• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Infraction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapphire Milotic

Ok, so this morning when I logged on to SPPf, I got a private message from Psychic. I am a little confused on why this was marked as spam for me, and I will post what she talked to me about, so here goes. There was this thread where someone was talking about their Pokemon Silver team, and I said that I got a Shiny Totodile on my Crystal. So I got an infraction today about it saying it was "spamming". I really don't know how that is spamming, so I would appreciate it if someone would clear it up for me, here is what Psychic said:

---------------

Psychic said:
Dear Sapphire Milotic,

You have received an infraction at Serebii.Net Forums.

Reason: Spamming
-------
You have to stick to the topic of the thread you post in. This thread is in the Rate My Team forum, and the topic is about rating this particular team.

If you want to talk about Shinies, please find the appropriate thread. This isn't hard to do, as the thread is a sticky in another section. You can also finds threads with the topic you're looking for using the Search feature.

Please take note of this for the future.

~Psychic
-------

This infraction is worth 3 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
[post]8738404[/post]
I have a shiny Totodile on my Crystal. One day I decided to do a new game, and I wanted a shiny Totodile, so when I first did a new game, it was regular, but I saved before getting it, then I reset the game, and I ended up getting a shiny Totodile! ^-^

Click here to see the image: (Link)

All the best,
Serebii.Net Forums

Warfare

liverliverliverliver
It's simple really. You went off-topic when the whole forum itself is pertaining to posting threads for team rates or posting ratings for other peoples' teams.

And you should really PM the moderator about this for clarification instead of making a whole thread about it.

Aptenodytes

I think it's pretty obvious.

Poster: Please rate my team!
You: I got a shiny Totodile.

If you post in a thread in RMT, you should be rating or giving advice to his team - nothing else.

EDIT: Whoa, beat by three people :eek:.

Sapphire Milotic

Well I really didn't think that it was spam, so I am a bit confused why I have gotten in trouble for it since Psychic is saying that I should discuss shinies in a different thread, even though I was only commenting saying that I was lucky to have gotten one in that sort of game series... x.x

Status
Not open for further replies.