• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Information About the Infraction Point System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtual Headache

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Very good system, Joe!

But, um, about the double,triple,ect.,ect., what if it was by accident?

I doubt some people would purposly post the same exact thing 2/3/4/5/6+ times in a row within the same topic. Just wondering.
This has already been said: There will be no punishment if it has happened accidently.

this new system is good! farewell spammers!

one question: what is this multi-quote thing?
If you want to quote more than one person, click this button in everybody's post you want to quote:
multiquote_off.gif

Use the advanced reply and all of these posts will be quoted, no need to copy and paste everyone's post you want to quote.

Kingudora

My favourite
Virtual Headache said:
If you want to quote more than one person, click this button in everybody's post you want to quote:

Use the advanced reply and all of these posts will be quoted, no need to copy and paste everyone's post you want to quote

ok i get it now

Mario Man

M'kay.
This system will help alot of people, serebii.

Psychic

Really and truly
Hrm, I dunno if I like this.

It certainly seems fair, that's for sure. But it looks like Modding is going a bit...over-the-top? Like, I know some things are pretty serious, but is this perhaps being treated too seriously?

And yeesh, this whole point system makes me feel like the whole driving point thing. @_@ I have my Drivers' Permit Test in a week and I still don't know if passing a stopped school bus is 3 or 5 points...

Really. This is kind of neat and all, but at the same time it's just a bit wtf. :/

And on swearing, first off it's allowed in certain places, like FacFiction and RPGs (in some cases, at least) so mentioning that might settle some stomachs.
And also, would you still get points off for saying things like 'f***/ing', 'sh*t' or whatever if one or more letters are replaced? Or what if I told someone to get off their lazy 'arse' or said 'effing'?
And sometimes people swear in a joking matter. To their friends, I mean. Like "hey *friend*, this fic is f***ing awesome! *insert rest of review here*" or even "well, *friend* was busy cuz he just sits on his *ss all day, right, dude? XDXDXD"

Will you still get points off in such cases? I know it's only one point and not the end of the world, but I'd like to know for ah, future references.
:3 rawr.

~Psychic

Eclipsed soul

Houndour Trainer
I think this is wonderful new addition to the Serebii forums ^-^ Great job Joe & Jess! This method is really easy to understand, and it also will help people keep track of what they did wrong *nods*

Keep up the wonderful work! <3

Manene!

Could you give us a list of what is considered foul language? While some may think "Damn" or "Hell" is foul, others don't. Is that rule more of, don't invade the censors (like, putting a "." after the "F" in the "F word" to keep it shown) or what?

Sammi

Banned
Oh, yes, nice system... I like it alot... It'll keep me from partially flaming bad writers. ;-; But I have a question... What are chain PM's?

Wild Cherry

Magma Commander
You know about Chain emails, like where one person sends to another. and that person sends to another, and it keeps going on?

Thats. A chain PM.

Astinus

Hm...Psychic asked the question I was going to ask... ^-^ So I'll just post saying that I'm going to enjoy the Multi-quote. I've been waiting for these forums to get that for a while, and it is needed in certain sections, like the Debate forum, as Sunkern said.

Interesting that mini-modding is a warnable offence. So, I now wonder if those who respond to spam topics saying "This is spam!" will get both spamming warnings and mini-modding warnings?

I ask the strangest questions. <.<

LuciRuki

Born This Way
Now it at least give people chances to smarten up. Congrats on the new system, and I hope it works for a very long time!

Pure Trolling - 100 Points - Does Not Expire - No Warning

- I hope this goes into effect in the Other Console forums where people just come in PS3 SUCKS LOLZ OMG get a WII ITS SO COOL without any kind of debate/attachment to an arguement behind it.

Overall the system is cool, but some stuff like petty bickering/fun jabs at each other can be seen by other mods as something different. Like how sometimes little bickers occur in the anime forum, it's all in good fun, but I can see a SERIOUS MOD coming in and taking points away.

Chain of Memories

Let's hope the new warning system works. And nice, you enabled multi-quote. :)

BTW, I got a suggestion for the warning system. How about also giving points for bypassing the 10 character minimum? By that, I mean this, for example:

Yes*10char*
Pikachu......

This is sometimes annoying, especially on the Games forum.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Hey Joe - yay *claps hands* - finally a valid way to do moderation :) - good job to everyone who came up with the idea.

~Scott;229;

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful

BTW, I got a suggestion for the warning system. How about also giving points for bypassing the 10 character minimum? By that, I mean this, for example:

Yes*10char*
Pikachu......

uhhh, Game forums are games they don't need some long explanation of if you know the guy or if you like his sig. Game Forums shouldn't have a limit.

Virtual Headache

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Yes*10char*
Pikachu......

Well, this would mos likely count as spam, since posts like that are useless...

Status
Not open for further replies.