1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Information released on Pokémon GO worldwide events

Discussion in 'Pokemon GO Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobandbill

bobandbill Winning Smile Staff Member Super Mod

Information released on Pokémon GO worldwide events

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/gosummerevents
    http://www.serebii.net/news/2017/12-July-2017.shtml
    https://daily.pokecommunity.com/2017/07/12/information-released-on-pokemon-go-worldwide-events/

I hope they have something for people in Australia... At least everyone benefits from these challenges in Chicago, but it'd be nice to participate as well.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  2. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

I wish they'd announce something like for my area, but a worldwide thing would be fine with me. For those over in Europe, be sure to tell us what's new! Hope you guys catch a whole lot of awesome stuff!

3. Rapiido

Rapiido Well-Known Member

This makes me wonder why a worldwide Safari Zone-esque event hasn't happened yet... I will probably never in the near future be able to get to Europe/Japan/Central America or Australia... Hoping when Hoenn rolls around there aren't many regional exclusives that I want (if Tropius is in a tropical region and not worldwide I'll complain hard)

Really hoping the Global Reward is something better than what we got for the anniversary.

4. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I like that they're at least trying to include the world in these things, but I think I'm already getting tired of these real-world, location-specific events. I'm not sure why people think it's a good idea. I'm especially jealous of the Safari Zone event. Hopefully the world-wide benefits aren't that much worse than the ones gotten on-location.

Anyways, I'm assuming they designed these challenges assuming that all tiers will be achieved, or else why would they bother designing them in the first place, especially this mystery challenge. Maybe if the mystery challenge is completed, Legendary Pokémon will start appearing as Raid Bosses. That would be cool.

EDIT: So what bonuses do people want to see the most out of the global bonuses? I'd like to see the spawn rate increase and candy bonuses the most. The one I want the least is probably the Stardust one.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  5. andrewmenza

andrewmenza Member

The ones that seem most interesting to me are the candy bonus and the egg distance bonus. I like the xp one, cuz xp is xp, but maybe less so because it isnt something that is exclusive to this or hard to get. The encounter rate I'm not sure about, mostly because I don't know what pokemon's encounter rate is raised. If it's ultra rare pokemon like poygon, larvitar, and mareep, great, but if I start to see more pidgey than I usually do then no thanks.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  6. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie New Member

Just an FYI, on the front page, the last typing rewards says its Steel type, but its actually Normal type.

7. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I would assume that increased encounter rate means that there are more Pokémon appearing, meaning the chances of finding anything goes up equally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.