• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Information About the Infraction Point System

Status
Not open for further replies.

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
Whuuut???!!?!?!? SERIOUSLY??? MOAR ADVERTISERS??!!!?!?! WTF...
I love how his location is Spain, and I read it as SPAM.

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
You should know that replying to spam is worth 3 points. Since I don't have Mod powers here, I can't give you it.

Sorry about that Nutter. It's just funny to me that... WAIT. IS THERE ANOTHER ONE RIGHT ABOVE ME??? That's honestly the Ultimate level of trolling right there.

(HE'S JUST REPEATING THE SAME THING. IT'S GETTING PRETTY ANNOYING. DAMN SPAMBOTS.)

Last edited:

SaltySoul

vytfdtufctuyfj
Hopefully THIS will keep the forums under control. And leave us with A LOT LESS BANNED USERS XD!!!

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly
I think this is a good system, although i'm suprised minimodding is considered a worse offense than spam.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I can agree with these rules.

acetrainerbob

has written:
the system is great! It looks like there won't be a lot of rule-breaking, and Joe and Jess both did a great job with the rules!

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
I think this is a good system, although i'm suprised minimodding is considered a worse offense than spam.

I'm just as surprised that signature violations are extremely important. I was banned last week for signature violations but didn't even know. The mods removed my sig once, but I received no notice of infraction. After that, I tried to put my sig back with a slightly smaller banner (it was removed because it was too wide apparently) and I was banned. :(

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I'm just as surprised that signature violations are extremely important. I was banned last week for signature violations but didn't even know. The mods removed my sig once, but I received no notice of infraction. After that, I tried to put my sig back with a slightly smaller banner (it was removed because it was too wide apparently) and I was banned. :(
The Sig Violations are seperate to this system. You do get 2 stikes before a ban. 5 Stikes and you loose the ability to edit the signature. (Although, we have forgetten and I've managed to get a 6th Strike in.)

Since I became staff, Most Staff who are applying them, must ask a Smod or Admin to apply the ban. So You will get the 3rd or later, Sig Stike then get banned hours later, which is the case for you. (I can see who gave it you, and the notice for the ban.)

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
The Sig Violations are seperate to this system. You do get 2 stikes before a ban. 5 Stikes and you loose the ability to edit the signature. (Although, we have forgetten and I've managed to get a 6th Strike in.)

Since I became staff, Most Staff who are applying them, must ask a Smod or Admin to apply the ban. So You will get the 3rd or later, Sig Stike then get banned hours later, which is the case for you. (I can see who gave it you, and the notice for the ban.)

If you mean see who was responsible for me being banned then yes please! I was shocked I wasn't warned the first time. I was banned in minutes! I wasn't given hours of time, it was a matter of a few minutes :p

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
But you had the two prvious warnings; I can see them in your User Notes (top of your profile page underneath your username/user title). Sure, they're a few years old but sig violations don't expire. As for it being minutes after your third sig strike, I guess at the time a super-mod was on and noticed the request to apply the sig ban at the time - it's not always a few hours (just usually) but more a matter of timing. Alternatively in cases it's the smod who givees the third sig strike and so they do it all right then and there.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
With that said, what if a Mod tells a Smod to ban a member for a sig violation but when the said Smod gets on the Member already changed their sig to something within the rules. Does the Member still get banned, or how does that work?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
With that said, what if a Mod tells a Smod to ban a member for a sig violation but when the said Smod gets on the Member already changed their sig to something within the rules. Does the Member still get banned, or how does that work?
Still gets banned because mods only say someone needs banning after the 3rd/4th/5th sig strike is given so it being changed shouldn't change anything. If the system was different in that mods could do bans for it then they would be banned then and there so the delay doesn't change a thing. (Plus it'd be iffy not to ban just because someone had the 'luck' to be on and change it before an smod is when others don't with time zones and all).

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Again, if it's after they recieved the sig violation user note (and we can check the timing of both) then the ban still happens.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Again, if it's after they recieved the sig violation user note (and we can check the timing of both) then the ban still happens.

I NEVER received either of the two I was "supposed" to get before being banned. I can see only the Sig violation from 2007 on my CP. The two newest infractions never appeared on my CP, and I never received any notice of the violation.

Status
Not open for further replies.