• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Infernape or Lucario?

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
For God's sake, just leave this Lucario thing alone. I love Ash's team at the moment and I can't wait to see them all evolving. They already have plenty of room for Lucario screentime, since Riley and Cynthia own them. I wouldn't give up any of Ash's current team just so they can get shafted for that over-popular pokemon. I used to love Lucario and now I'm just irritated with it.

Andywoo

Banned
This should probably be in the Polls on General Discussion.

You can't really compare them coz they have traits that make each one better than each other. But i'll choose Lucario coz he looks cooler and has more original typing.

aerisLana

i cannot believe
I vote for Infernape. I think it's already impossible for Ash to catch/get a Lucario. Besides, Infernape has the advantage against Lucario, so Infernape wins.

FlameMaster4895

luvin teh monkey!!!!
I would have to with infernape. It would be cool if we could see lucario though. I'm not a fan boy, but it wouldn't bother me if he got a lucario. I still want chimchar to evolve really badly.

richard

Fire Master
Can this stuff about Lucario wait until Ash and co. gets to Canalave City or Iron Island. I mean, come on, you are going to have more people hate the thing. I still love Lucario though, but I am not obsessed over it.

Last edited:

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Sorry if this is in the wrong section but, what pokemon would u rather Ash have, Infernape or Lucario? Because I highly doubt we'll have two fighting types in Ash's team. Discuss.

Don't count out the possibility quite yet. Ash-tachi haven't even gotten to Iron Island yet. Chimmy could be Monferno by then.

So I say. "Both".

DieChavsDie

Can I just say firstly, I am NOT an Auraholic. I DETEST the idea of Ash+Lucario.

BUT

I would MUCH rather see Ash and Lucario than Ash and Infernape. I REALLY am hoping Chimchar will start showing off Paul-isms, attack Pikachu, Ash kicks it out, and Paul recaptures it

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
Only Infernape. I cannot see Ash with a Lucario. Heck, we'll have had three trainers who own one by the time we encounter Riley. In fact, all that stuff about how Lucario "fits" Ash? Bullcrap, because the reasons are mostly personal opinion. I seriously do not see why he has to get one because other than Aura, I don't see much of a connection.

Besides, Steel, as an offensive type, is quite terrible because it hits only two types for super-effective damage and hits at least four others (Electric, Ice, Fire and Steel) for not very effective. Steel/Fighting as a combination can only hit five types for super-effective damage; Infernape's Fire/Fighting manages to hit eight types for super-effective damage, so how's that for type coverage?

Additionally, Infernape would then cover Ash's Fighting-type slot so Lucario with Ash would be extremely pointless.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I wouldn't give up any of Ash's current team just so they can get shafted for that over-popular pokemon. I used to love Lucario and now I'm just irritated with it.

I know one certain pokemon i'd love to see leave, and another who's looking to get benched for evolving too quickly too.

King Of Steel said:
.In fact, all that stuff about how Lucario "fits" Ash? Bullcrap, because the reasons are mostly personal opinion. I seriously do not see why he has to get one because other than Aura, I don't see much of a connection.

Two words, Soothe Bell.

Besides, Steel, as an offensive type, is quite terrible because it hits only two types for super-effective damage and hits at least four others (Electric, Ice, Fire and Steel) for not very effective. Steel/Fighting as a combination can only hit five types for super-effective damage; Infernape's Fire/Fighting manages to hit eight types for super-effective damage, so how's that for type coverage?

Anime=/= metagame, but if you wanna get technical having fire fighing and steel would be more effective when the group gets up to the ice routes intead of two flyers.

Additionally, Infernape would then cover Ash's Fighting-type slot so Lucario with Ash would be extremely pointless.

Gligar must be pointless too then seeing as how Ash also has Staravia who is going to overshadow it once it evolves because it can still evolve again and therefore will get more attention.

Technically both of them are hard to pull off in the long run because in the end it's two new pokemon to deal with, as we've seen countless times the starter pokemon usually have "issues" with evolution and seeing one evolve not once but twice in one region hasn't been done since Charizard who of course evolved over the span of five episodes and given how chimchar is already mirroring Charizard's past as Charmander i know no one wants to see rapid growth and would rather the evo's be drawn out in which case for Infernape to happen before the sinnoh league(which i know most people want) Chimchar is going to have to be the next pokemon to evolve after Gligar and is going to have to go as early as after the movie, then again we've had two perfect opportunities for it to evolve into Monferno already that the writers went and wasted, and i'm having a hard time even trying to think of another scenario in which it can evolve and the longer they hold it back from going the worse it's chances are long term.

As for riolu, yes no one knows if Ash will get another pokemon or not, the fact they loaded him down so quickly though makes me believe he'll get another(it's not like thier really developing his current guys much anyway, or we would've had at least one more evo by now not counting Vlad coming) and someone could quite possibly get oaked for it, not to mention seeing as how item evo's usually make a pokemon evolve quickly, so if Ash gave it one of his soothe bells it could evolve rather quickly compared to chimchar so who knows as in the end both have problems long term.

All i know is Ash better get one of them, i'm too hyped up for him to get at least one fighting type this region and i don't care who it is, right now i don't care who he gets, but if Chimchar does not evolve at least to monferno before gym 5, then it's too late for Infernape to happen and i will go for Riolu instead as Chimchar will have passed the point of no redemption.

Last edited:

scissorX

I really do not see any reason why Ash should have to choose between Infernape and Lucario - I mean who's to say he even gets either of them!

Seriously people, he already has six Pokémon, all far more interesting than any he's had before. Let him develop on them before you go thinking about evolutions and captures. We have a new capture arriving soon as well as a new evolution - whine and b**** about them for pete sake.

pokemaster95

King of pirates
I know one certain pokemon i'd love to see leave, and another who's looking to get benched for evolving too quickly too.

Two words, Soothe Bell.

Anime=/= metagame, but if you wanna get technical having fire fighing and steel would be more effective when the group gets up to the ice routes intead of two flyers.

Gligar must be pointless too then seeing as how Ash also has Staravia who is going to overshadow it once it evolves because it can still evolve again and therefore will get more attention.

Technically both of them are hard to pull off in the long run because in the end it's two new pokemon to deal with, as we've seen countless times the starter pokemon usually have "issues" with evolution and seeing one evolve not once but twice in one region hasn't been done since Charizard who of course evolved over the span of five episodes and given how chimchar is already mirroring Charizard's past as Charmander i know no one wants to see rapid growth and would rather the evo's be drawn out in which case for Infernape to happen before the sinnoh league(which i know most people want) Chimchar is going to have to be the next pokemon to evolve after Gligar and is going to have to go as early as after the movie, then again we've had two perfect opportunities for it to evolve into Monferno already that the writers went and wasted, and i'm having a hard time even trying to think of another scenario in which it can evolve and the longer they hold it back from going the worse it's chances are long term.

As for riolu, yes no one knows if Ash will get another pokemon or not, the fact they loaded him down so quickly though makes me believe he'll get another(it's not like thier really developing his current guys much anyway, or we would've had at least one more evo by now not counting Vlad coming) and someone could quite possibly get oaked for it, not to mention seeing as how item evo's usually make a pokemon evolve quickly, so if Ash gave it one of his soothe bells it could evolve rather quickly compared to chimchar so who knows as in the end both have problems long term.

All i know is Ash better get one of them, i'm too hyped up for him to get at least one fighting type this region and i don't care who it is, right now i don't care who he gets, but if Chimchar does not evolve at least to monferno before gym 5, then it's too late for Infernape to happen and i will go for Riolu instead as Chimchar will have passed the point of no redemption.

Well do to the Fact that Gligar may be a Flying type but Gligar is also a ground type.And gligar can learn a good mixture of Dark and poison attacks.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
All these auraholics ever considered Ash just having a connection with Riolu's/Lucario's throughout his journey? I'd find that a lot more interesting than him actually owning one...

richard

Fire Master
Somebody is going to get oaked soon (my money is on Turtwig). With all the things going on, it most likely going to happen.(maybe, maybe not) It would be nice for him to get a new capture. Ash needs a new fighting type anyway. Heracross ain't doing much as a fighting-type.

scissorX

Somebody is going to get oaked soon (my money is on Turtwig).

Why on earth would Turtwig get Oaked?! I think its safe to say that Turtwig is one of the least likely Pokémon Ash has captured to get Oaked this season... Firstly it's a starter, secondly it's one of Ash's most relied upon Sinnoh Pokémon and finally one of his first Sinnoh captures. Turtwig will NOT get Oaked!

pokemaster95

King of pirates
I don't think Turtwig will be oaked he is kinda a stay.Because Turtwig seems to be one of Ash's strong pokemon this season.I say the only pokemon that gets oaked is Staravia or Gliscor.I kinda see Ash getting Lucario and Infernape,Infernape there both a give me.
I don't see the Big deal with 2 fighting pokemon.

richard

Fire Master
Because it is getting boring. After the 5th gym, what use does he have. Gliscor could handle the 6th and don't even know if the writers let Gliscor even battle in the ice gym. Probably the last gym, but we don't if Volkner is still the gym leader. It is time for Ash to oak a grass pokemon anyway instead of his other pokemon.

Oh yeah, Bayleef says hi. Because it got oaked one time and it started thrashing the lab. If I got that correctly.

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Well I thought Of something When Turtwig evolves Ash would have 2 ground types in Sinnoh making it more likely that Gliscor will be oaked.
Lets move this conversation to Will Gliscor get oaked tread I don't want to get to Off topic.

richard

Fire Master
Yeah, but Grotle is not a Ground type. Seeing as Gliscor uses a lot of attacks but have a big weakness to ice, I really don't know what to say. Gliscor seems very useful. But somebody going to get oaked. We'll find out soon enough when we get to you know what.>_> <_<

shac

i think the writers will prove everyone here false; ash wont oak anyone, wont catch a riolu and chimchar will not evolve. howz that sound?