• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Infernape or Greninja! Which of them hogged the screentime more?

Infernape or Greninja, which Pokemon hogged the screentime more?

• Infernape

• Greninja

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Please vote guys, this needs to be settled!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ape, Greninja hogged a lot when after fully evolving, but that was only on the final third of the seried, while Infernape hogged the screentime since he was caught and even slightly before that

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
And I thought this was a thread about likes and dislikes of SM. XY fanboys just can't bear anything said about that series. Those people just can't stand criticism for XY even if the truth is said!!

And This would be my last post for this debate on this thread, I don't want the thread to be locked for changing it's direction. That's why I created the poll.

About what you said, let's look at the statistics:

In the first 7 gyms:
- Chimchar was used in 4 gyms while Froakie/ Frogadier was used in 3.
- Chimchar was the last pokemon standing in 2 gyms. Same with Frogardier.

Last gym
- Both are fully evolved and both starred the battle

League
- Infernape used in just one battle, that too with his previous trainer
- Greninja was used in 3 out of 4 battles that we know of. He might or might not have been used in the fourth battle too.

Other major battles
- Infernape was used against Flint's Infernape
- Greninja was used against Diantha
- Rival battles for both of them

As you can see, there isn't too much difference. Still, it's slightly tilted towards Greninja having more battles and that too towards the end where rivalries are settles. In my initial post, this was the issue I mentioned!! That only Greninja had rivals in XY and in SM 4 of Ash's pokemon have rivals!!! I just can't understand the XY lovers, they brought Infernape into the picture and changed the topic to 'screenhogger between those two'!! Read my initial post again if you can't understand this!!

Since this thread is more better suited so i will reply here, you are terming me as XY fanbu=oy but you are acting like a DP fanboy and bsides XY is not even my favourite series its AG, lol you just replied earlier that infernape wasn't spammed the way like grenija was and now you are saying that they were spammed equally. Also, i said that infernape befre evolving when it was a chimchar also started hogging screentime from other pokemon, in 6 gyms since he was caught after ash had 2 badges he was used 5 times and had 2 wins in each of last 4 gyms which could hve gone to pokemon like torterra, gliscor and buizel in comparison to that greninja starred in 3 gyms in which in only one gym he got 2 wins where hawluch was screwed, in 7th gym vs olympia both it and talonflame were equally given importance. So in this regads greninja was treated way better, then you compare the league infernape was used ince where he take down 3 of paul's pokemon all of whom were in pretty healthy state and had received less damage which screwed torterra and staraptor who were the fall guys there, in comparison greninja was used in 3 matches out of which only one against altaria guy was stupid the rest of two were rial matches nd in those matches grenija only took down one pokemon each (blame should go to pikachu for winning twice both the times) and hence didn't make his other pokemon look bad unlike in infernape's case where half of his team became jobbers. Infernape even when it was a chimchar made it obvious that it would be focal point of the series and hence from start it started hogging the screentime, whereas in greninja's case it only became obvious only towads the last seasn with bond phenomenon that it was special. So infernape still hog more screentime for long time wheeras greninja hogged more screentime when it fully evolved. I brought infernape into the topic because it is undoubtedly a creenhgger as well evenif DP fanboys like you dont agree.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Since this thread is more better suited so i will reply here, you are terming me as XY fanbu=oy but you are acting like a DP fanboy and bsides XY is not even my favourite series its AG, lol you just replied earlier that infernape wasn't spammed the way like grenija was and now you are saying that they were spammed equally. Also, i said that infernape befre evolving when it was a chimchar also started hogging screentime from other pokemon, in 6 gyms since he was caught after ash had 2 badges he was used 5 times and had 2 wins in each of last 4 gyms which could hve gone to pokemon like torterra, gliscor and buizel in comparison to that greninja starred in 3 gyms in which in only one gym he got 2 wins where hawluch was screwed, in 7th gym vs olympia both it and talonflame were equally given importance. So in this regads greninja was treated way better, then you compare the league infernape was used ince where he take down 3 of paul's pokemon all of whom were in pretty healthy state and had received less damage which screwed torterra and staraptor who were the fall guys there, in comparison greninja was used in 3 matches out of which only one against altaria guy was stupid the rest of two were rial matches nd in those matches grenija only took down one pokemon each (blame should go to pikachu for winning twice both the times) and hence didn't make his other pokemon look bad unlike in infernape's case where half of his team became jobbers. Infernape even when it was a chimchar made it obvious that it would be focal point of the series and hence from start it started hogging the screentime, whereas in greninja's case it only became obvious only towads the last seasn with bond phenomenon that it was special. So infernape still hog more screentime for long time wheeras greninja hogged more screentime when it fully evolved. I brought infernape into the topic because it is undoubtedly a creenhgger as well evenif DP fanboys like you dont agree.
Yeah.. this thread is better for the debate.

And let's keep it simple, since we won't agree with each other opinions, let the poll decide it. It will save our time writing and reading those big posts.

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
There are more DP fanboys in Serebii than XY lol. I can already guess the final results.
I voted Infernape, coz he did have more screentime, that's just true.
For the record, I don't consider either of them taking more screentime unnecessary, because it helped in development and thus creating two of the most memorable Pokémon in Anime history.
Unlike some other character cough Lillie cough

Last edited:

Xuxuba

Please vote guys, this needs to be settled!
And let's keep it simple, since we won't agree with each other opinions, let the poll decide it. It will save our time writing and reading those big posts.
Lemme get this straight, you don't want people to actually discuss the subject and show logical arguments, you just want them to vote so you can later say "i was the right one because my opinion was the most popular"?

Just so you know, this poll isn't really going to settle anything, regardless of whether Greninja or Infernape wins. First, because popularity isn't going to determine who is wrong and who is right. Second, because you cannot even say your opinion is the most popular after the poll is over because you won't have a sample that is big enough to attest something like that since the community is huge and the people voting here only make up for an insignificant percentage of the total amount.

But if you actually want to discuss the subject and this poll is just for fun and not an actual ego battle that carried on from another thread, then in this case i make Soniman's words from the other thread as mine, because i really couldn't have said it better.

Last edited:

Genaller

Silver Soul
How is this even a question? Infernape was the most important pokémon in all of gyms 5 through 8 getting 2 wins in all of them. It was the cornerstone of the Ash vs Paul rivalry ever since it joined Ash and got to play a prominent role against Paul at the Sinnoh League in the openning, middle and climactic stages of that battle.

Frogadier starred in gym 4 picking up 2 wins but then was barely relevant till gym 7 where all of that prophecy talk started. It did have major focus in XYZ but it was mainly limited to an arc spanning from XYZ 23 to XYZ 29. In the Kalos League it was treated like the ace but it hardly ‘hogged’ anything only appearing in the climax of both full battles and only getting 1 KO in each; if anything, Pikachu was the glory hogger at the Kalos League lol having an unofficial battle with that Furfrou and then getting 2 wins in both KL full battles.

Feshub

Greninja had most of XYZ to himself so he seemed like the bigger 'screentime hog'. Infernape was only sporadically given major episodes so at least we didn't have to deal with him too much.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Greninja had most of XYZ to himself so he seemed like the bigger 'screentime hog'. Infernape was only sporadically given major episodes so at least we didn't have to deal with him too much.

And just how long was XYZ episode fully it aired for one year whereas infernape's story rn up until 3 years with ash and to some extent with paul as well which took screentime from ash's DP pokemon as well. So how is greninja a bigger screenhogger.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Infernape but then that was the whole point, it being a cast off from Paul and surpassing what Paul could ever do.

Greninja hogged XYZ, was relatively muted in XY.

Infernape took more battles, you just don't see it often because of that huuuuuuuge gap in DP.

Lunanight

Infernape: 2 wins against Fantina, Byron, Candice, and Volkner; swept half of Paul's team, including Electivire; was the focus of the Ash-Paul rivalry lasting basically 188 episodes.
Greninja: 2 wins against Ramos; starred against Olympia alongside Talonflame, and beat Wulfric's Mega Abomasnow; beat Sawyer's Mega Sceptile.

Infernape hogged far more screentime than Greninja, and its not even comparable. Especially at the League where aside from the off-screen 3-0 sweep against Tomo, Greninja's biggest win was against Mega Sceptile. The only time it was used was against Mega Sceptile, and to beat Alain's weakened Bisharp. Infernape was the center of Ash's entire rivalry with Paul for the entirety of DP. By contrast, Sawyer didn't debut as an actual rival until around episode 73 of XY, and Alain never met Ash until XYZ started. Meanwhile, Paul was unquestionably a main rival for all of DP, so Infernape got way more focus in what is easily the best rivalry in the Pokemon anime by a landslide.

Greninja was about as relevant to the Ash-Sawyer rivalry as Charizard was to the Ash-Gary rivalry (i.e. irrelevant until the League battle), and was about as important to the Ash-Alain rivalry as Pikachu to the Ash-Paul rivalry (i.e. irrelevant unless it faces one specific Pokemon on said rival's team). Greninja was about as much of an attention hog as Pikachu was during DP (especially the latter half)... which is to say it wasn't really one at all. The only time Greninja was relevant was against Diantha, Wulfric, Sawyer, and Alain. Even then, Greninja was irrelevant to Ash's rivalry with either Sawyer or Alain except when Greninja fought their ace Pokemon. Otherwise, XY Pikachu got more focus than Greninja. Greninja never got to sweep half of Sawyer or Alain's team like Infernape did to Paul's team.

BabaVanga

Greninja hogged the screentime way more than Infernape, XYZ was all about the special frog

...but of course some will count Chimchar and Monferno's screentime as Infernape's screentime to make the frog look better in comparision because apparently XYZ can do no wrong.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Greninja hogged the screentime way more than Infernape, XYZ was all about the special frog

...but of course some will count Chimchar and Monferno's screentime as Infernape's screentime to make the frog look better in comparision because apparently XYZ can do no wrong.

Lol no we are talking about the whole 3 stage, infernape from all the way to chimchar did hogg more screentime whereas froakie hardly did hogg anything. Just because you dont like XYZ doesn't mean you put blame it for everuthing.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Let's see.... what team was half-assed and barely developed? Oh, XYZ's!

His Sinnoh squad all had moments to shine, Goodra and Noivern got literal jack **** at the League. I have no idea why it's so close, XY fanboys I guess?
Talonflame was also worse of a hog than Infernape was. Gym hogging and not letting Noivern get in some screentime

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I would have to say Infernape just because in the battle against Paul Infernape really hogged it up.At least in the Kalos league finals all of Ashs pokemon got a ko except Noivern