• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Information About the Infraction Point System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Quill

star-lord
The 130 permanent ban should be changed 120 permanent ban because it would match the way it is which is 20 infraction points X 2 (20, 40, 60, 80, 100) so next it should be edited to 120 not 130.
It would make perfect scene if it was 20 X 2 for them all.

Um no, the reason these bans don't follow the 20 x 2 pattern is because these offences offer a pernament ban that will never expire.

That's more important then making our infractions be in "unison".

D

Deleted member 11515

Because there is no specific thread for this, the thread it should be in is locked, I have a quick question involving the strike system with signatures. Do strikes for signatures expire, or are they permanent? If they are permanent, then why are they permanent?
They are permanent.
Because, the sig rules are easily followed.

The 130 permanent ban should be changed 120 permanent ban because it would match the way it is which is 20 infraction points X 2 (20, 40, 60, 80, 100) so next it should be edited to 120 not 130.
Nah, I like it being 130. :\

Last edited by a moderator:

Sapphiredragon929

A r t i f i c e.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah-no. The reason why 130 Permaban exsists is to make itself memorable. I see absolutely not a single reason to think about syncipating them just so they can all look nice.

In other words: Wellbeing of the site > Nicely arranged numbers.

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
How long will it takes to infractions to be expired

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Basically, Trolls usually make worthless threads/posts, spam wherever they can (advertising sites, creating fake rumors, making walls of text that are just senseless or garbled, etc.), and just generally act with the full intent of annoying people and clogging places with loads of pointless messages.

Jazzy

Typical
Look up facetious for a shining example of this sacred art.

SupremeJudicator

Still gotta catch 'em all!
I got an infraction for double posting, but it expired months ago. will it ever be erased from my profile?

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Basically, Trolls usually make worthless threads/posts, spam wherever they can (advertising sites, creating fake rumors, making walls of text that are just senseless or garbled, etc.), and just generally act with the full intent of annoying people and clogging places with loads of pointless messages.
Or they go around and flame certian people (Insulting them).

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
How do people banned by pure trolling come back. If it never expires, then, it confuses me.

I believe that "pure trolling" is a 100-point infraction. Since it takes 130 points to equate to a permanent ban, it's not enough, and their accounts are unbanned. For 100 points, I think the ban lasts for around 3 months. So, 3 months later, they are back for more, if they still want to log on and be here.

Surfing_Pikachu

I believe that "pure trolling" is a 100-point infraction. Since it takes 130 points to equate to a permanent ban, it's not enough, and their accounts are unbanned. For 100 points, I think the ban lasts for around 3 months. So, 3 months later, they are back for more, if they still want to log on and be here.
I doubt anybody would say "YES! It's August 16, three months after I was banned so I can finally go and annoy more people on Serebii! Yaaaay!"

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
I doubt anybody would say "YES! It's August 16, three months after I was banned so I can finally go and annoy more people on Serebii! Yaaaay!"
I suppose that's precisely why someone invented the proxy.

dawsoc

Yes, I'm still alive
yeah i like the idea , but i'm not sure why, i'm glad there is a system.

Status
Not open for further replies.