• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Inferno Chronicles: Embers

Who's your favorite character?

• White

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Professor Juniper

• Drayden

• Lust

• Greed

• Eva

• Professor Kane Willow

• Other...

• Total voters

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Chapter 22: Eternity Flame

“I… I… I’m, not finished yet!” Maya returned Alakazam and took out another Pokeball.

Chrom put a hand on her arm.

“It’s useless. That Pokemon is too weak to fight.”

“I’ll show you what it can do!” Maya spewed.

A small, grey cat thing popped out of the device. With almost no distinguishing features but its beady eyes, the small cat stood on two legs, and took a step back at its mighty opponent, Charmeleon.

“Let’s do it, Espurr!”

“Espurr?” I said aloud. I pulled out my Pokedex, but its only information on the thing was a picture.

“A Pokedex? Clearly you’ve never heard of the Kalos region.” Maya said insultingly.

“Oh… The place with that Chespin thing, right?” I said, remembering my battle with Conor, Liam, and LJ.

“Chespin, yeah. Anyway, let’s get this thing started with Psyshock.”

Espurr’s small eyes turned yellow, and it focused- or, it looked like it was focusing- and small rocks and pebbles lifted from the ground. Suddenly, they all whipped at Charmeleon.

Arrghh!” Charmeleon growled.

“Woah! Hang in there, and use Metal Claw!”

This time obeying me, his arms began to shine a metallic silver, and he swung twice at Espurr. It skillfully dodged the first hit, but was caught off guard by a second swing, and was slammed to the ground by a fist full of steel. Espurr stood up, even after that powerful hit.

“That’ll do nothing,” said Maya, “Wrap it up, Espurr. Confusion.”

This time, Espurr’s eyes shone a hypnotic purple, and suddenly, a flash of white light enveloped Charmeleon. I stood there; thoughts crossed my mind about escape and about Charmeleon. Would I really win this battle?

As quickly as it came, the light disappeared and so did the purple in Espurr’s eyes. Charmeleon was on the ground.

“Charmeleon!! No!” I shouted.

I ran to him, but something cold hit the back of my head. I saw a flash of gray and red, and then everything darkened.

I woke up to a strange buzzing noise. The ground felt hard, and my head ached. I was leaning on something metal, and a black circle surrounded my wrist. It looked like a handcuff, or maybe a watch. Next to me, Charmeleon sat there holding a small orange orb. He was still unconscious.

GET UP.

Something was telling me to stand, or something. It was hard to make out.

I rose, though, and saw my surroundings more clearly. We must have still been in the ah…

The thing we were in when I was knocked out. Or right, a cave. (My memory was still pretty groggy.)

It didn’t look like the cave though. It contained metal walls, built pretty sloppily. The panels weren’t the same size, and in some places it was peeled off, showing the dark rocks from the wall of the cave.

In the center of the room was a blue and red pedestal. A symbol was engraved on it, but I didn’t recognize it.

STAND ON IT.

I picked up Charmeleon, and stuffed the thing he was holding in my pocket. I proceeded to stand on the pedestal.

Then, something floated into the room. From the wall, where one of the panels was entirely stripped away, a figure entered.

MY UNDELRINGS HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING YOU. I AM THE REASON YOU ARE HERE TODAY. I AM WHAT LET YOU LIVE. AND I AM WHAT WILL LET YOU CONTINUE LIVING.

Before I had a chance to doubt the creature, it revealed itself.

THE PEDESTAL YOU ARE STANDING ON WILL TELL ME THE REASON I HAVE FOLLOWED YOU. YOU ARE THE KEY, PRIDE.

Pride? As in… As in the one that Wrath had captive? None of this was making sense to me, but I obviously got mixed up in something awful.

LET ME BEGIN THE EXAMINATION. SOMETHING THAT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR SHOULD BE WITH YOU, IF YOU DID WHAT I TOLD YOU TO DO. IF IT IS NOT WITH YOU, THEN YOU WILL DIE.

I guess I’m going to die here, then. I thought to myself.

It put its hands on its head, and activated an orb that looked like the one Charmeleon was holding. The Pokemon changed, and it looked even stranger.

Then, a thin, black light shot out from the orb. It bounced off of the reflective metal panels in the room, and appeared to scan them. It moved to scan me, and the light moved up and down my body. Starting with my head, and then to my eyes, and then to my torso. It stopped suddenly when it made contact with my bag.

“Uhh… Is it working?” I asked dumbly, with my still-half-asleep voice.

YOU’VE DONE IT. YOU’VE FOUND IT. AND NOW I WILL TAKE IT.

A crumpled piece of paper, glowing black with the light, appeared from out of my bag.

Mewtwo took the Twenty-Second Paradox.

THANK YOU FOR THE HELP. I’LL BE SENDING YOU BACK, NOW.

Mewtwo took the orb away from his head, and reverted to his original appearance.

“Send me back where!?” I shouted at him. “Tell me what’s-“

The symbol on the pedestal glowed brightly.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I watched myself throw my arm at my clock, and hit my Pokeballs. Swablu and Darumaka came out of them.

Where… Am I?

“Hey mom. I’m going to train today. I want to be ready to prove to Professor Juniper that I’m ready for an adventure!” The person that looked like me said.

Am I in the past?

“Okay, but be careful. I don’t want you going near Challenger Cave, it’s too dark, and too dangerous. In fact, why don’t you go battle your friend, White.”

Crap. What did Mewtwo do? I looked around. I was on the other side of my bed, standing there. Charmeleon was awake now, and two Pokeballs still hung from my belt. But nobody could see me.

“Mom, we’ve battled a billion times already,” my past self said.

I walked to the door and left. I was too confused to listen to myself talk.

The world spiraled around me. I considered why Mewtwo would possibly do this. Why he’d do this to a person. How torturous and evil he could be.

But then I reconsidered.

Maybe this was my purpose. To repeat my life until I get it right. To protect my past self in this time. Maybe I am Mewtwo’s underling that follows my past self.

It explains so much. The gunshot in the cave that killed Eva, and the human-looking figure I saw at the beginning of the cave.

I wanted to cry. But I just stood there. Ruined; forced to redo my life in this world for eternity as Mewtwo wants me to. I was a pawn in his game.

But I shook my head. I would win this time around. I would do what I want to do for the sole purpose of helping me and my past self survive. I would ignite a new fire. I’d do what I think is right.

I’d never lose again.

Last edited:

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
End.

Thank you to everyone who read my fan fiction!!! Expect to see the next book in the fan-fic series on the index soon!
Mods can put this in the finished fic section now.

Thank you!

~Chapter