• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Infernape vs Charizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

psbigg

who do you think will win ill bet charizard since he got alot more experience in battle and since he always comes with a new move he will probabily know flare blitz

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Of course Charizard. It is much more powerfull than Infernape, no matter what Infernape will do in the league. I think Charizard is in two levels abobe the rest of Ash's pokemon.

The-Strawhat

Charizard of couse, because.. its Charizard! :D

Typhlorizard

Charizard wins hands down! Technically speaking, it has the advantage (being a flying type) against a fighting type. It is also the most powerful pokemon in Ash's team, even more than Pikachu and Bulbasaur.

Torpoleon

Charizard should win since I think it is more powerful than Infernape and it has a type advantage although Ash's Charizard did lose to Harrison's Blaziken when Charizard had a type advantage.

JD

Charizard hands down, Infernape is pretty strong but I dont really think its even as Strong as Bulbasaur or Squirtle maybe Sceptile. Charizard has been with Ash longer then Infernape so Charizard is stronger.

psbigg

infernape is stronger than bulbasaur idk about squirtle and snorlax

Waterpokes

We've seen Infernape in one match, and against Team Rocket.
Anywy, Charizard wins by a lot. Infernape will probbly just be another powerhouse, while Charizard is Charizard. Nothing can compare to Charizard for the moment.

And can somebody tell me why Infernape is stronger then Squirtle and Bulbasaur based on one match? I do believe Infernape will become better then both, but right now? Based on one match?

Charizard = King

TheNewGuy

Nah.

Infernape is just this generation's Sceptile. He's good, don't get me wrong, and I'd say he's in the second tier of Ash's pokemon, but Charizard is and probably always will be a cut above.

hunt

Charizard every time. Charizard has beaten some very tough opponents and is in constant extreme training. Besides Charizard is just generally the king of Ash's pokemon and people who say he is over-rated are just in denial.

What confuses/annoys me, however, is why the writers gave Ash Infernape and Torterra in Sinnoh. He already has Charizard and Sceptile... it would have been much better if they had given a water/other types of pokemon some development and evolution in Sinnoh instead; such as Buizel and eventually Gible.

TheNewGuy

Charizard every time. Charizard has beaten some very tough opponents and is in constant extreme training. Besides Charizard is just generally the king of Ash's pokemon and people who say he is over-rated are just in denial.

What confuses/annoys me, however, is why the writers gave Ash Infernape and Torterra in Sinnoh. He already has Charizard and Sceptile... it would have been much better if they had given a water/other types of pokemon some development and evolution in Sinnoh instead; such as Buizel and eventually Gible.

I agree that the lack of water-type evolutions over the course of 10+years has been shocking, but I don't think it's a big deal that he will now have another two fully evolved Grass and Fire type starters; Torterra and Sceptile are completely different, for example. Torterra looks like he will rely on defence and healing with Synthesis while Sceptile was more about agility. Charizard and Infernape are completely different as well because of Charizard's ability to fly.

My initial worry was that Ash having Infernape would just make Charizard obsolete but having thought about it, that won't be the case.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
This is how i see Ash's current Pokemon, power-wise. I have seperated them into tiers.

1) Pikachu, Charizard, Squirtle, Bulbasaur
2) Infernape, Sceptile, Snorlax, *Torterra, Swellow, Staraptor
3) Donphan, Corphish, Buizel, Heracross, Glalie, **Gible
4) Bayleef, Cyndaquil, ***Torkoal, Kingler, Tauros, Muk, ***Noctowl
5) Totodile

*Coming Soon
**Ash's first Dragon type. Of course we need to see it in a decent battle, but I believe it'll do as well as the others in 'Tier 3'.
***So much potential. Should move up after its usage in the Sinnoh league (if thats what the opening means).

Richards22

leavers 2010
charizard because it is a flying type which beats fighting types and charizard is more experience and more powerful with fire attacks

Spirit of Darkness

Infernape still didn't get the experience he needs to over-power Charizard, but after some battles, he will get the title of the king.

Torpoleon

charizard because it is a flying type which beats fighting types and charizard is more experience and more powerful with fire attacks
Type advantage does not always mean that the Pokemon is stronger. Harrison's Blaziken, which is the same types as Infernape, beat Ash's Charizard, although I also do think that Ash's Charizard is stronger than Ash's Infernape although I do think that eventually Ash's Infernape can catch up.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Easily Charizard, but why would they fight in the first place? :S

Status
Not open for further replies.