDSM? There are people out there who enjoy pain so much that they are actually inflicted heavily. There are people who probably do dangerous things that are fatal, but once again, patrolling the bedroom is just unrealistic. I refuse to go by my 'normal' instincts on every single issue, because my normal instincts either aren't always right or always logical.

The thing is, GhostAnime, Profesco isn't asking you to rely solely upon instinct. He's asking you to cut the "oh it's okay for others" nonsense and explain why you personally find incest disgusting. Up until now, this thread has been full of nonsensical "eww gross" and "I don't care what others do" comments, which haven't provided for any real discourse of value. All we get are the same-old-same-old responses from liberty-thumping people. "It's gross and I'd never do it, but I don't care if anyone else does". Sound familiar? We all get that you don't care if others participate in this activity, and we're not suggesting we patrol bedrooms to lynch every incentuous couple: we're simply asking you to explain why you find it gross. Is it your religion? Is it instinct? Clearly, some part of most humans find this activity morally repulsive to their own person. We're trying to find out why this is.

Like I said some pages back, our mental hardwiring consciously avoids incest. I think this is the biggest argument against it that's been provided thus far.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
When you say 'against it', what do you mean? Do you mean, as in finding it wrong period, or what?