• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Incredibles 2 *Potential Spoilers*

Are You Excited For Incredibles 2??

• Total voters

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Yes folks, it's true. The sequel we've been waiting 10 years for has been announced.

Now I myself had a fanboy moment when I heard the news and I am so excited for this movie. I've wanted an Incredibles 2 for so long now so hopefully it is amazing.

So guys, this thread is for everything Incredibles 2. Discuss what you wanna see, what you don't want to see, if you even wanted a sequel to begin with, and anything else you want to discuss.

Just please follow the rules and respect each others opinions guys.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
In all honesty, I don't think Incredibles 2 needs its own thread yet. The announcement is still fairly new, and it won't be for a few years until the movie is finished. But I guess this can be a speculation thread...

Considering that Finding Dory was announced last year, ten years after Finding Nemo, I remembering thinking then that there would be a sequel announcement for The Incredibles. I mean come on, if any Pixar movie deserved a sequel, it was The Incredibles. (A sequel to A Bugs' Life might've been the most intriguing announcement, but it ended nicely to start with, so I'm not holding my breath for it at all.) But now I'm making (a joking) speculation that in two/three years' time, we may get an announcement for a Ratatouille 2. Who knows.

The voice actors who played the children have grown up by now, though I don't think that will prevent them from coming back to reprise their roles--they would just have to be older in the movie. But of course, then that makes Helen and Bob older, too, and it makes me a little sad inside to think about it. Yeah, it would've happened no matter what, but it's still sad. But that would most likely be the main reason why they will leave the superhero work to their own children, though I can see them being worried sick about this. I mean, they put their lives in danger, and they are young. I'm sure Bob and Helen's parents worried sick about them when they became superheroes, so that kind of parental love would play a part in this conflict.

I do wonder who the villain will be, and how dangerous he or she is compared to Syndrome. But I really shouldn't start making comparisons, because either way, it looks like the movie will focus on family as much as it did in the first film, and it's going to be nice to see. So yeah, I'm happy and excited about the news, and I wish Pixar well on it. They took a risk in stepping out of their comfort zone, it paid off fantastically, and now the pressure is going to be on their shoulders to make a good sequel. Because in all honesty, I think it's going to be difficult to top The Incredibles, more-so than it was with Toy Story. But I have faith in them.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I was really excited when I heard this. Pixar seems to handle sequels fairly well, I loved the Toy Story's, Cars 2 (despite the hate) and Monsters University (Despite chronological errors). And, to me, Incredibles, doesnt seem like the type of movie that requires a lot of difficulty to make a sequel, just pop in a new villain, some family issues, and humor and you're set.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Looking forward to this. I just wonder how long it'll take and what year it'll come out? This is really the only Pixar sequel I want to see. I don't care about Cars 3 (no offense) and personally I'd rather see Incredibles 2 before I see a "Finding Dory" movie. Incredibles like set up for a sequel. So this has been much anticipated for me and many others. I'd love to talk more on it, but we have no information at all about it. So I'll just say that this is the Pixar movie I want to see most of all in the future.

Mister_SGG

I loved the Incredibles. Going to see this movie, although not in theaters most likely.

I haven't seen Monsters University yet, but I plan on, one of these days. Actually, I haven't seen the original movies (Incredibles 1, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, all those) in years, so maybe I should re-watch them.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
In all honesty, I don't think Incredibles 2 needs its own thread yet. The announcement is still fairly new, and it won't be for a few years until the movie is finished. But I guess this can be a speculation thread...

Considering that Finding Dory was announced last year, ten years after Finding Nemo, I remembering thinking then that there would be a sequel announcement for The Incredibles. I mean come on, if any Pixar movie deserved a sequel, it was The Incredibles. (A sequel to A Bugs' Life might've been the most intriguing announcement, but it ended nicely to start with, so I'm not holding my breath for it at all.) But now I'm making (a joking) speculation that in two/three years' time, we may get an announcement for a Ratatouille 2. Who knows.

The voice actors who played the children have grown up by now, though I don't think that will prevent them from coming back to reprise their roles--they would just have to be older in the movie. But of course, then that makes Helen and Bob older, too, and it makes me a little sad inside to think about it. Yeah, it would've happened no matter what, but it's still sad. But that would most likely be the main reason why they will leave the superhero work to their own children, though I can see them being worried sick about this. I mean, they put their lives in danger, and they are young. I'm sure Bob and Helen's parents worried sick about them when they became superheroes, so that kind of parental love would play a part in this conflict.

I do wonder who the villain will be, and how dangerous he or she is compared to Syndrome. But I really shouldn't start making comparisons, because either way, it looks like the movie will focus on family as much as it did in the first film, and it's going to be nice to see. So yeah, I'm happy and excited about the news, and I wish Pixar well on it. They took a risk in stepping out of their comfort zone, it paid off fantastically, and now the pressure is going to be on their shoulders to make a good sequel. Because in all honesty, I think it's going to be difficult to top The Incredibles, more-so than it was with Toy Story. But I have faith in them.

Actually, Dash's voice actor was the only one who was a kid. He's 20 now so that shouldn't be an issue. Violet's voice actor was much older then her(she was in her thirties at the time and in her 44's now). Jack Jack had two voice actors who I'm guessing were babies.

Bob was voiced by an older guy who now plays Zeek Braverman on Parenthood, he's 69 and his voice is still good. Helen's voice actor is much younger at 44 so that shouldn't be a problem.