• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Indeedee Breeding Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I managed to catch a male Indeedee. I know that male ones are exclusive to Sword and female are exclusive to Shield. If I stick him in the Nursery with a Ditto, will I be able to get a female from them? Or will I have to trade to get a female?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
As far as I can tell, if you're playing Sword, you will hatch only male Indeedee.

So I just hatched an egg on my Pokemon Sword save, and the end result?

It was female.

You can only obtain Male/Female in the wild in Sword/Shield respectively, but breeding is still a 50% chance.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
They also have a catch rate of 30, which is like Mantine or Skarmory in that it is lower than many Legendary Pokemon.

They also have a catch rate of 30, which is like Mantine or Skarmory in that it is lower than many Legendary Pokemon.
Holy crap really?! The Great Ball I used connected first attempt!

edit: Oh, so that’s why that Mantine gave me so much trouble. Hey, is it me, or are the catch rates lower in this game than in previous ones?

Also, what is Indeedee anyway? I’ve taken to calling it the Beleaguered Secretary Pokemon but I’m not sure how accurate that is.

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Also, what is Indeedee anyway? I’ve taken to calling it the Beleaguered Secretary Pokemon but I’m not sure how accurate that is.
I think one could link it to the various creatures in European foklore that were said to live in/around homes and help out the people who lived there in exchange for gratitude, small gifts and such.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Holy crap really?! The Great Ball I used connected first attempt!

edit: Oh, so that’s why that Mantine gave me so much trouble. Hey, is it me, or are the catch rates lower in this game than in previous ones?

Yeah, I'd go with Brownies, like @Ultra Beast Lover said.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I think one could link it to the various creatures in European foklore that were said to live in/around homes and help out the people who lived there in exchange for gratitude, small gifts and such.
You mean the brownie? I can sort of see why you’d think that but brownies are described as tiny elf like beings with magical properties. If Indeedee was based on the brownie, then I’d think it be part Fairy type since most Pokémon based on fairies and similar creatures are given the typing. I think it’s more probable that Indeedee was supposed be either a Galarian form for Audino or even a proposed evolution but the developers liked Indeedee being its own unique species. It looks so similar to Audino so it is a possibility.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
You mean the brownie? I can sort of see why you’d think that but brownies are described as tiny elf like beings with magical properties. If Indeedee was based on the brownie, then I’d think it be part Fairy type since most Pokémon based on fairies and similar creatures are given the typing. I think it’s more probable that Indeedee was supposed be either a Galarian form for Audino or even a proposed evolution but the developers liked Indeedee being its own unique species. It looks so similar to Audino so it is a possibility.
One is based off of a doctor while the other is merely based off generic caretakers & servants. Audino and Indeedee having literally nothing in common.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
One is based off of a doctor while the other is merely based off generic caretakers & servants. Audino and Indeedee having literally nothing in common.
Have you taken a closer look to their designs? They both have similar body shapes with only Indeedee having a slightly longer neck, females have a similar ear shape and smile to Audino, and they all share a similar movepool.

Ultra Beast Lover

Have you taken a closer look to their designs? They both have similar body shapes with only Indeedee having a slightly longer neck, females have a similar ear shape and smile to Audino, and they all share a similar movepool.
They're certainly a part of the same family tree. Y'know, if that theory is true.

Truth be told, I definitely got the impression that Indeedee was the stand-in for Chaney/Audino in Galar, its role was simply expanded to be more broad than exclusively medical stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.