• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Influence of Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire on XY anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I want Max to meet Bonnie, although the odds of that happening are slim to none.

They can meet if Max comes along with Birch or Norman, if either appear. May will most likely not appear though.

zhixun

They can meet if Max comes along with Birch or Norman, if either appear. May will most likely not appear though.

If Haruka is not likely to appear, then chances of Masato coming here is quite small. Based on anime never ages logic, Masato by now is still just a kid although I hope that he grew up such that he is a trainer and have a battle with Satoshi.

KKS-Lapras

Nor should May return, she had her cameo, let Max get his. Max traveling with Professor Birch as his helper or something would actually be kind of funny to see.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Nor should May return, she had her cameo, let Max get his. Max traveling with Professor Birch as his helper or something would actually be kind of funny to see.

Max wasn't even in R/S though and almost certainly not in OR/AS, so what's the point of him returning for OR/AS promo in XY when he's got no in-game role?

KKS-Lapras

Max wasn't even in R/S though and almost certainly not in OR/AS, so what's the point of him returning for OR/AS promo in XY when he's got no in-game role?

He was a main character in the Anime for nearly 4 years and then was never seen again. The only character to never have a cameo. His lack of presence in the games was irrelevant in AG, as clearly he existed then anyways. The same is true now, and he's the only character thus far not to have some kind of cameo appearance.

KKS-Lapras

Huh, he was shown cheering for May behind TV in D/P
And also I remember there was a line how he learned a lot from Brock

Oh woopiddy doo, a 3 second shot of staring at a tv cheering, lord knows every one of the others haven't also done that at least once for Ash during a one of his big League matches. Being mentioned and shown for 3 seconds is hardly a cameo for a character on the show 4 years.

Silicone

Poison Moth
I hope that guy at the hotel who says we'll see his region appears in the anime and takes them to Hoenn, ala Battle Frontier. And then maybe see May, Harley(Oh yes mama) and Drew again

Teebu

And why wouldn't she get a Mudkip? It would seem to be equally as likely as Serena getting a Treecko.

On a different note, if Serena gets a Hoenn starter, what personality do you think it will have?
Same as ash's scraggy had, trying to pick fights for itself against anyone. If Serena doesn't want to battle/train herself then she needs a mon that gives her a friendly push in the right direction.
Maybe Drew could return and get hit by a large object.

Maybe he could confess his love to Harley.

I like this idea.

zhixun

If max met bonnie, I could see one of them getting a crush on the other.

Masato and Eureka having a crush? At least not on Masato's side. Not sure whether Eureka is too young for herself to crush on a boy although she always tried to find a wife for Citron.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
How about Anabel getting an appearance. Since she is one of the few confirmed characters that have a crush on Ash.

They could easily make her being related to Olympia to give her a reason for coming to Kalos.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I know we should not use patterns but I noticed Ash seems to use past Pokemon in even numbered leagues. So him using some Hoenn ones doesn't seem insane. (Again I know we should not use patterns but hard not to here)

Isn't he based on the kid in your rival's house?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I know we should not use patterns but I noticed Ash seems to use past Pokemon in even numbered leagues. So him using some Hoenn ones doesn't seem insane. (Again I know we should not use patterns but hard not to here)

Isn't he based on the kid in your rival's house?
Well, that is also based on how johto and unova had a lot of older pokemon and connection to previous gens. Hoenn and univa didnt. Kalos does again so we almost for sure will see him use some older pokemon.

Vernikova

Champion
So, you're saying that Noland's Articuno is a completely untrained Pokémon? Well, why does it follow his strategies and commands unwaveringly? It's because that thing's been trained. Besides, I can see tons of people jumping at the chance to fight a Legendary Pokémon, even if their chances of losing are higher.

Because it agreed to follow Noland's commands. I can see people not jumping at the chance because they actually want to just win, and then you have to take into consideration how many people actually knew about Articuno.

And how does that make him stronger than the E4? Because if you mean his battle vs Ash, most of his best Pokémon weren't even on his Pokémon belt. No Charizard, no Sceptile (not yet evolved)...basically, none if his strongest Pokémon. That's why it's hard to make a call about Tyson.

I was being facetious. The show makes it clear that what Scott said wasn't completely true for anyone but maybe Brandon with all Regi.

Last edited:

zhixun

That is just coincidence anyway. I am sure that writers have absolutely nothing to do with the parity of the league. Kalos only introduced 70 completely new Pokémon, most likely he will use some Pokémon in older generations or otherwise he might run out of choices.

He was a main character in the Anime for nearly 4 years and then was never seen again. The only character to never have a cameo. His lack of presence in the games was irrelevant in AG, as clearly he existed then anyways. The same is true now, and he's the only character thus far not to have some kind of cameo appearance.
I'm pretty sure there are good reasons as to why Max hasn't made a cameo appearance. 1. He isn't funny. 2. He's annoying. Extremely annoying. 3. Despite his lengthy show time, he still strikes me as a forgetful ancillary character.
P.S. Thanks for the negative rep. Reason: "Bonnie is annoying not Max." Some people shouldn't have the ability to give reputation because they don't know that people have differences of opinion.

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

Max made two cameos:

-When May returned in DP and mentioned him where this was shown in a flashback

[img139]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/2/28/Max_DP.png/220px-Max_DP.png[/img139]

-Ash's flashback of companions in BW

[img139]http://www.filb.de/content/anime/bw2/058/225.jpg[/img139]

Status
Not open for further replies.