• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Information About the Infraction Point System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakura May

Xin Nian Dao!
YES! Thanks Joe! X3

Just have a question: I know that in an earlier announcement you said that foul language would be kept to a minimum. I just want to make sure it's still kept in here, like, if I say 'wtf' or whatever every now and then, it wouldn't matter right? As long as you don't use it every single post or sentence or w/e, right?

Also, what are the warning points for sigs who break the rules, or is there none and there's a simple usernote? Just curious...

Brettt

satirist
so to figure out how many infraction points we have, we just check how many PM's we have gotten that have infractions listed in them?

davidone10

The new tuxedo look!
Well, Ireally can't complain, good job.

Veek

Sennen Goroshi! XD
Like the idea! But I have a question. For instance, if someone cussed alot in a post, does it count for every word or the post itself?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
so to figure out how many infraction points we have, we just check how many PM's we have gotten that have infractions listed in them?
No, you check your own Profile...

Like the idea! But I have a question. For instance, if someone cussed alot in a post, does it count for every word or the post itself?
The Post itself

Props for the multi quote addition. Really handy on the debate forum.

Sharpedo Boy

< Don't take drugs!
Cool.Well done joey!ill check how many points I got.

Naetoru & Stitch

Sending out an S.O.S
This is perfect. Now you don't have to say, "Hmm...should we ban you are not" and it's completely fair. Spammer's BEWARE.

Nintendo_6444

Tails the Bouyzel
Very good! I'll have to be more carful with my mouth. XD

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
What about the issue with the forums. Like how you accidently press submit more than once, because the forums go slow as hell sometimes, and so you get 50+ posts or 50+ topics?

I see no need to warn them for that, unless you just want us to send them a PM saying "Yes, the forums have a problem, they go slow sometimes and if they do not respond right away, please wait for it to respond or go to a 404 page, otherwise you may end up getting multiple posts or topics."

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
Well, Etebossu, Latios did state that the forums were having slow issues , in a announcement. The rules say check frequently for announcements. The announcement he said was "please press the submit button once because , if you press it alot, the computer would pick up all those submits and post 5 of the same thing." I say it's there loss if they don't check for announcements. They were forewarned about the issue and shouldn't be given leeway.

Hyuu

Under the sea
That sounds like a fair new system ^^ A lot more chances involved for those who are new and don't really know much better, right? And bans are fairer so there will be less complaining about those banned.

Bayleef

Onion?
Simple and easy to understand, nice job.

And the new multi-quote feature is pretty cool.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
Well, Etebossu, Latios did state that the forums were having slow issues , in a announcement. The rules say check frequently for announcements. The announcement he said was "please press the submit button once because , if you press it alot, the computer would pick up all those submits and post 5 of the same thing." I say it's there loss if they don't check for announcements. They were forewarned about the issue and shouldn't be given leeway.

And how many people here actually read the rules, let alone pay attention to the announcements? And I know what the announcement said, I did read it afterall.

@Serebii, I know we never have banned for that, but if I do recall correctly, I have seen people give usernotes to those who have done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.