• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Influence of Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire on XY anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Wait, if the remake it coming this November...don't tell me the anime is going to try and rush through Kalos! The last time a region was rushed, look what happened!

Remakes have never interfered with the pacing of a saga before, so I doubt they will now. They'll more than likely handle it the exact same way as FRLG and HGSS, with a capture here and a cameo there..

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I doubt they will rush through Kalos.

They'll probably bring Hoenn to Kalos in form of a festival or something.

It's what I'm thinking too, and I'm expecting Serena to get a Treecko here also. I doubt we'll even see May or Max appear though.

diakyu

You guys realize how much rushing would have to be done to get through Kalos by November?

IcySealeo

I really want to see Contests again, even if it is just a Wallace Cup or something. And also - Mudkip. I don't who gets it (probably Serena, and I prefer). This poor guy who got shafted back in Hoenn, should get a bigger role now.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Why does everyone think Kalos will be rushed? The BF arc aired after a year (maybe longer) after the games hit. I know we got the Gen 1 remakes fall of 2004 and the Return to Kanto was not until 2006

Vernikova

Champion
Probably in the same way that HGSS affected DP. I guess someone will be getting a starter, and we may get a cameo from someone from the past. I suppose that they might include a Contest or whatever the side-game will be.

That's about it. I don't think there'll be any life changing decisions because of it.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Iris could possibly appear here, I don't expect to see May or Max. Maybe Professor Birch or one of the gym leaders or elite 4 members appear here. Or maybe Wallace returns and brings the Wallace Cup with him.

sSerenity

I don't remember in Sinnoh a trip to Johto like in AG a trop to Kanto ... So I don't expect Hoenn. But probably some focus on Hoenn PKMN

NeoDude-5000

I'm guessing the following will happen:
1) Serena will most likely get a Hoenn starter (probably Mudkip)
2) Ash using Hoenn Pokémon in the Kalos League (similar to the Sinnoh League were his Sinnoh and Johto Pokémon played major roles)
3) A Hoenn festival will happen
4) May will cameo (if she's the female player character in the new games)
5) Pokémon Contest episode

KKS-Lapras

I think the timing of the remakes speaks most likely to a festival on all things Hoenn, like the Johto festival back during DP.

Manene!

I hope May returns. Even if her game character is replaced, I'd still like to see her return with the current game characters. Or they could always do a R/S special focusing on her, Max, and the new trainers?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I don't remember in Sinnoh a trip to Johto like in AG a trop to Kanto ... So I don't expect Hoenn. But probably some focus on Hoenn PKMN

To be fair the timing was different. With AG we had time to do a return arc but in DP we did not. I think it matters more how the writers handle it and when Gen 7 starts.

The thing here is this is the first remake of a girl arc. Like Gen 1 and Gen 2 never had girls to bring back where Hoenn does. With that said May could be tossed out the window if this is an all new adventure over a remake. My point being until we know more about the games coming up with anything is impossible. (Reminds me back when BW and XY were revealed and everyone had this funky ideas for the anime. Ahh memories.

Heck as someone pointed out on Twitter it doesn't even mention Hoenn (Which I know is likely to be thought given them having Ruby and Sapphire in the titles) but I do find that Nintendo did not show still images or a short trailer a bit odd. Almost as if it is being kept a secret which for a remake seems kinda...odd.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
To be fair the timing was different. With AG we had time to do a return arc but in DP we did not. I think it matters more how the writers handle it and when Gen 7 starts.

The thing here is this is the first remake of a girl arc. Like Gen 1 and Gen 2 never had girls to bring back where Hoenn does. With that said May could be tossed out the window if this is an all new adventure over a remake. My point being until we know more about the games coming up with anything is impossible. (Reminds me back when BW and XY were revealed and everyone had this funky ideas for the anime. Ahh memories.

Heck as someone pointed out on Twitter it doesn't even mention Hoenn (Which I know is likely to be thought given them having Ruby and Sapphire in the titles) but I do find that Nintendo did not show still images or a short trailer a bit odd. Almost as if it is being kept a secret which for a remake seems kinda...odd.
I think it'll be just a remake like the others were, though they may change the playable characters. I kinda hope that they upgrade the villain plot in some way.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Am I the only hoping for Steven Stone redemption?

A few posts down, but I'm totally with you. It sucked how Steven was simply a COTD. All other Champions had a fewmore episode cameos than him. And I do not care if he was not really considered a 'Champion' in the anime. I just want my Steven Stone dosage please.

...Typed all that with my phone, so sorry if my post is wonky. :p

Manene!

I hope they don't stick to the tradition of introducing a whole new female protagonist, while simply revamping the male. I want to see May make a cameo with some new team members or something, but I doubt that'd happen if they create a new female..

RGBY - Red & N/A --> FRLG - RevampRed & Leaf
GSC - Jimmy & Marina(Crystal only) --> HGSS - RevampJimmy & Lyra
RSE - Brendan & May --> ORAS - RevampBrendan & ???

I'm concerned..

As for the effect this could have on the main cast? Following the tradition of the other girls, Serena would get the starter with a weakness to her own, being Treecko.. however, I would prefer that she got a Mudkip and did something with it. Oh and if she started partaking in contests, I wouldn't complain, as both hers and Fennekin's personalities could be perfect for them.. The fact she makes these pokepuff things could also go well with this..

Ash? Torchic I have no idea, perhaps he could get a Mawile or something and go on to face the all new Battle Frontier. I would like to see his old Hoenn team member as well, if I'm completely honest. Bring the reserves to the league again!
It's not really a tradition so much as R/B and G/S didn't have a main female character. And while Marina was there for Crystal, that's still not G/S. May was one of the lead protagonist of R/S, so I don't see her going anywhere. Either they'll both return or neither will.

nuzamaki90

>May returns and teaches Serena about Contests

Jesus Christ Arceus Almighty it is a good day to be a Hoenn fan

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
>May returns and teaches Serena about Contests

Jesus Christ Arceus Almighty it is a good day to be a Hoenn fan

No...
God no more contest pls I'll pay 3.50 for it to not happen.

She needs a better goal.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
hoping for May and Max to return. I'm not sure if they will have Max D: but definitely May. She could appear with her Mega Blaziken

Haunter ゴースト

It seems extremely likely Kalos will last three years now, but regardless the show has been amazing so far and Kanto was also rushed but was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.