• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Incompetent Tag Battle Partners!, A Rant about the idiots YOU help!

MasterCharizard15

Manly Eybrows!
Now everyone here must have at least battled with 3 or more of these "So-Called Trainners".
They suck as tag battle partners....Here is why for Each one...

1.Cheryl-The happy Healer with no skills!
-Chansey use Soft Boil over and over again!
-Use Egg bomb on that pokemon that the player is trying to catch!
-Use Refresh, even thought you have no stat problems.
(In the tower)
-HEAL!
-HEAL-
Use a worthless move
-Don't attack the pokemon that has only 1 hp left!
2.Mira-Little Miss Flash!
-Use Flash over and over again!
-Use confusion on Bronzor!
-Use Shockwave on Geodude!
(In The Tower)
-Support Move
-Worthless Support Move
-attack the pokemon mine could have taken out in 1 hit.
-Don't attack the pokemon thats about to faint!
3.Riley-Bone Head used Bone Rush! It missed!
-Use Bone Rush on golbat!
-Use Bone rush on the Steelix he is trying to catch!
-Use Quick attack on Graverler!
(Tower)
-Don't attack the low Hp pokemon!
(Is actually a good partner)
4.Buck-Defense
-Don't go after low Hp!
(Tower) Same as above
5.Marley-Speed pusher (Interpert as you want)
-HELPING HAND!
-HELPING HAND
_HELPING HAND
-Aglilty
(TOWER)
-Don't go after low HP foes!
Rival-Hyper Active ***!
-Munchlax (Nuff Said)
Dawn/Lucas
-Gravity

They all suck in their own special way...I hate you all.

Last edited:

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
I hated my Rival's Munchlax when I was attempting my Budew only run..

"DAMNIT, STOP USING STOCKPILE YOU LITTLE GREEN BEAR B*STARD!

Ammako

You do know they're not set to have an high AI in the Battle Tower, do you?
They have higher AI if you battle them at the Battle Ground.

Grei

not the color
I disliked the idea that you were FORCED to team up with them in order to progress certain areas (specifically, Eterna Forest and the Hall of Fame-only area in Victory Road). Otherwise, it was a nice addition. One that got quickly annoying, but all the same, I liked it.

As for the catching thing...sure, it makes it really difficult to catch Pokemon, but you have a couple options:
-KO your Partner's Pokemon. Yes, you can attack them--and it's the only Pokemon they have, so they can't send out another to start attacking your targets. Knock them out, then catch the wild Pokemon that the NPC's Pokemon wouldn't stop attacking.
-Come back after you're finished with teaming up. Nobody's forcing you to move on after you progress the area--take some time to catch Pokemon after you help out the NPC.

Red Globe

Si Vis Amor, ama
xD I remember when someone had, uh, Gastrodont I think in the battle tower... xD TORTURE, pure torture. I had to kill it so the tag partner would send out a LATIOS she actually had and then she... she basically did nothing xD

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
cheryl is NO help.
"lets heal myself over & over & over & OVER AGAIN when i have full HP, of course"

The Flash

I like shorts!
The only good thing that came out of them was that you fought Two pokemon at once and got all the experience for it. I managed to get twice the training in in the same amount of time.

Erienne

Anime high :D
Cheryl pretty much sucks anyway, but is really fun to battle in Battle Ground. She uses a Wobbuffet, and all I do is repeatedly use Calm Mind on my Gardevoir to max Sp. Atk and Def, and 1HKO all her Pokemon right after.
For Battle Frontier double-battles I usually use Riley, since his Pokemon are usually pretty good.

Jun's Heracross

Battle Ace
i just try to avoid doing anything at all that involves using an ingame partner, it be easier if it was just one of your pokemon vs the other 2

Profesco

gone gently
The only good thing that came out of them was that you fought Two pokemon at once and got all the experience for it. I managed to get twice the training in in the same amount of time.

I liked it for this reason. I spent extra time training during these tagteam adventures, because it makes leveling up twice as fast. The best for me was Buck in Stark Mountain. Grew my entire team from their 70's into their high 90's with his help. ^_^

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
the story line tag ones were fine.

but the battle tower got ridiculous.

Its like they hate you.

araveugnitsuga

At least Blissey heals you, when I get Cheryl she just does nothing.
1 hp remaining in my Gastrodon (Don't Ask), but no, she has to attack the pokemon with full hp with Egg Bomb (in Tower).
For me, Riley works wonders, his Regigigas that just seems to pop everytime is more of a help than a hinderance and if it isn't Regigigas it is Salamance, both work wonder until around 32 were he becomes a complete moron.

Last edited:

Bardische

Elegance.
Cheryl in Eterna Forst was annoying:
1. She keeps using Softboiled sometimes when her HP is full.
2. She keeps using Refresh sometimes when she doesn't have a status. Plus, when you get Stun Spored or something, she only gets the benefit of a status remove :/
3. Using Egg Bomb on the stupid Pokemon you're trying to catch :/
Mira was actually help, with these reasons.
1. Her Kadabra is one of those Pokemon with high Sp.Atk stats. Confusion and Shock Wave, c'mon! She was an easy ally to explore with and easy experience gain because most battles in the cave can end immediately if she attacks using Kadabra.
Now, the flaws:
1. Flash is alright, BUT WHY THE HECK DID SHE NEED OUR HELP TO GO OUT IF SHE HAD A POKEMON WITH FLASH IN THE FIRST PLACE?!
2. Kinesis is also another annoying accuracy-lowering move.
Now, Riley:
1. His lame speeches. That's it.
Now for Buck:
1. It's not all about you, Buck! Just shut it! That's it, too :p
Marley and Me(c wat I did thar?):
1. Arcanine was helpful. Helping Hand and all that :p
2. Crunch was also helpful. Defense-lowering bonus.
3. Extremespeed, was, by far, the most annoying. Especially if you're trying to catch a Pokemon. Then she suddenly orders to extreme speed it :/
4. She's too moody. :/

Battle Tower:
1. Their AI is worse there. The Battleground AI was better and more formidable. But in the tower, they're so stupid! Jesus Christ!