• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Individually, we are weak but Together...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
"...we form a mighty (insert term for a bundle of sticks here)."

Oh the Simpsons, how you've died from your days of glory. Anyways, this isn't the thread about America's favourite animated family, this thread is about Pokemon. Discuss strategies that would fly better in double and triple battles that don't fly so well in single battles. Maybe even include the odd strategy in a rotation battle.

Do some things work better than others in triples as opposed to doubles? I don't know, I find rotation was an interesting "twist" but triple battles were just added to please the typical RPG crowd. Anyways, discuss!

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
In b4 Helping Hand/RagePowder

I actually like formats were there are no Auto-Weather Abilities, so Sunny Day and Solarbeam are a good combo, especially Sunny Day Ninjask with Solar Power Charizard, your foe won't know which of the 2 to KO 1st, if they go for Char, Ninjask passes the speed to someone, if they go for the Jask, Charizard will Heat Wave them to death.

Zachmac

In rotation battles, Trick Room and Dual Screen rock as much as they do in doubles. But more importantly, a skill I don't see used much there, is wish. While it does have it's uses in single battles, in rotations, it's even better. All you have to do is rotate the pokemon you healed in.

Rotation battles are actually surprisingly like single battles besides that, with set up sweepers being the dominant strategy, since they help minimize prediction.*cough*HO*cough*.

Edit: Espeon is a good team helper, and 50% of the time, thanks to Magic Bounce, people will be too worried to even try using status moves, making it even better at mind games then Zoroark.

Espeon @ Light Clay
252 HP/252 Speed
Timid
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Wish
-Protect

Zachmac

Oh man, that's nasty! Sadly, my Chansey lacks Seismic Toss, anyone have some other candidates?
How'd I forget to bring up Guard Split Shuckle?

That thing was so fun in my Sand Storm Trick Room...This was a 6vs6 double battle team, but that was a boon to shuckle, if anything. But, for the guard split set....why not try pairing it with a T-tar? Shuckle's special defense will become crazy(as if it wasn't already), and Tyranitar will be able to use STAB rock slide. Or in the future, Contrary Serperior. With guard split, it'll be a powerful blend of defense, power, and speed.

Vivian

In b4 Helping Hand/RagePowder

I actually like formats were there are no Auto-Weather Abilities, so Sunny Day and Solarbeam are a good combo, especially Sunny Day Ninjask with Solar Power Charizard, your foe won't know which of the 2 to KO 1st, if they go for Char, Ninjask passes the speed to someone, if they go for the Jask, Charizard will Heat Wave them to death.

Rock slide. Bye Ninjask. Bye charizard.

NoteLobo

Banned
One thing that I have found to be extremely effective in Rotation Battles is the use of 3 fast choice banders/Specers with these respective stabs, Stab Drago Meteor/Outrage, Stab Earthquake, and Stab Flamethrower/Fire Blast/ Blaze Kick/Fire Punch. With these you have the equivalent of a choice banded/speced pokemon with Flawless coverage, but you can swap between moves. The combination of Spec'd Chandelure, Banded Garchop, and Banded Dragonite can rip everything to shreads.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
A good tip would be a hard hitter, A priority abuser, and a status inflicter in rotation fights. And rotation is my most favorite of all battles. Sweepers are a lot higher there too.

GC7

This War Is Ours!
I think perhaps Trick room is easier to use in double or triple battles due to being able to use taunt with a prankster pokemon or rage powder with something like amoongu to prevent its partner like cresselia from getting hit or taunted while it sets up trick ro first turn,

Zachmac

One thing that I have found to be extremely effective in Rotation Battles is the use of 3 fast choice banders/Specers with these respective stabs, Stab Drago Meteor/Outrage, Stab Earthquake, and Stab Flamethrower/Fire Blast/ Blaze Kick/Fire Punch. With these you have the equivalent of a choice banded/speced pokemon with Flawless coverage, but you can swap between moves. The combination of Spec'd Chandelure, Banded Garchop, and Banded Dragonite can rip everything to shreads.
Hm, I dunno. I personally have had trouble with choice items in rotation. I like to take advantage of being able to use 12 different possible moves.

I find Hyper Offense to be the best there, especially with the instant duel screens.
I think perhaps Trick room is easier to use in double or triple battles due to being able to use taunt with a prankster pokemon or rage powder with something like amoongu to prevent its partner like cresselia from getting hit or taunted while it sets up trick ro first turn,
Not to mention, you don't have to swap the trick roomer out in order to get a trick room sweeper in.

Status
Not open for further replies.